It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

i don't care i just gave it my best shot from my observations and conclusions which are in majority for now, based on assumptions anyway soo ... where the shot lands is up to you!

and as far as my view and shot landing goes... sticking to any assumption is not wise as i have noticed that they can change a lot with new insight and experiences, but that is how it is supposed to be with learning...so i don't take my own assumptions seriously either and truth has a very special place for me and there is little which i consider as 100% truth...so far the only real truth for me is that change is the only constant.

so not an ass or any other label in my mind, just Peeple!
i am not posting to convince anyone of anything. This happens with self experiences.

But i wish that everyone makes their own conclusions through experiences and not just reading about it and contemplating, although this can be useful as opening up a new platform to more knowledge through practice.

edit on 14756943551005October0510053116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Your super powers are so much better than mine. And quite different.

I once had the whole of the local dead, which given that I live within spitting distance of four very old churches, was not an inconsiderable number, flowing through my bedroom, walking through me lying in my bed. It made it hard to relax and go to sleep, despite their seeming to be totally oblivious to my presence.

I had the presence of mind to know that I was hallucinating, that it was my brain that was making me "see them" but that was insufficient for me to actually prevent myself from "seeing" them or to fully convince myself that what I was seeing wasn't "real". In the end, studying them as they filed past, I decided that they were insubstantial. I could see through them, they moved like made of smoke, therefore, they must be coming through the window. I closed the window. The ones that were left in kind of evaporated, and no more came in.

I out-foxed the fox.

Seeing several hundred ghosts did not shatter my reality.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: Serdgiam
Why not "yet"? Are you talking about humanity in general? I don't get it

As the human race evolves, if technology doesn't change things too drastically, we may well find ourselves more "capable" down the line. Anything like an expanded visual spectrum would be applicable, and seemingly subtle changes like this can lead to drastic shifts in our cultural story. Our past seems to set a precedence for this, but it does take quite some time. It probably isn't relevant to our lives, or our grandchildrens though.

I don't know what manipulation your talking about, but I learned that I can only be manipulated if I allow myself to be manipulated.

The issue is our brain just doesn't work like that. If we are shown the color red alongside images of violence, they will eventually be associated. This is because of how our brain takes in stimuli and makes connections, and it actually becomes hardwired and embedded more deeply with continuing exposure. We can guide this, to an extent, but that is a whole topic in and of itself and the results can be detrimental (I.e. breaking the association that a red-hot stove coil shouldn't be touched is not prudent).

Some of this is even generational, aka our cultural story, and some is more recent (and parts will eventually become embedded in our ancestors cultural story). Some are just innate to our experience, but others are definitely intentional.

Direct control of someones actions is different, but creating an environment of predictable behavior en masse only requires time and a reliable information dispersal system. Importantly, the predictable behavior is a set of behaviors, rather than a single monolithic response, and will contain responses that seem disparate and at odds.

Consistent results do not happen immediately, its usually over generations. So, it is necessary to include facets that encourage short-term focus on the order of a couple years.

It is all much more in depth, but these things can be used by humans as well as any other entities which may exist. Many generations of isolated exposure in this end of the spectrum can result in beings (human or otherwise) that are not really any more aware of their own hardwiring than the sector they manipulate. It essentially becomes a "natural" relationship that both are trapped in as much as the other.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

"Breaking reality" usually involves cultivating deep faith in "X" until it starts to manifest in our perception of the environment.

Then, creating a situation that will put that set of code to a test that it likely won't (or can't) pass. At that point, the only options are to embrace dissonance or let it shatter. Both can be said to have value, I think. Holding both the dissonance and the shatter simultaneously is also possible, though for many, doing so might be rather difficult, possibly even leading to psychosis.

Most go through it unintentionally and unconsciously, but it can be done deliberately.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: UniFinity

I am sorry I am an a$$hole, but I ask: what is it doing for me. Why should I believe any of that? As you have wisely foretold.
It doesn't fit my story, why should I buy that?

Don't, but then why ask?
Discussions are for exploring ideas, which really only works good if you add to that or take away bits and speak in more than 2 sentences per post.

You should NOT by any means believe ANYTHING said in this thread.. I could be trolling for all you know..

But actually Serdgiam is one of the few people who spoke the right things for me to find my way back out of the rabbit hole.. He knows a bit more than you guys do about me, he doesn't have to believe it either but I thank him from my entire heart that he was there for me. And he's the scariest one of you lot.. haha..

Thanks Serdgiam.

And actually my posts are beating around the burning bush.. It's not for you to believe it's for you to take action.. You are probably thinking you can't make experiences happen.. That's the beauty of the human psyche. You can believe what ever you want to believe, but going outside of your body is exhilarating..

Actually last night I had my first lucid dream in some time.. Probably from talking about this stuff which attracts it, which is why I'm not talking about the demon stuff in specifics. One of, the reasons. The death threats on ATS didn't help. Gawd Lucid dreaming is so insane.. I love that aha! moment.. When you realize oh damn I'm dreaming.. I'm dreaming!! What's the point of believing it can happen? Just Do It! the experience is what has value not the words describing it. You can't even put lucid dreaming into good enough words, it's so funny too the dream characters don't like you telling them it's a dream hahaha.. And in general me being lucid is like "send in the guards" and every character is after me, but I am lucid enough to just make up paths in my head end up 1,000s of feet in the air gliding over castles made of Pearl and Onyx with statues 300 feet tall of gold and gems the castles themselves have 40 foot thick walls that were 200 feet high... And the expanse went on it must have been a mile long castle maybe a few miles.. Gawd seeing that while lucid... It's one of my most prized types of experiences.

I'm very much into psychology (not studying it in books as I've never read anything about psychology besides Jung's Red Book. "Liber Novus") I'm talking about my own psychology, which is what the Red book is. Heroes Journey and what I keep trying to explain about "the gods" It's all in your head dude.. But that doesn't mean it's not real. In fact it's actually the best way to remap your brain safely. I still have Army stuff in there that's stubborn so I'll just leave it some of it is attached to working jobs anyway, so I need that part.. The Heroes Journey is the Journey where you will end up confronting your shadow self and all your demons. So like one of the things I did is make my dreams nightmares and then hug the bad guys or smile at them.. I learned that trick from a very scary killer whale, I was about to be eaten full of fear, and then I realized I was "projecting" that fear.. So I smiled and the whale smiled and rubbed me with his nose haha.. It was the cutest giant scary whale ever.. I woke up like OOOHHH!!! Changed my life forever, and now when I see people get angry or need things from others I know what's really going on.. You have a dirty mirror.

And really the main thing you will find in common for a lot of wooers, is meditation. And that you think meditation is attached to culture somehow is weird to me.. It's literally stopping culture.. Going to the deepest parts of you and letting whatever sink in or spread out.. I meditated too hard of course haha. I was naturally good at it. In fact I need to find some way of turning my thoughts back on. it's tiring to have to think every time I need to think.. Instead of it just nagging me.. I havn't figured out how to do that.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Your super powers are so much better than mine. And quite different.

my super powers LOL are mostly all turned off except my random psychicness I can't control. I started this path a long time ago, and then ran from it, but it's always there invading my world at every opertune moment, tempting me back, leading this horse to water, and sometimes I sip.

I once saw a ghosty dude walking through my wall too. I also decided it wasn't really there. It wasn't scary because it had no presence. I guess pretty much like yours but mine was just one dude.. I was like whoa why is that dude walking through my wall.. hahaha.. Maybe he was using the bathroom on the other side, and decided to skip the door.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think it's time to repost this poem as I think the meaning of it was missed..

Hole to Infinity

It's good to take it easy
after you've broken through..
Looking around
who made it with you?
I'm here and there,
and everywhere
too.
Scattered and scrambled
bi-polar tri-polar
multifaceted schizophrenia
embodied
Am I talking to myself?
I joke,
and I grin.
Here he goes again..
What a tangled web,
in the eb,
and flow
No!
Where is the flow?
truth was never the point
not for the characters
stuck in this joint
ugh
you gotta be kiddin' me
can't let it get to me.

just a pawn
like a honey bee
#
it doesn't take a genius to see
parts of a whole
White rabbits that lead
trapped in a hole
thought you were moving
reach for the goal
ouch
you grabbed your own tail
in this tale
of...

excuse me!

*goes off to write history*

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Telling people what they want to hear

^^I do that. I act like a suck-up as a way to keep people happy, to avoid conflict. It's comfortable for me and I don't think of it as manipulation. But 95% of the time I'm just completely honest.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That's what I'm talkin' about...Give me a rocky clearing on the side of a forested mountain, a tent, a gas lantern and a nice bottle of red for a few days

I'm not flexible enough for this level of mental gymnastics.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

"capable" down the line.

in our ancestors cultural story

usually over generations.

^^None of that stuff applies to me, Cause ill never have my own children......

^^Leaving this here as its what I'm vibing on at the moment.

Breaking the association of a red hot stove is not prudent? Of course it is, silly! It's one of the most practical "manipulations" :p

I really DONT like making demons out of men, but it turns out I bring out the worst in some people.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Exactly that's the question: won't or can't pass? But is it the wrong test, maybe? What could it pass?

I have the strong feeling, since we're talking about stuff that would go towards psychic, telekinesis and stuff like that, we just set up the wrong environment for the wrong test.
What if it's true and the answer lies more in the area of the fundamental interconnectedness of all things? No brain to brain communication, but the collective talks to the I?
What if the apparitions, UFOs, shadow people, are nothing more than projection through time, you perceive because you're "entangled"? Watching your future self at work, moaning with your past self while you work on whatever you currently do?
There is no coincidence, so the UFO or whatever it was that sent you on your quest is no coincidence. What benefit could it possibly have to ponder and come up with stories about the woo, if it's just a waste of time? Has no testable outcome?
I am definitely influencing others with my woo. Others are influenced by my woo. Or the same woo.
It can control the weather, animals, people, all electronics, basically everything "changeable". I am not satisfied with any school of thought, or approach, or explanation, because my experience doesn't fit. Looks like X, but doesn't behave like it. If I fell for that, I would probably tell you prayers work, but curses do too and it's the same adress.
I need other people to try it, open minded honest not knee-deep in bias...
Because I think the best hint I got so far was "it's like that, but different". What if you or anyone here would be open to get entangled with me? Would that work?
Something small, something nice, like... someone will give you a present today, something small, a bonbon, a single daisy, would you be so honest to tell me if that would happen?
The environment has to be big, the world, but maybe the test needs a definite target?
Or Mousygretchen or Reverbs get your present? I don't know.

Would you guys mind if I try? Look for daisies.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I know I can be a pain in the ass, but that's just because I'm not satisfied. Looking for something but don't know exactly what, so.... lots of questions.
The laboratory needs new equipment.
Imagine how awesome that alone would be, instant communication with no technology involved, we just have to tune in. The Earth show. You get kissed.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Are you asking me to engage in, like.. a psychic communication? The "realistic" thing that comes to mind is pen pals.

If I see any Daisies in my near future, I will be sure to let you know. Hope I am understanding you as you mean.

Edit
If you're sending a Daisy, then I will send....*thinks*
The Crescent Moon.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

Double edit, lol.
Or how about, I don't know....no I cant come up with another present! You said a Daisy or a Bonbon, and i'm having trouble coming up with one to send from my end of the world.
I'll let you know when I do.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Don't apologise good, the first that comes to mind and makes it onto the screen.
Perfect actually because it's not feeding some material need.

It lead me here. A little teaser

edit on 6-10-2016 by Peeple because: Add

Pretty.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The only really scary thing for me was when I thought I had to choose between realities. I was really scared that a "selfish" choice would lead to all out ruin. So, I needed a little help to let go of the strings, let them untangle and float away.

I think of it as super powers. I think we all have "super" powers of one sort or another, talents to be developed and predispositions to certain environmental stimuli. As you know, it is the efficacy of the direction, where it leads us and what we find out, overcome and accomplish, that makes us take those sips, be drawn in, but it isn't that way for some, I am not sure why, perhaps being that open to scrutiny, even if the viewer is only from within, it is harder on some than others and of course, Western society comes with a great deal of intolerance as standard.

Likewise though, no hurry or eagerness to get back into that space and I know how to avoid accidental slippages towards the scarier areas.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I really DONT like making demons out of men, but it turns out I bring out the worst in some people.

You can't take responsibility for other people's actions, only your own. Some relationship dynamics simply do not work. Some people just cannot help but clash and no amount of trying is going to make it work. Doesn't mean that as seperate individuals they are not capable of being perfectly nice, well balanced people, but together...eeek. It's not your fault if another person is unable to exercise self-control, you are only responsible for your own actions and reactions. If you see a pattern in yourself and your behaviour that you don't like, as in your choice in men, then understand why, take the reigns, and steer yourself elsewhere.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Anaana because: needless repitition

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Imagine we are the bad guys in the future. And the aliens, as in real ET we will certainly meet at some point which are all for love and light, free art, free living,... are also communicating on this almost subconscious level.
Imagine to be free we have to overcome everything we stand for at some point.
Molecular machines, nano covered food. Creepy.
In the wrong hands.
A miracle, a beautiful fairy-tale, in the right hands.
But where is someone you can trust with that kind of power? Everybody, only everybody.
In this story there would of course be a breaking point, a moment of truth, when suddenly strange objects start flying around, blowing stuff up.

But this planet is too fascist for me. Not the people are the problem, those who have the power are. We got no choice but to take over.

And I mean seriously of course we will learn to manipulate time. But space is space. An ocean is no desert.
Steam and water. You guys get what I am hinting at
The Fl⊙w.
The artist formerly known as the force.
Time travelers, both humans and not.

I said imagine, of course it's fiction.
I'd also imagine you'd make a huge fuss about the actual contact moment and those talking about us, would have to agree and it's like the one bad star wars movie, diplomats diplomating. But the pressure rises, the point of no return approaches and all that matters is what your decision was. Contact now, or later to support the survivors?

Every night I pray
Give me endless power
Over all and everything

Free them I say
Stretching out the hours
Victim and King

Just light and clay
Building an ivory tower
While the gods sing

That would make a fantastic story.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Or we imagine something less sinister, nature, but then we'd also have to consider what are we, what's our niche? Are we symbiotic or parasitic? We even strangle the planet, the spaceship with the highest comfort. Polute it, exploit it, damage it, blow holes in it, we are pretty impressive, strong as a collective, but destructive.
But what are we giving? Our cultivated animals hate us probably, cows, chicken, pigs, salmon,... every living thing on this planet has reasons to hate humans.
If you imagine they were the majority of pure souls judging over the fate of mankind. Then it gets pretty dark fast. Why not animals are alive, aware, there is consciousness, that's all there is, right? Who knows what deep thoughts a whale has, hundreds of years old, drifting through the waters all day, like... the ultimate meditation.

The need of the many outweigh the needs of the one. What if that's true on a species wide scale? Then it gets sinister: "Must kill all humans" would they shout.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I really can't imagine a single scenario where the term "higher-self" would be appropriate.
Or something where I could cheer for the human race. If you're all so good and in touch, why is it not showing? Belly-button-astronauts we're already a little too deep in the self, maybe we should think about the connection part.
The abyss stares back... contact with a strange lifeform... a mirror of our energy... imagine you were a magician what would you work on? Selfish, or for the greater good, meaningful changes on a global scale. A balance. But misplaced, like a referee in a poker game. Like the annoying paladin you send out of the room, before you start asking the hard questions.
There have to be global rules, fair trade, we all just want a live worth living. Child labour and all that. Human trafficking. It's not like refugees are the only problem we have. People are just people starring in our own life-movie, we strive for a better life.
Enlighted higher-selfers and the one-ers, are so full of themselves, I mean look at their "philosophies". Me!
We're all just prostitutes.
And I could see myself as very nice pet, if my owner is a gardener of all living things, the greater good in wiser hands. But ha I mean... puhlease, right? Nobody knows it better than I. Pretty sure you can say the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There are many possibilities I don't think I reach one percent. An integral, right? I imagine from ancestor and future spirits, ET, secret clubs, "gods"etc, toxoplasma gondii infection, actual time travelers, magic, psychic-stuff, a collective consciousness cloud, and then some in each direction is possible.
My curse, I want proof. How about we try to excite it, collectively, since we are connected? Imagine something out of the ordinary, a Utopia.
Ha you too thought about absolute power, right? Just to give it back to the people.
That's okay, try to become a politician.
So I can fill my pockets. Shame on you. Work at McDonald's.
Imagine we do create our reality, what's the cultural norm?
The role models, our aristocrats, like Lagerfeld. His cat.

new topics

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join