It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

But I need to remember everything before I move on from it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Don't overemphasise on the catholic thing, I don't even believe in heaven or hell, just part of my cultural heritage and I always took my pride from not belonging anywhere. Just as I am undeniably bavarian, but while the average is half human half beer, I always preferred more colourful cultural experiences.

Good start in the day btw. thanks, coffee, sonic youth and an invitation to ramble.

Life, attachment and the balance.
I am recovering, still and I don't fool myself into believing otherwise. Right now life is this annoying thing that makes me go to meetings, fill out formulas, take care of bank stuff etc. There is no more emotional attachment, as far as I am concerned, what lays on the other side is far more interesting. I almost died something around two years ago and that set in motion a chain reaction, which brought me to where I am now. Suicide however is not an option, because if I were meant to be dead I would be, therefore my mission is obviously not over yet and dropping everything would be equal to quitting.
Or desertion.
My spirituality, working on my unified woo theory, all that is only possible if I keep my meatsuit on and running.
I almost wanted to say unfortunately.
Balance is something to strive for, something I hope to find once I got myself so far under control I can start caring about other humans again. At the moment I love ATS for allowing me to exchange these deep philosophical thoughts and some stupid jokes, which I plane and simple couldn't face to face. In person I am so busy keeping a distance, I just can't be me. I got attacked, a lot, mostly for just telling the truth and speaking my mind, that's definitely something I have to work on. But as with everything practise, practise, practise. Right?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Well, the practice I learned years ago for nearly a perfect memory is to not jump around in it in segments, but start right before you go to sleep and review the entire day from when you woke up to that present moment, then go to the day before that and then review it in reverse from when you went to sleep to when you woke up go as far as you can through that day and each one behind it until you fall asleep and then repeat the same process as far as you can til you fall asleep again eventually the review will get much faster and faster each night there will of course be days missing curious huh? When that occurs goto the last day you recall before the blank spot and try to remember it in full and back from there if possible you'll notice those chunks of days weeks and even months missing so try to remember important events during those months like holidays or vacations and what you did... continue in this manner and the gaps start filling in the days weeks or months that seem blank... eventually they will start filling in and so will the other blank spots continuing on in such a manner you can star going into past lives... be sure to continue looking at repeating patterns, look at peoples faces and similarities one you will see that is oddly familiar that really stands out keep looking for that persons face eventually other peoples faces will take on the same character be sure to look for faces through time like old pictures online etc you'll start recognizing the people and places and know who they were then and now all throughout time.

you may go through entire epochs and aeons see the universe begin and end as it wraps all the way back around... eventually all of this becomes moot as you'll see yourself be insects, blades of grass flowers and all of that business feel free to go through as many animals as you like until you "get" it. We are not this form yet the form we take is the same each and every time some people will look like a conglomerate of several people you'll be able to see all of them within that conglomerate.... no real point going further beyond this as it takes awhile to see and get to this point decades unless very dedicaded.

It's always the journey as there is no destination

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Hi Mousy! Welcome to the Cafe. We seem to have lost our host on the way.

Was it an apparition? The only one capable of answering that question is you. But does it really matter, because what it certainly was, is an experience. One that seems to have impacted you.
You know people can be speaking to your soul without being aware of it. There is a world full of subliminal conversation going on many people never get to "feel". Scratch coincidence out of your vocabulary that's just a made up word flat persons use to box up everything they can't explain.
You obviously have more volume, or dimension than that. I can tell, simply because you ask questions. A dangerous trait in a world where everything is designed to maximise functionality.

Your social skills teacher was pretty incompetent. Gender is just another label for a box. People love them, because in their mind it defines you, while it really doesn't. Sexuality is just as normal as using the toilet, something you don't do in public, but no reason to be ashamed of, because at the end of the day that's just hormones and meatsuit business.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You nearly lost me at Bavarian.

It's my favorite doughnut...

It sounds like you are working on a whole lot of self acceptance since it seems many others want to play plastic musical chairs becoming your own best friend is a good thing knowing youself inside and out... what belongs there and what doesn't what was borrowed and what is of no use. Trimming the ol Bonzai tree of life into the shape you want it to be takes time when you finally accept you in full it all flows out from so much that constantly flowed in and I think thats when accepting other people really start to happen, where there's nothing left to know about oneself the drives the motivations the psychology etc acessing all the little recesses nooks and crannies dusting for cobs webs within gives a great insight to how life operates so that your purpose is kown and you simply carry that out and left the rest behind.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Which one? Bavarian style, or Bavarian cream?

I apparently sold myself better than I actually am. The curse...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

cream powdered or chocolate covered are both awesome... hey selling yourself is better than soiling yourself

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I used to quite enjoy soiling myself at one point in time.
I distinctly remember this from my diaper days.
guilty pleasure.

Brother Darkness.. The BB Code is [yvid ] not [ytube ] without spaces of course.

A little weird you picked sonic youth... Nice. They have a song named after my home town.. Wish our music scene was like the old days..

I have to go to a job interview but all I want to do now is be in some grungy bar with some punk girl and some beer. Do they still make punk girls even? Hipsters don't count.

edit on 7-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You know physics, right? Can you help me out here?

If you got the time of course, good luck with your interview!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

weather radar? I would have to learn about what the radar is measuring and then apply it to what I know of physics, I'm not much of a meteorologist..

I left that thread because I thought it was going to go nowhere, but whoa that last video tweetie posted.

yikes.

but yea I have to go cut my hair and laundry and yea so later on I'll have to go through the thread and see if I get what you're getting at.

EDIT:
yea someone semi answered you. It's over my head, but the timing of the flash is much earlier than the explosion after. I don't think it's related?

But now I'm off on a cool tangent learning about radars, hehe..

Doppler Radar Wiki

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
mmm I found a cool site by accident.

It's like some course in all things radar..

weather radar fundamentals

Hope I have a lot of mental energy when I get back.

LOL

Ok well curse you for taking me off track of the woo..
This silly radar stuff is going to consume me for days.

funny note If I had gone furher in the Army I would know all about this, as I was fire control radar operator/maintainer for up to 12 patriot missile sites.. Ahh too bad.

I skipped to a section on clear weather anomalies..

Oh god I'm starting to notice things already lol... For one the angle of that radar in your loop is .5 degrees... Do we know where the radar is located? I think it might be catching the towers as returns.. It just depends how close it is.. .5 degrees is not a huge angle of elevation.. Also the radar is in precipitation mode which we know from our short class earlier haha has a wider range of refelctivity it's measuring than "clear weather mode"

If I know how tall the towers are and I know how far the are from the radar, I might see why we are getting multiple flashes..

From what I've been looking at those returns can't be smoke or water or birds, well maybe birds but I want to find a longer animation than the one shown..

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Kmlb Airport, Florida of course.

Ha, I am helping

And I don't know, but I thought, a doppler radar can only detect things in motion? But it looks in the time lapse as if there were minor yellow flashes coming from approximately the same area, what would really interest me, is what speed does yellow stand for? There's a scale, but no figures?
edit on 7-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So we are about 20-25 miles.. yikes..

you are looking at a logorithmic scale of reflectivity. dBZ decibles of Z (don't know z yet)

Doppler uses velocities and such but it's not how it sees things, that's how it corrects to not see other things.. the rain doens't have to move to be seen.

yellow is 30 dBZ it's like steady rain level reflectivity.. In precipitation mode, which that radar is in.

Gawd it sounds like I actually sort of know what I'm talking about.. Well, I do learn quick. But no one get confused I don't truly know what I'm saying yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Towers are 250 feet plus 150 for the "candle sticks"

Decibel in relation to z, z is the energy reflected back, but what that means...

Oh so yellow tells me there is stuff going on in approximately the same energy reflection density as light rain would have?

Or more light rain would be green I see yellow 35-40 dbz in precipitation mode?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

think they would have to be almost 2,000 feet tall to be catching on radar haha..

maybe in the next few days I'll know more.

Took a little refresher there in trigonometry

yellow on precipitation mode is about middle between misty air and hail storm. It goes from 0 to 75 dBz
I would call it medium rain, to more than medium. So something was there to set it off that had a bigger return than say birds or bats or fog..

this is actually getting really interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Cool! Thank you, so it's not the towers.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It looks very unlikely that it's the towers, but radars can show all sorts of things as I'm beginning to learn haha.. Especially doppler radars take more knowledge to know for sure..

A satellite image overlayed on top would be helpful.

Wish I remembered the stuff from my radio days. I had to know all about things that could bounce our signals around.. Of course we were not in microwave frequencies, but I had to know all of it to get my license.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This thing is driving me nuts! For days now. I wish I could find satellite images, I wish I had a different camera angle... Urch
It took me on quite the journey, I learned China has a hacking proof quantum entanglement communication satellite. And I thought whoa, not much more. Later I read Bedlam claiming the US does too, but only linking to his own claims for proof.
In another thread I linked Baddogmas BT civilisation break away thread come back and read "FTL communication confirmed", my heart dropped.

And now as I type that, my tablet wrote instead of heart dropped earth hacked??
Wtf? Stfu! Ey wtf?

edit on 7-9-2016 by Peeple because: Another hacking slipped through

Oh just one more thing, you can't tell me in what range of height these yellow things would be? Almost 2000 feet, if I got that right? Up to?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't know up to.. In general tey sweep at one elevation angle and then keep moving up if they want to see the tops of storms..

I don't think at 20 miles the signal spreads much I'm looking at a tiny graph I want to say this would be something like 1800-2800 feet at about 20 or 25 miles out..

Reading a tiny graph though.

FTL communication is a misnomer.. Communication is instant, always was.. LOL because it doesn't have to travel.. They aren't "sending" a signal..
Anyway..

And Bedlam has been saying that stuff for years now. Who knows if he knows anything he never describes anything in any way that is useful it seems.

ACTUALLY the graph makes it seem like the radar is going below .5 degrees.. Like it gets refracted.. I need to study this a bit more, because I am seeing where doppler radars can accidently see passed the horizon..

I added three lines and a circle to show where to focus..
the top black line in 5,000 feet
next down is 2,500 feet
and next is 1,000

at our radar range from target it looks like we could be dealing with 1,200 to 2,800 feet..
Not the most accurate, but I did it by pixel so my lines aren't super far off.

This is for elevation .5 degrees. As shown in dark blue.. That's what the radar could see..

Source

Under highly stable atmospheric conditions (typically on calm, clear nights), the radar beam can be refracted almost directly into the ground at some distance from the radar, resulting in an area of intense-looking echoes. This "anomalous propagation " phenomenon (commonly known as AP) is much less common than ground clutter. Certain sites situated at low elevations on coastlines regularly detect "sea return", a phenomenon similar to ground clutter except that the echoes come from ocean waves.

Radar returns from birds, insects, and aircraft are also rather common. Echoes from migrating birds regularly appear during nighttime hours between late February and late May, and again from August through early November. Return from insects is sometimes apparent during July and August. The apparent intensity and areal coverage of these features is partly dependent on radio propagation conditions, but they usually appear within 30 miles of the radar and produce reflectivities of

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time and putting such effort into this!
I guess we can conclude it's....
What does the expert estimate? Before I blow your mind with my wishful thinking.

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join