It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well actually Serdgiam popping up and saying the next weirdness wave shouldn't be too far off is strange in and of itself as he was the first person on ATS I felt their energy.. He was also there when my world turned inside out.
So now he pops back up to say that haha.

So I'm only like 95% relaxed now. If any other characters decide to rock up from those old times that number will be dropping fast.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I would guess we are ALL lucid dreamers, in a sense, as this reality is looking more and more dreamlike... and not to say nightmares aren't involved at times, too.

I am a bit curious about the interplay between people's perceptions and if it effects common reality, then which person's will "wins" in setting up our common world... or if there IS a common world in the traditional sense.

Is it a big mental arm wrestling match? If we were all on the same common cultural page, could we effect mass change through thought alone?

Anyway, those are my usual crackpot musings.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

The unknown is always far scarier than the familiar... some of us excel at freaking ourselves out.

The catch is that freaking (seems to) create(s) an objective reality of some sort.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Strange that dreams has become a topic because...

I have been dreaming of a bedroom in an apartment building I am not familiar with. There is a party going on one floor higher across the street (whole street is an apartment... like Mardi Gras, NO stylish). I get up, peek out the curtains, yup, party is going on. Then I look up to see the triangle shaped craft flying around. I shrug and go back to bed. There, I start to float. Just a little bit.

[This is a recurring dream I have been having off and on for a couple years now. I usually hit the ceiling and the dream ends. But this week...]. I float up and the ceiling is looming. I don't really want to reach the same point to only have it end. This time, I hit the ceiling. Then I start to push through! Heck ya!

What is on the other side? If it is the roof then where do I go? So I got that going for me this weekend!

Does that make me a dreaming 'foreverman of ATS''? And is that a good or bad thing...

edit on 26-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sorry to interrupt, but you're my "reliable cafe techniques smarty":
My question is, do you feel it is imaginable to "harvest" energy without transforming it into electricity? Like using photons for direct propulsion instead of converting it? If you'd have the right highly sensible fabric?
Argh I am struggling to find the right words...

It actually goes pretty nicely with your conversation. Remember my idea that the underlying fabric of everything is matter-less information? So what if I would say all it takes to create a new "object" or energy beam is just an intent that's natural to what you want to excite? Like hypnosis in a way.
People can stare holes in clouds, because it is natural for clouds to dissolve. What if we could set up a "meditation web" and focus that on... I don't know set Trumps hair on fire during his next speech or something?
Just an example of course, but that's mainly for fun. Not that it happens and we get arrested...

edit on 26-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

Or maybe the "green thumb" some have is a good example? It's natural for plants to grow, but with some they grow better and others are convinced they have the opposite and they really kill all green?

edit on 26-8-2016 by Peeple because: 2.add

edit on 26-8-2016 by Peeple because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hum... now most electricity comes from rotational energy moving through a magnetic field (that is how a generator works). So that is that (all energy manufacturing does this: burn fuel, heat water, turn a generator. Even the "free energy" devices do the same thing eventually-magnetic field, something disturbs it, electricity out). So might not be a good line of reasoning. But it did remind me, "everything rotates" (that means there is hope).

I suppose the vacuum could be "harvested" from fluctuations of the quantum foam but as far as we know it is not doable (the whole zero point idea). BASSPLYR has some wonderful ideas. I thought I had the link book marked because he succinctly answered somebody's question the other day... dang, might have deleted out of my list (if I find it I will U2U it over). So there may be a quantum effect that can be harvested at some point.

Light is still part of electro-magnetic spectrum so pushing things with a laser would be out.

So unless you can convert gravity or kinetic power to the use of energy you have in mind... I am really tempted to say the answer is "at this moment no. Electricity is how it all seems to work for productive human use".

But my mind is focused on heading out the door! Stoopid errands and chores. I do plan on doing some reading over the weekend so may run across something neat.
edit on 26-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Oh!

Thought of direct conversion of molecules to fuels! CO2 in particular. There is a thread here on articial leafs to biofuel. And a turbine that is based on super heated CO2.

Which is still only combustion in the end...

Like the idea of thoughts that you added while I responded!

But my poor brain only thought "electricity"! Thoughts ARE an energy!
edit on 28-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Guys, I just had the business idea, coffee delivery service. There is not a single one (in Munich) plus I would only have to work sat/sundays....
Someone hand me a freaking latte or I will kill someone!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Oganic, single source, environmental, good water... I'm in! Who needs a 401K anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What if i get lost in my lucid dreams?

And feel like I have become too detached from reality, distracted in daily life too much for my own good?

I actually mean that literally, without any sort of secret double meaning or anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What would you use the money for anyways? Exactly: buy coffee

From happy coffee farmers of course.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Given that thought frequently precedes action, id have to say the idea has merit even in the most straightforward/woo-less sense.

I think its difficult to say whether a social consensus actually changes "reality" itself, or just our perception of it. Interestingly, I think that as far as we are concerned, its largely irrelevant.

I think that the "rules" of existence stay static, however, those limits are so far beyond our comprehension that we could operate under the opposite assumption with great efficacy. It wouldn't take much to improve on the habitual cultural story we currently write.

In that, I suspect that as both individuals and groups, we can affect "reality" to a degree that appears to be changing the fabric of the universe itself. After all, we can perceive the experience of something like "infinity," but its really just a glimpse into the seemingly boundless areas beyond our limited perceptions.

Its into that same space that we grow both individually and as a people. In our current story, it could be seen as "external," and that we stagnate in the other direction (internally), but it contains both. Like so many things though, the overall inaccurate internal stagnation versus external growth can be just the relativistic concept that catalyzes actual growth outside the old paradigm.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Well, I think there are some safety measures in place. One is the "lifeline" of simply waking up. Being able to do this at will can help. Another is the concept of "wherever you go, there you are."

Actually choosing locales and further on, building temporary worlds, tends to be a product of practice. What appears initially can frequently be with a purpose. A sort of bunny slopes.

As far as a disconnect while awake, that is an issue more easily approached.. while awake. Usually, it is representative of an experience that already is present, but is exacerbated due to circumstances. Actually connecting to this "world" in the fullest sense is frequently advised against and most practices involve detachment.

I disagree with such assertions vehemently, but I can't discount the notion of "different strokes for different folks."

Regardless, I would suggest any exercises/practices which would help define and clarify how your system exists simultaneously with many others. There is a physical, obvious shift when we move from the "brain space" as we have defined it culturally, to one where we consciously and continuously recognize other systems validity outside of our own mind. Importantly, its an experience and NOT just thought. One that is likely new, beyond any constructs which may currently exist in our experience.

Sometimes that means that not only do we need to travel new roads, we may need to build the roads for ourselves. While traveling down the old roads has value, it is also a good way to create ruts that can be very difficult to traverse. Its the totality of knowledge, knowing the existing roads and the knowledge to build our own, that can enable us to reach places we could never fathom before we arrived there as well as the security of knowing the way back.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I would suggest any exercises/practices which would help define and clarify how your system exists simultaneously with many others.
What kind of exercises/practices are you referring to? I don't understand.

way to create ruts

Could you elaborate on that please?
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

There are an enormous amount of different, pertinent exercises. This type of topic has been around for a very long time, but since objective, universal "facts" are hard to come by.. a lot of it is exploration through trial and error.

Determining what will help you get where you want to go is tricky at best. In general though, basic meditation and "mindfulness" exercises are great. The ones that will jive with you best will be partially dependent on your belief system.

So, disclaimers aside, breathing exercises are a good one. They are simple, yet have an extraordinary amount of depth. Try not to think about the breathing, rather, let your lungs do their thing just as your brain does. The idea is to eventually experience both of these systems (the lungs breathing and the brain thinking) as two individual, but not separate, parts of the same whole. Then, expand that to the whole body (heartbeat, etc.) and then everything around us and within us. Once that is achieved, it provides an excellent foundation for further growth in these arenas.

We tend to approach everything with our thoughts/thinking and force everything through that filter. That can place limitations and concepts on our experience, even just how we experience our own body, that can be inaccurate and misleading. This frequently ends up happening to everything we encounter. From people we meet to lucid dreaming, we try to put these things into thoughts based on past experience. As a sole means of processing 'life,' it can lead to frustration. Practices like breathing exercises can lead to expanding our toolset. It is also something that can be practiced all the time, so it can help improve focus and discipline (mindfulness).

As it all turns into habitual behavior, which can take some time, it becomes easier to recognize the different "feel" of being asleep and dreaming or being awake. Similar to the different "feel" of thinking about breathing or simply breathing while thinking.

As we become more continuously aware of the subtle nuances of existence, it becomes easier to recognize which state we may be in at a given time (like dreaming or awake).

There are also things like always checking if light switches work. It has never worked for me, but it does for some. As it becomes a habit, it can be a trigger for some to enter a lucid dreaming state. In my opinion though, I think that cultivating practices that are useful outside of strictly lucid dreaming are a better investment of time.

Google can help too. Even if something seems silly, it may be exactly what you need as an individual.

"Ruts," in this context, could also be called habits. The more we do anything in life, or the more we are exposed to something in a certain context, the more embedded it becomes in who we are and how we act.

Just like traveling over the same road many, many times starts to show as lines of wear on the road. Given enough time, the only way to travel on such a road is in the worn-down grooves, or ruts. Even if you want to turn, the ruts will prevent it. While this can be used to our advantage, it can also work to our detriment. We can do it to ourselves, but it can also be programmed into us by others. Learning how to avoid their pitfalls, and learning how to build entirely new paths to new experiences, gives us some tools to free ourselves from prisons made by ourselves or others.

Hope that helps explain it a bit better.
Over the years, I've tried to learn how to communicate these things, or even just find basic common ground.. to no avail. So, I've begun to avoid it altogether, preferring to share my perspective through inventions and creations. Its different in most ways, but exceedingly satisfying.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes. Thank you. It's a bit overwhelming. I don't really know what to say. But i just want to clear something up, i didn't understand the definition of lucid dreaming. What i'm experiencing is something more like overhwelming daydreaming.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)
Also my brain is a little fried at this point.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Lucid dreaming is, basically, when you are asleep and dreaming and realize that you are asleep and dreaming.

Most people will use the opportunity to do things like fly around. So, not so much like daydreaming (overwhelming or not).

Id say all the info still applies though. Lucid dreaming, dreaming, daydreaming, and awake are different states that can frequently blend together in one way or another. Improving things like focus can help not only differentiate the nuances between them, but correctly parse them as different environments. Hope you can get it worked out.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you mean Del as in The Funky Homosapien? Hellz yah it does... tracking software is like a crackhead following you down the street called the internet. We know your interests and we think youd like to waste your money on this crap... come on man break me off a lil something someting its good for the economy yo... no cookie monster you need to go to the public services department and get some help I dont want to get ADS virus from you.
edit on 31-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

&

Glad to see you guys are doing well.
For some strange reason ATS doesn't work anymore. Well now it does but lately I get time out if I try to post.
See if this one works....
A aaaaaaaah aliens...

You mean when the universe 404's you? It gave me the royal rumble for 9 months straight all connectivity but a stupid xbox with a browser was down... it totally tried to knock me in the you are once again in platos cave you must use a fuel lantern for light go for a winter without heat a summer without AC and crap in shopping bags and see what all those preppers are hoping to go through trying to make a self fulfilling prophesy happen.

Stigmatizing but otherwise a pleasant experience

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join