It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thank you

Being feral I fell asleep... I watch whatever things arise and pass by as entertainment, time is always to myself being relative in nature by not nurtured by such, I can go outside whenever I want but not without a healthy dose of inappropriate dog nose trying to get under my tail, adoration is like children yelling I want that toy during commercial breaks and since I cook my own food unless feeling travelsome it is always good(I've had great teachers so not an egoist thing) and well for massages theres apps for that

You didnt mention a cuddle... well, a good coat under a cold breeze makes a great cuddle.

I tip my own hat never looking for tips in it... so as you can tell, Im an aristo-cat without all the inherited incestuousness that goes along with those jokers that lay around like; but refuse to leave.

I hope you have a good evening... chimichangas are calling, but I'll call this moment morning instead of evening and have some cereal and anime instead.

Speaking of cooking on budgets though, think of Mexico... same few ingredients yet so many varieties out of those few things. I'm not budget conscious when it comes to eating though as it is one of life's greatest pleasures.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Ah but the adventure! Cats are smarter and climb better than dogs. As long as they're healthy and fit.
A sterilised country cat.
I prefer getting brushed, and charm my owner with my unique personality.

Ha every cat person can tell you with which mistake they deserved every wound they have.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The problem with the woo in general is, nobody ever tamed it. A few maybe, got it so far they can make things manifest. But who knows if the Scole Experiment was a hoax, a once in a lifetime get together, or something we could make happen every year, like Samhain?
Maybe we just got to distracted to embrace what it is, what everybody goes through, it even became a thing called midlife crisis, but it describes the shift of the awareness you go through after you're grown up?
For god you're adult around 30. That's when he calls you and it makes you question the meaning of life. Some go through it without scars, others turn weird, the same things people having a woo in their life go through earlier.
How could you tell it is something with a personality and not just a bumpy adjustment to the new perception you get once your brain is grown enough to asses it's own behaviour?
If the receiver is your mind, could the sender be the "real you"? Are we connected to others in a place where time and matter as we know it don't exist? How could you prove that comes from a place outside your brain?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the state has tagged me with a roaming handicap in discrimination... I've meowed in solidarity instead of bending over for their anal probe of discrimination, much to the displeasure of those anally fixated that enjoy bending others over in ideologies of inequality. Not all states are so discriminatory, one would think the right to drive/ride would be the last thing such cantankerous discriminatory ones would remove as it strands those they see as a problem in their domain of unrelenting desire to control via ideology blankets of control despite what the population wants to occur and are always shooting anything down from such embedded trenches of power given to them from seats they dont deserve to represent.

But I do enjoy exploring, and do have ways around their shooting 22's and expecting others to catch such hateful greedy bullets.

Brushing is of course a learned skill, anyone that powers through a tangle instead of stopping to see it as a puzzle to gently solve then continue in gentle mindful brushing is ham handed and would rather be slicing such meat I suppose than focusing on the joy such a thing brushing can be as instead of a task or duty... as a pleasure that rivals even that of getting brushed.

I've heard enough dogs whining about scratches received, only when they too evolve and become a cat from that training will they understand how purrfect life is when taste is taken into account, instead of trying to swallow everything without any discernment so they wont have to share. In such a manner life loses all manner of flavor and is left to those inappropriate sniff tests that are always aimed crotch first.

Is it any wonder why such beasts are so insecure with guilt when looked at in the eyes?

edit on 15-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: aid in seeing 20/20

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I'd say you leashed the creativity of woo well with your post... believe it and the ego only woos itself.
edit on 15-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Ah but the adventure! Cats are smarter and climb better than dogs. As long as they're healthy and fit.
A sterilised country cat.
I prefer getting brushed, and charm my owner with my unique personality.

Ha every cat person can tell you with which mistake they deserved every wound they have.

I have a scar on my top lip from where a Siamese Queen bit through my lip. I know exactly what I did to deserve that, though she subsequently was given opportunity to bite through my nose too, so it took a while for the message to sink in. I was only 6. It hasn't happened since.

I don't know that all cats are smarter, I have had a few "special" cats in my time, my current one has definite moments. I have also met some very intelligent dogs. Most cats though can survive on their own if they can hunt. A dog is more dependent on the pack. Both have their merits but cats are much easier for those of us who are lazily inclined, they educate us on the benefits of cat naps and day dreaming in sun beams.

And the beauty of being a cat is that if you get a crappy owner, there is always someone somewhere waiting for a cat to wander in and adopt them, you just have to rub yourself up against a few ankles until you find the right ones.

Not a bad life, all things considered.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite animated stories it comes out of Russian folk lore...

The Cat Walked By Himself:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

That's my favourite Rudyard Kipling story...perhaps one of my favourite stories in fact. I have one of Kipling's illustrations from it on my bedroom wall.

Didn't know it had Russian origins.

ETA; I haven't forgotten that I said I would share with the thread the painting I was working on...I had to put painting on hold for a few weeks due to one thing and another, and finding it too emotively draining and therefore physically exhausting. I have to tred lightly. Anyway, I started fiddling with it again last night, so it should be done soon, but thought as a good-will gesture I'd show the initial drawing of it.

I began with the mountain line, which is Mount Ida on Crete, and the Ivy as the foreground. Then began working from those anchors.

As you can, hopefully, see - the painting was a nightmare of detailing, and it was hard work maintaining my patience with the fiddly bits, but it was also a quite "mystical" experience as the "boy" I originally sketched emerged into maturity as a man. It is now called "Extremely Beautiful - The Man clothed in the Moon".

edit on 15-7-2016 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Oh, folk tales and legends is how Shakespeare is so famous... being learned he would visit the gypsies and pagans(country dwellers) and basically pen their oral works into literature.

Many folk tales are twisted from their origins and retold... religion in lots of ways is no different as many were called mystery plays.

Shadow puppetry has a very neat tradition as well along the same manner as mystery plays, all of that used to be used as entertainment to tell tradition and how to live peacefully in society... well when so many collide in modern day it really becomes a difficult place to live when such is not taken as secular but twisted to force secular to that view... eh politics sorry everyone to taint the oasis by such a mention of that. But all of them were basically competition for each other and there was so much strife that eventually led to people demanding one and the ability to believe it or not so the chaos would cease to be an issue.

Here's an example of a mystery play puppet story and the next a little behind the scenes of such work:

The worlds culture is so beautiful and such a delight when no specific one is not taken as so serious or more important than any other.
edit on 15-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
The worlds culture is so beautiful and such a delight when no specific one is not taken as so serious or more important than any other.

Ain't that the truth? Besides, we have so much in common, that's what my painting is about, the differences are what we have learnt since we parted ways and are to be compared and contrasted for the benefit of further learning, not argued and fought over in a race for ideological supremecy and temporal dominions.

I'm going to have to watch those later, but will. I hope that you caught my edit above with my drawing, and if you're still interested, I will post the finished article as soon as I can.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Neat the form reminds me a bit of H.R. Geiger's work a bit in subject matter without the dark cryptic overtones that he said he was haunted by and that creating it is how he sort of performed an exorcism to purge it from his mind... it sort of struck a chord hearing him say that... as sometimes the energy of creativity can indeed seem like a purge of an urge to clear whatever out of ones faculties to be over and done with whatever is haunting ones consciousness trying to get out instead of remain in it.

Maybe thats why writing letters to people one cannot speak to for whatever reason has a resolving effect for whatever reason...

Thanks for the preview, the subject matter is both ethereal and enchanting thus far... and not at all what the previous textual description painted as my own mental imagery, I suppose that means a thousand words can be a million paintings.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
One last drive by post for the day...

The keys are safely locked inside the apartment. And that is where my wallet is too. Both safely sealed away from the evils of the world… and TEOT. Which made think of that song, “Better homes and safety sealed communities, did you remember to pay the utilities?” and it took a second, oh yeah, Green Day! Haven’t heard that one in a while. So on it goes. I found the below lines very apropos for the tensions over here in ‘Merica.

Caution Police Line you better not cross
Is it the cop or am I the one that’s
Really dangerous?
Sanitation, expiration… date, question everything
Or shut up and be a victim of authority

Green Day – Warning

Kind of coughed up in the events in France and Turkey here on ATS also been busy at werk. Got a bunch of wandering around here in a few minutes to get back into my place. Hope everybody else's day has gone better than mine!

Anaana, like the new work! Even if is just in charcoal (paint is sometimes over rated and there is that temptation to be "let's put all the colors on this!"). Sure it will be fine in the end.

[ETA: I do have to pay the utilities! Which I would have done over the phone but... no wallet!]
edit on 15-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: going for the irony butterfly in the sky

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sounds like you're having a lovely day!
Stay positive, you didn't forget your clothes. Ey you, great job!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Geiger's work is fascinating, and at the same time discomforting. I don't enjoy his art. I don't expect I am supposed to though.

It may not seem so, but symbolically it is really rather sexy, and somewhat violent. Castration is one of my central themes.

Thanks very much for taking the time to have a look and reply, much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Anaana, like the new work! Even if is just in charcoal (paint is sometimes over rated and there is that temptation to be "let's put all the colors on this!"). Sure it will be fine in the end.

You didn't have to resort to breaking and entering your own abode?

Thanks for the kind words. I have committed to colour...and it's okay...ish. I suspect it would have been better just inked in black and white, but in some places, like the orchids, I am pleased I did give the painting a go. The fig leaves I hate, and need to completely rework (eventually).

Still not finished...

...but I'm ready to put it to one side now and move onto the next one.

Hope you, your wallet and keys, were reunited on the inside.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

gives new meaning to biting that raw chicken shown in the video...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It think the dichotomy of his work was his ability to capture a feeling of serenity in an area or scenes where one would be in constant horror. Since he himself was terrified at seeing those images it's interesting that he is like the boy in Munch's Scream... yet when they exited they were translated as peaceful.

Not the sort of thing I surround myself with as that easily translates into mood and such would seem to be a constant brooding. When the whole world is a muse environment turns into a reflection of ones being or the difficulties they face due to circumstances that may or may not be under their control.

I made plans to be semi nomadic, bought a RV to transform into an artwork itself(still underway) as about everything is being custom an very thought out and planned, still stuck on if I should nix the loft bed for an entertainment/library and build a fold out or gypsy caravan the loft space and have the floor space as a multi purpose room.

I decided to live in it to acclimate so it wouldn't be a difficult transition, and then the DMV gave me the smack down of discrimination by having a federally illegal statute being able to profile anyone walking through the door for whatever reason and call it a medical issue. Yeah on sight alone... but hey it has allowed me to slow down in my art project, although it has hampered independently moving around to handle business having to borrow a vehicle to legally drive, really stupid and annoying since I have not only may RV but also a car, and 5 motorcycles... yet due to our cronies for monies in corrupt partnerships with insurance and medical centers people get this fine piece of legislation rammed deep.

But, other than that inconvenience the time to no rush the project has been nice, and I've ways of getting out of here once it's done legally without ever bending over to their catch-22 discrimination efforts.

You've really been trucking along in the colorization... makes all that prep of form worthwhile though doesn't it? I have been thinking about starting that way lately in the digital format I use, outline sketching frame it all in with shading and then colorize, I typically start with the basic form then complete all the way out from that point... of course with canvas etc that means keeping out of the way of the work to not smear or mess up stuff already completed, Joan Van Wick(sp?) I believe uses a stick in her palette hand as a bridge rest to minimize movement for fine work and to stay off of areas she's already painted. I use to watch her quite a bit on PBS giving instruction on painting.

It's interesting that you mention castration and the fellow is cutting a mushroom... has that nice South American feeling, the mushroom sacrament usually involved taking two, they don't look anything like the common magic mushrooms though, but the person took one of each for the female and male energy so they would be in a unison and guide them along so one energy wouldn't be out of balance and assault them with an unpleasant voyage. If that's something you were already aware of sorry for being redundant, perhaps it'll be a curiosity to someone else though.

Thanks for sharing the progress it's been nice watching your process unfold.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yep B&E is easy to do here! But got spares from Landlord and found my keys where I left them! All is fine just an hour out of my day that disn't need to happen. Kept me from drinking too much... so that is good.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
DP
edit on 17-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Geez TEOT! Way to double post! (what an eejit!)

Hey TEOT it is 71 degrees F at 9:30 in the AM there in AK, huh? Gonna be a d@mn hot one there today! One of the tourists said to me the other day, "Feels hotter than 75, more like 85 but without the humidity" (they were from NC). We will slowly eek up towards 77 tops. Time to go find a rooftop bar and throw back some hefeweizens!

Have one for me TEOT!

Love,

TEOT

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join