It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Nice image, thank you very much! I like blethering too sometimes, and sometimes you never know, you might just spark off an idea for someone so it can be time well spent.

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Like a leopard? More like whelk.

Thank you for the synopsis, that's much appreciated. Cats and music and computers, I get you. And threes! Well, it must be time for the Celts to make a reappearance then, they loved threes. Oh! And so here I am, on my 'threes' cue.

No, no, I reject the Mandela effect and all it's offshoots so it would be a cruel irony indeed if I fell victim to it. I've been very firmly in this realm, maybe too much so, which is probably why I wandered back to spend more time thinking about the Otherworld. That and I missed you all!
Congratulations on your raise, that's wonderful news. It's nice to get some recognition for your hard graft.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here is some general weirdness.

The last two days my computer slows down to a crawl. Now it is mostly only happening while typing (keyboarding). It is really bad here on ATS. The cursor stops blinking and I have to wait for it to start up again to resume typing. I have resorted to typing things up in word. I’ve had whole posts that never make it and after that happened three times to a response to Q12 I have a document up all the time. It has also been happening on my iPod! I press “pause” and it does not even register. I press replay and it goes to the next song before starting that one over.

Next one is just weird. I walked between office buildings as it was a nice morning. I make it back to the office and a gray rock (granite, I think), about knee high and maybe 1.5 times my arms in a circle can reach, starts to turn into a little rock man that starts to stand up and run away then it snaps back to a rock. This was right at the front door to the office.

This just happened 20 minutes ago. I stood up, walked down to the break room to get some ice water. While standing in front of the refrigerator filling my cup with ice the whole… world (I know that sounds strange) rotated from about 8 to a little past 9 as an analog clock face looks. I even got dizzy for half a second. It was not a blood pressure thing as I walked from one end of the building to the other. It stretched out past the walls in all directions and it was the feeling that was unsettling. It did not last long but I definitely felt it (whatever “it” was).

Blood sugar seems normal. Not sleepy. Not drunk (seeing a little rock man would have made me laugh and ask him if he wants a beer!). No bloody noses or eyes so I do not believe it was a hemorrhage or aneurism (aren’t those Nirvana songs? Hehehe)

Just strange. I just let it ride. Roll them bones, TEOT inscription from Chuck Palahniuk

[ETA: 3 accounts of strangeness. Just counted, cursor pauses for about 3 seconds!]

[ETA II: new thread - Cait sidhe and fairy portals. Was there an incursion into our world?]
edit on 7-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: strageness happens

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes shooting the breeze does sometimes become suggestions for doing something else... especially when the breeze is blowing nicely in all directions. In a house without any home that family becomes the most unlikely strangers in a season of the witch with all those grasping monkeys picking fruit wanting to wear the queens slippers thinking she's fallen and can't get up.

Streets of gold end at the bank of course... but the dirt path lets you know you've been working with true diligence... ah summer seistas in the shade... someone else's hands through the hair a better palm aid in smoothing things over, where the straw man cant argue, the lieing has no courage, and the tin man is always oiled up working his axe hand on an ever growing tree.

Calling Lawrence a Welk is just bidding adeu with those Bad Brains and their penchant for refusing to blow bubbles and encouraging others not too. Tsk tsk when one has become an adult child of personal responsibility for all of their own responsibility, and to that yet chosen?(fun adult) Bubbles are something of a delight and a relish like on so many hotdogs just a few days ago.

Aye carumba it's that roomba called a mower outside, not so bad when I'm so perched upon it then Ai it's the rumba... not squealing about any circluar jig in ignorance. The sugar plum fairies dancing in heads added to caffeine and coffee from a canteen, there is a thermos not made of carbonite to sip a pour on such nights like tonight. But ol hand solo doesn't wear a bolo just some bozo playing a caffiend clown blue tip or red tip? Honk honk I see those thones and raise them a chair... those mighty wise wouldn't try to sit on a 3 legged stool like a little drummer boy oh how do I strum through the rest of this post?

SIESTA!

Teasing as the heat of the day is ending which makes my coffee night beginning such as that not ending, time to put on some music, clean the fridge place some inside myself and scub the actual inside and out, unhinge yet another door and paint it. The glitter of stars will shine above at some point in the night sky nameless and blameless to gods unknown.

I could go on but the tin man may want to chop more than broccoli...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
“Hey! Peppy! Cut the pedal!” shouted out The Guitar Player.

So Peppy did as he was told and stepped on the Bob Bradshaw foot pedal switcher and took the Banshee Screamer TR-3A out of the effect pedal loop and like magic the 60-cycle hum went away.

Funny, these Bradshaw units are designed to have no ground loop issues between each pedal looped in. Peppy thought idly while awaiting his next marching order. Ah well, these aging rock stars and their 80’s tech will be upgraded someday. But hey, it is work and it pays the bills, Peppy told himself.

Life on the road was tough enough without prima donna jack@sses telling you to do your job while they can obviously see you doing your job. Like the cat sitting on your chest stealing your breath while you sleep, you want to be done and away with it, but the symbiotic relationship, like a ghost haunting, cannot be severed so easily. The puppet master pulls the string but the puppet pulls back and all the while the puppet master thinks he is control. What other invisible puppet masters…

“Hey Peppy! You done moving that pedal to another loop? Check the controller for that loop!” belted out The Guitar Player.

Peppy looked down to only then realize that the work was done. He had even relabeled the pedal board! When the h3ll did that happen?

“Got it shielded! It won’t interact with anything else!” shouted Peppy back.

“Bad dog! Bad dog!” said Whatsizname. Why the f# would you take your dog on the road? mused Peppy as he slipped off stage to grab a smoke (really just to unplug and get away from it all). He stepped out into the alley using the security guard’s chair to keep the door portal open. He walked into the white sun light and leaned his back against the wall. Suddenly, without warning, the entire world shifted from his seven o’clock to nearly 9 o’clock then slipped back to somewhere in between. He felt a bit dizzy without even having hit his ‘rette yet. Meanwhile the Berenstein Bears had made a special guest appearance to dance on stage then faded back to the fairy world guarded by those three black cats—the answer to Cerberus and the Greek conception of hell.

What just happened? Peppy asked the aethers. Noticing how bright everything now seemed he looked down the alley at the small urban park and saw a grey rock morph into what looked like a little man made of stone, that once noticed got startled, started to stand up and run away with his back to Peppy but then snapped back into just a rock. Did somebody dose me? wondered Peppy when he noticed a silvery, shimmering, craft travelling down the central boulevard towards the ocean—completely silent. He ran down the alley to the street and watched the triangle craft cruise out over the bay then kick into high gear and haul a$$ over the ocean. It looked like a flying Dorito™ over a major city.

(Continued…)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What the h3ll is going on!?!? Is this a computer simulation we live in? Am I having a stroke? Have I done too many illegal substances? Is God f# with me? How could that little rock man get up and run away on the wet lawn? but Peppy’s parietal lobe had turned the corner and was going to the 7-11 for the oh so enjoyable, at least to parietal lobes, slushy for a little brain freeze.

Peppy, unlit ‘rette still in hand, was startled back to the quantum of solace by a voice saying, “Now there is something you don’t see every day”. Peppy turned to see The Bass Player light his up while looking at the distant horizon.

Flustered, all Peppy could say was, “You… saw that… bad a$$ mutha…” trailing off because he could find no more words.

“Yup,” replied The Bass Player, “they have some kind of active camouflage that has a bent reflective index that makes them invisible. But somehow we saw something nobody else has. Remember that. Just let it ride man.”

The Bass Player then added after a pause, “Hey, I came out to find you because I just saw the dam#dest thing. These bears, dressed in some kind of Arab gowns, wearing sunglasses, just appeared on stage and they were dancing! With the lights out! Everybody was wondering what I was laughing at because they didn’t see anything. I knew if you were there you would have been rolling on the floor. But hey, that was way more better,” finished The Bass Player while pointing to the departed magic triangle.

Peppy, these thoughts turning circles in his head, feeling out of sorts from the strange atmosphere, could only answer, “Yeah. Guess my smoke brake is over. Let’s go make those donuts.”

They walked back up the alley and reached the exit door. Somebody had removed the chair and they were locked out. Peppy pounded on the door. A voice from within said, “Who is it?” So came the reply, “It’s me, Peppy. Let me in!” To which the inner voice replied, “Peppy’s not here! He went to the store or something.” A few minutes later The Drummer, laughing, swung open the portal through which the two stepped eyes wide open.

edit on 8-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: quantum jump back in a word... because I can!

edit on 8-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: schwa

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

...we're gone!

(A little Sheik Yerbouti music for those dancing bears!)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hey getting Keith Richards on drums and having Tim Burton on bass was pretty impressive... ending in a brawl was unexpected so I'll just flip the script and call it a cuddle puddle... whatever works for the individuals involved.

what? Who says plausible deniability is only for politicians? I'm kind enough to leave that door to swing either way by a persons choice. Now of course if an argument breaks out whether it was a brawl or cuddle? I hope someone brought enough galoshes or goulashes...

the song was about nausea... so there's the bow for the present.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It wasn't a brawl! It was a mosh pit! And I'm not denying that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Osh gosh oh my gosh put those forks on some taters I'm done dancing a jig playeless and relateless as the going rate is hand over fist or is that called nameste or aminesty who knows its internet international right? Can't break free so round up and down society in have and knots tie them in a bow and claim its not a present momentary lapse in sanity a vanity or mirror of miss a wish a foundation libation of cheers obligation with no forms or words just point at the sky and watch the dead birds fly ridden and on broken streets hoping a friendly neighbor isnt fredding the dreading and heading for a watch to a tower of unseemly power or flower of children well hello there pilgrim the reaper the pepper and all the salty tears a weaper except the jerker not the twerker cause that was over cooked and baked and broiled those still doing it are not culturally spoiled from a hipster with a wisher waxer want it do it sit down spin around and stew it and flew it right past and gee wally what a blast of hope on dope git a rope nope soap on the tongue makes it foamy and loamy when the face is down and one call to homie its a clown and a frown on the system and a vision of a future from a cell not a prison home made and home grown wouldnt like to be a pepper home wrecker in divide the legs for a conquoer lifes a blur yes mam no sir and into this blitz with a cat named fritz and wear those mitts like a robotic twit for and omni wanting to be swami for a dive in a river lake and porta potty a bidy of blue an ice of brown wiggle wiggle flush it down town its all coming round again and swim in the tuna the trout with a high and low roof shout dont pout of be blue as that hangs like day old glue that flew the coop with the pidgeon on a fool with a foot with a foot in its mouth as I bang on some strings to drown all this out a drum with a strum and a bass all over the place.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Sorry for the random mix above everyone... since there's an agreement across the board of needing more cow bell:

I'm rolling thunder on parries and plains
I'm comin' on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only veal but you're gonna die
I won't take no pastures, won't spare rib no lie
No cow’s putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to smell
I'm gonna get you, vishnu get you
cow's bells
Yeah, cow's bells
You got me ringing cow's bells
My temperature's high, cow's bells
I'll give you black angus up and down your grill
If you're into rare you're a friend of mine
See my white lightening splashing as I split the wood
Cause if good's on the left,
Then I'm stickin' through the night
I won't take no pensioners, won't spare no ribs
No cow's puttin' up a fight
I got my bull, I'm gonna take you to bell
I'm gonna get you, vishnu get you
cow's bells
Yeah, cow's bells
You got me ringing cow's bells
My temperature's high, cow's bells
Mooo
cow's bells, vishnu's comin' to you
cow's bells, he's ringing them now
cow's bells, the temperature's high
cow's bells, across the sky
cow's bells, they're takin' you down
cow's bells, they're draggin' you around
cow's bells, gonna split the night
cow's bells, there's no way to fight, yeah
moo, moo, moo, moo
cow's bells

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hey, the previous post had its own Nuyorican poetry thing going on. But I do like Cow's Bells!

Nothing really even close to general weird lately just more of the same ol' same ol'. Work, drink beer, dine out, hang with friends, watch some sports, play some banjo/guitar/bass then back to work. So I get a raise and have to do more work. Then run short on Tuesday so no more buyey beer until Friday. Hope I can make it! Three is all I have left. *shakes a little* Man, there should be a law that if your landlord does not cash your check then 3 days before pay day they can't charge you an over draft fee!

I get to do those things I have been ignoring. Like house chores. And reading out on the front lawn (usually have beer in hand, now it will be iced tea). Thank Santa for the Big Box Store and the large amount of food! I am not close to starving and if eating veggie red curry with fresh basil over rice is suffering then I guess I will suffer. And I am enjoying the summer so far... even our hot spell got some rain. It can't be hot all the time (*ducks*)!

edit on 12-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hey sounds like some kinda life going on... hopefully it makes you happy and feel fulfilled. Hey its food right? With 10 spices a rice cake can taste like heaven instead of a biodegradible drink coaster... of course with some milk and sugar they can be cereal like that big ass shredded wheat when crumbling it.

welfare the well when making doo after eating whatcha got... I grew up in upper middle class but daddys sinning ways took over a third of that from church taxes aside from that uncle Sam came to molest him for, talk about getting just deserts... well at least there was always some junk food thanks to my fat ass uneducated momma playing homemaker to us slave children.

Sigh im a fecking Cinderalla story... lol, and all I have to show for it is a pumpkin tattoo.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
dble post but not a double whopper.

edit on 13-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I wonder if it is a DP or a real ME? Or maybe a lack of dopamine I guess if there is an A or an I or an O or an N or maybe some A-proto IONS that would make proto dopamine. Chitosan, lysine, Sistine bah!

Wednesdays suck. No time to play and the day she rolls on. Late in my day and make the pay by pushing way through missed expectations. No jubilation for maybe the great Casey has struck out for the hills filled with gold. Those dreams on the hills fill the cracks in the wall with emotional caulk weighing us all down in the sitting room.

Seems I hurt somebody's feelings here at work. Jerk. Didn't do what he was told. I've got a soul why bring me down to your level fella? So had to tell his super and my super what was what and all that. My second act in my new title is to hurt a "snowflake" with a short (not terse) reply to a single question. It could have been shorter! Like two letters! Such is cubical hell. Watch as the snowflakes turn to ashes... and rain from the sky.

[ETA: Ah, we worked it out. He thought I was a jerk and he thought I thought he was dumb. I think we may be both kind of right!]

edit on 13-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Doogie Howser moment

edit on 13-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missing in da letter, man

edit on 13-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: mild dyslexia and myopia

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ey, if anyone sees a UFO fleet, send them my way. I ordered it a while ago and need them for my world domination plans.

Urch, wouldn't that be nice?
First I'd have a worldwide fest, everybody fills their belly, music, then I would force them to think! Uahahaha.

But nothing. Not even a tiny string of synchronicities.

Do you know big bang theory, the tv show? I could totally see myself living as pet with cat privileges in a advanced beings ship/house.

edit on 14-7-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Quite a sandwich you built there so maybe a pre-emptive post... well, heat has the nature of heat... one can try to add earth to it, all that does is spread out and retain such heat great for pizzas bad for ideological differences or the way we go about things that conflict with others way of going about things... could throw water on that sh-t but it just turns to steam and or cracks the stone.

I suppose thats why its said wind is change... but that takes time, we can change our intonation of that wind with speech and change can occur sooner yet change is a variable when oh so many have a different idea of happiness, so it's always a personal thing going on no matter what. So thankfully there is always a choice in each and every instance that arises in ones experience... when people take those away of course, it can seem like people are being cornered waiting for someone to yell check or check mate. I'd rather be the first piece off the table than hang around waiting on the inevitable battle that has no victor and in such a manner I can just go do something else than play that game.

My advice though is dont take peoples personal stuff personal unless you want to become intimate with them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Even in human form, I've been a pet and someone was sorta like a pet as in they went out with me to places and I did everything else.

It's not a stressful lifestyle unless unless someone wants to control or change who you are. But even out of the pet sort of thing people want to try to do that for some fantasy ideal youre likely not aware of... submission of course is choice to such things, and I dont suggest the pet role unless you have an "out" like some hidden bank account that you dont touch just incase someone tries to trap you in dependence and then gets abusive and tries to trap you with no place else to go as they typically try to isolate you from all friends and family as one of their first moves in the attempt to trap and control before the abuse sets in.

So just be wary and careful of what you ask to fly by... I said the same about stalkers once. What a self imposed jinx that was, it's like signing up for a course and not reading what it's even about... hmm all my perquisites are out of the way and of what do I want for an elective? ah yes, Animal human relations 406 sounds great... weeks later finding out it was to be a pet of some abusive A-hole you cant escape.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Peeple

Even in human form, I've been a pet and someone was sorta like a pet as in they went out with me to places and I did everything else.

It's not a stressful lifestyle unless someone wants to control or change who you are. But even out of the pet sort of thing people want to try to do that for some fantasy ideal youre likely not aware of... submission of course is choice to such things, and I dont suggest the pet role unless you have an "out" like some hidden bank account that you dont touch just incase someone tries to trap you in dependence and then gets abusive and tries to trap you with no place else to go as they typically try to isolate you from all friends and family as one of their first moves in the attempt to trap and control before the abuse sets in.

So just be wary and careful of what you ask to fly by... I said the same about stalkers once. What a self imposed jinx that was, it's like signing up for a course and not reading what it's even about... hmm all my perquisites are out of the way and of what do I want for an elective? ah yes, Animal human relations 406 sounds great... weeks later finding out it was to be a pet of some abusive A-hole you cant escape.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

No people love their pets, if they get abusive they mostly do it out of unawareness. Treating them like spoiled children. Or neglected in a cage.
If I dream I dream of perfect, wonderful things, never meant to be true. Why would I imagine my owner to be abusive? Unless I am in that kind of mood, than yes it's a period of life situation. But in a perfect world, I get entertained, have time for myself, can go outside, get adored, massages and healthy food.

Have a mice day.

new topics

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join