It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

BTW I'm aware of the fissin/fusion being both a bias that brings it all back around yet has never really left in observation... I'm simply a blind ass chopping salad with a very sharp knife made of salad hoping the edge dulls and no one loses a finger in the process.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Well, then there are sketching techniques. So basically youre using pressure to differentiate a hard final line and then changing the mind later.

Before there were sets of art pencils the technique of sketching was learning to vary that pressure where like writing there is a rough draft and then editing or erasing for a final draft... no real difference in art.

It's just the tools and technique and how we apply them... with a grouping or set of art pencils based on hardness... or grades of graphite the harder pencil makes a lighter line and the softer makes a darker one, so there's that. Theres also mechanical pencils that will snap if too much pressure is applied. I forced myself to set aside the pencil to a felt tipped pen so there wasnt the ability to erase making me more careful with what shape I was atempting, if it came out wonky then hey theres the genre of surrealism... and there are people out there that can appreciate the wonk and some that dont.

But I understand your frustraition and fear... I was groomed to be a writer, from very early on and well having an opportunity of a scolarship, I bailed in fear because I thought so many things without any wisdom or experience in it. This was sort of a failure to know theres not one type of doctor, lawyer, teacher, artist, writer etc. so wholly ignorant of thinking there was one sort of writer position, despite reading all sorts it never clicked at the time that theres all sorts of careers under those broad generalizations, and I self rationalized that ignorance by thinking all my writing was complete crap and thats all anyone would ever see not myself when reading it.

That lie I told myself was something I held onto for a very very long time and it started growing as a weed into all aspects of life until I started fencing myself in then said wait a minute I dont have to appreciate it to give it as a gift and whether anyone likes what I give is not my emotional responsibility. Of course with an ego that can turn into cognitive dissonace in hater gonna hate and then pie everyone in the face whether they want it or not... well in a secular society of ethics there's more acceptance the more we learn or grow and know theres more than one doctors, lawyers, writers, or artists than onself so trying to be a doctor to all others in an attempt to control by that egoist belief that our medicine is good for us its good for everyone in such a control that they are just too blind to see it... makes some interesting Doctors, Lawyers, Writers, and artists.

In that whole process of all these various mediums some work well for me and some do not and well thats sometimes personality or tradition, and the grace in which we carry it is the art we present to the world... and well rejection or acceptance when attempting to see the beauty and ugly as an attempt and could be either both is simply encouraging better of ourselves and others... with life eventually we run out of other peoples paper trying to make the world our own drawing, when weve had an inifite pad the entire time that arises moment to moment to moment so how we paint that image? It can be in narcisim or humility that just scribbles tears it off scribbles indiscrimantly or without bias as it all is an attempt at some form of art taking place... from some point of view, so what point of view makes all the difference in it being art or not.

Knowing youre coming from a place of fear is a very good fuel and also a very good hurdle... never mind the attempt because its always occuring and always arising just like breathing unless swimming under water... but without gills? We have to come up for air somtimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Criss-cross table moss x marks the spot shut the door behind you when exit brexit! Eww! EU. You. I. Nuclear fishing with nuclear arms the nuclear family MAD at each other each room divided into flats with their very own little welcome rugs hugs bed bugs slugs fugs it well we’ll w’ell worry about tomorrow next week hide and seek and destroy red ham with minnie pearl jam! Quantum of solstice for the rest of us the human project protect pro-jecture lecture perfecture objecture your honor your horror hell hounds on the more, I would like smore please please please me exsqueeze me I can’t here you I’ve got an ear infuction junction what’s your function? E=mc hammer time please don’t hurt the hammer alabammer bicoastal spammer Fender bender and kinda transgender remember? Little sign on the front that says Fender championship of the world rust in pieces Geez us LHC hubbard scrubbered in the cubboard lix lox the tollywox give the manna bone laughing and crying all the way home updown downtown in his good night irene call me a cab (You’re a cab!) Ur a peein onion funion paul bunyon and his big blue –ocks rocks the socks in a vanta black box recorder disorder but the medication ain’t working for certainty principal in the principles office chair cutting hir hair scare bear take a step outside your bedroom door FLOOR! Incoming! Flashbacks to the mall for discount shoes lose the eyelet violet a little of the ultraviolence dig droogs in the mood beeth oven gloven actually a mitten soft as a kitten heat up to 10 million degrees cheese us H isotopes elope moon crater slope change the channel not the ‘e’ for an ‘a’ because eye can’t stand it anymore the score referee-a-rendum with all abandon absolom absalami me mommy where’s that confounded bridge captain jerk on deck select the frequency Kenneth! Spacers set on stun hun knockwurst them dead kidding margot farmer, ted with the red shirt on first one beamed down to the planet janet dammit I’m just a doctor who? Coal man jenna on the saxamaphone! Giver a hand everyone!

edit on 24-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missed the way in

edit on 24-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: miss anthropy

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The flow when normally unaware... thanks for sharing the mind body disconnect or two worlds with an awareness in the 3rd.

Hard to see when one is attached to all 3 as one and no different than what is contunially arising and passing except in control or attempting to be.

Of course beyond all of that jazz the collective unconscious or void itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Sometimes you eat the word salad and sometimes the word salad eats you!

I like my salad riffed-ripped eaten with chopsticks! Fresh ground pepper, sir? Why yes! Tell me when. When do you get off work? Smile. Thank you; that's fine. Smile back.

Its the economy, stooped! But man, it is fun to stretch your creative legs every now and then. Thanks Peeple for the encouragement! That almost has a poetical lilt to it (or it did in my inner minds I while kon-con-KAHN!-structing it)

-TEOT

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I don't work from fear, which is not to say I am not scared, but what I meant about being fearful of unravelling, well that was more of a fear of the unknown, now that it is a known, having unravelled, it's more of an acceptance.

I am actually thinking it is not so much my pencilling as it is my choice of surface. The textured nature of the canvas board I have been using is resistent to rubbers...probably because it is not meant for pencilling...I was given the first board and liked it's portability...I am ignorant in so many ways...I think I should try next on something else...or perhaps a different medium. I was looking at the oil pastels in a shop, thought that might be fun to try. The next picture that I am thinking of is of the Pont du Gard, (that's my anchor), pastels could take it to a dreamy Monet-esque direction...not sure that is what I want to "say" though...it's all about the arches (fornix)...but I like the creaminess implied.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Kicking such dander like a dog is attempting to shorten the staffs tip and lengthen ones own... so, how did you like the salad? Mine was a bit wilty not too stemmy the sauce was ok not that abundant and I preffer sliced parm ceaser? Yes, I know her. Fleas or scabbies? Thanks for the pepper my tip? It also comes in a spray.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Very nice... I enjoy all mediums seen and most in use although the chalky sort literally feels like the sound on a blackboard with finger nails or dirt under the nails on just thought alone.

...the mind also wants to shake them out like flicking the feeling off but I do not just trim them instead being so aware of the sensation that exists in that area. Means a more precise sense of touch instead of ham handed... nurses with such are the worst geneocologists typically of the female sort too from what Ive heard simply out of aversion to it it seems. I prefer female doctors of all sorts typically for the same reason...

Perhaps ive just lacked tenderness for way too long that reflects out as my gentle nature. It was my same with my epiphany about encouragement never having much either but giving it away by the bucket load...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I like chalk on the pavement, though a piece of chalk stone is far more satisfying. I like the impermanence. And hop scotch.

Your interest and encouragement has worked wonders, and my painter's block lifted. Thank you. It's getting there again. I am particularly pleased with my orchid. It kinda rocks. Not photo realism or anything flash, just suitably resplendent. The thinking about the next one also makes me want to finish this one too. It's not just the morale boost that helps, creativity does need to be bounced around.

Hmm...not sure I have a preference for any gender of doctors, so long as they are suitably qualified. Gyny and mammarially, a woman makes things simpler.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Spray cheese! "Cheeze!" The photo taken my soul, my desire, my fire, no I wont say 'funeral pyre', c'mon baby light my sire!

Cry hammock and let loose the gods of yore!

The second... coming. Now? Brown cow licks pixie chicks: netflick room237 is what im gettin at...

The moon yet again...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The moon now has a chime of 333 seconds waiting for TEOT to bring his snowboard. Puffing a corn cob pipe pipping Buzzy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Is part deux on the way?

Just wandering....

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Those things are like ultra mega chicken in skin crawling... though hop scotch is cool throw the rock usually used to draw it on a square and I cant recall the rest something with the number... I jumped rope a lot double dutch was hard as crap because some people could do it super quick and well if the spinners dont get the rhythm or just dont like the length of your skipping game over... kick ball was fun just the sound of that ball made when kicking it was neat kinda a weird sproing but very trebley I said sprong because spring would be treble but different meaning... no other ball makes that sound either has to be one of those red ones listed as "general" play.

Yes thats the thing about like minded... so much inspiration vs. drainage of energy. When people tell me a "used to" with a slight glimmer I always ask what stopped it? When it's due to an EX I get sour face... like now I know why there are an EX but why not pick oneself back up after the boot the one that stopped it and the one that said hit the road that followed?

We tend to lose ourselves when not encouraged to grow and that is super lame... grow up has nothing to do with stopping things but everything thing to do with evolving things in integration of experience as it goes on.

So, I'm glad to inspire sometimes that new tool or medium does the trick... like re-arranging furniture or palette of life from time to time.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I once declared when I grew up all I was gonna eat was cheese and crackers... thats quite the stretch the more one grows although still good from time to time. I did have a go at two whole boxes of Boo Berry cereal as the only meals once... solid neon blue poop! it was awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You know I think I found a plausible ration for nearly all the threads similar at times that get really 'know' where... time killer; for various emotional reasons.

Just posting some controversy and chasing each others tales they tell themselves... to near infinitum since its just a circular argument that says basically; in leap frog: |yes| |no| |yes| |no| under different guises called various words to express no and yes in various creative ways until one is completely ok... I've fuelled my vehicle and have other stuff to do, see ya thanks for paying err I mean playing wink wink. Zooooooommmm and the others are going |beep| |beep| just trying to get some service to play along too.

edit on 25-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: Cause Shin Chan makes everything better...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

We all have a "Boo-berry" past! I am on some cheese quest with cheddar-garlic as my new victim.

Oh, and oatmeal (for some dumb reason).

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

When I was a kid, we used to put a tennis ball in a knee sock and play a game that involved hitting the wall between your own limbs, and around yourself, rapidly. Not sure it ever had a name. The ball thwong-d.

I think people make all sorts of excuses, to themselves or others, about why they do or don't do things, and it is easy to blame others and circumstances. We all have to live with the choices that we make. We all get knocked down and are forced to get up again, or give up. I don't think the human condition is an enviable position, in the scheme of things, but it's what we've got...and it is still an amazing and wonderful thing to be, even if we are yet to achieve our potential.

Don't get me started with furniture moving. I have to resist. I find it helps me to organise my bigger thoughts...the over arching narratives. Taking up painting was, in part, an antedote to this, and to some extent it has been working but I still get the itch.

All the best.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sounds like youve a choice between breakfast and lunch... I say go with the craving still cant decide a belly ache might not happen with both... although a slice of cheese in some oatmeal is pretty f-ing good when melted in.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think that's; too wan foo thanks for everything...

It is the journey, as A and B are just points to get over and find oneself either still standing or crawling pooping at both beginning or end... with a whole lot of vernacular homocide in the middle that is aimed at others and then at oneself before we finally grow up if that ever is even a thing. Seems eternity in the within and the without, what we are missing is always right there and dealing with that right there is best without past baggage unless one is booking a trip into the future... wont go very far dragging mental baggage and physical baggage occurs over a lifetime, sometimes in visible scars, tattoos, or disposition reflecting both.

I'm a cat that cant seem to stop purring at how great life is and hissing at those doing all the barking disturbing those sweet cat naps.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TatTvamAsi

That's a fascinating account of a surreal but intriguing experience! I will be looking in more depth at some of the ideas you described. I can see the logic in the supernatural 'gateway' being unlocked by communing with nature - makes perfect sense in my mind. Brought back memories of the amazing properties of water, the power of thought affecting plants in a laboratory, etc. Would be very interested to hear more of your experiences if you're willing to share more.

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join