It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Look how serious we are now! "Quantum simulated chicken-flavored urine"!

Makes my entangled bits all jigglely with laughter!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, from all reports, my urine tastes like sweet nectar .. .

tho the poop is more chicken-y, according to even shakier anecdotal reports.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Better neutered than castrated...

But ouch what strange speak... I'd not guessed yourself to be someone hurting animals even if just metaphorical.

Did I cough up a furball in your shoes good sir?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Kachina peoples... I have a Sun Kachina patch on my winter coat. It's not cool to disiminate information about them though nation wise as an honor to them so. Thats the last I'll speak on the subject.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I thought it was common knowledge. Seen it on Ancient Aliens... hence the post.

No disrespect. Truly sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Eh capitalism has raped on enough cultures to profit and marginalize, and traditional indegenious have had it the worst in forced assimilations, slavery and genocides to those refusing such. I tend to leave light out of certain shadows that doesnt belong there.

Thanks for respecting such as hertiage.

You didnt step on any toes, thanks for being conciderate.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
&

Kachina people!? Never heard of them before, pretty cool.
"spirits of deities, natural elements or animals, or deceased ancestors"
Messengers. Very interesting!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yup. That is what WE call them! So not sure why I can't say anything about them because there is no thing to "hide"

As said, thought it was common knowledge.

And no disrespect to any to all.

Love,

-TEOT
edit on 23-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Really? The love kind of gave it away...

Soooo maybe if I tickle you, you barf word salad on us?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

What is a little barf "world salad" between friends?

AVUVS0Đ7Đ1Q2DŞVÇVNO0G?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Are you on a laptop or something with auto typing?
You could let it write for you.

Couldn't have said it was an explosion of the fittest.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The Ant myth is not a myth? I've never heard of it before. Was going to ask for more info on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Anaana

Sounds an interesting menagery... do you see such visually, then develop it over time methodically using various sources to invoke the tone or mood visualised? Or is it compiled from abstract sources, then various themes chosen to fit? Or some other process... if you dont want to share your process I understand, and hope you share the finished piece with us.

I can't visualise, I totally lack the capacity. Since I cannot picture a scene or subject in my head, it is about translating what I feel, or know, into something communicable and ultimately interactive. I am learning to do that, and it is not particularly easy, I'm on a sharp learning curve and I get over ambitious. The drawing process I find easier than the painting (or colouring in), but I am heavy handed in both. To be where I am, trying to express, is the culmination of eight years of research represented by ten lever arch files jam-packed with carefully ordered notes. The first painting, with the orange crabs, (it's actually the second, the first is the overall "key" but very basic and belongs only to the whole), is the Meta Narrative. The One Eyed Woman relates to Northern portion. The Man clothed in the Moon, to the Eastern portion. After a few doodles, I just go at the blank canvas board. I may start off with ideas, generally one fixed element will stay the same, that's my anchor, but the rest is likely to change, and my stockpile of variously shaped erasers to manage all the rubbings out attests to my heavy-handedness with the pencil.

With this one, learning from Brotherman again, I have taken photos at various stages so that I can see just how much I do change things as I go along, and hopefully, in that way, learn not to waste quite so much energy, graphite and rubber. BUT, that is almost part of the pleasure, I literally have no idea what it is going to look like, and keep surprising myself on how much I learn.

I need to convert the images to a web friendly format, but if you're interested, I am happy to show how the picture built up, but later, when I have more time. The painting, as it is now, is on the back burner while I think about where I am going wrong with the painting side of things and how to rectify it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Kachina peoples... I have a Sun Kachina patch on my winter coat. It's not cool to disiminate information about them though nation wise as an honor to them so. Thats the last I'll speak on the subject.

I don't intend for you to break your pronounced intention of silence on the subject, but Aholi, and obviously Eototo, are encompassed in my thinking and in what I am doing...hopefully, at least I'd like to think so, in a way that would honour them.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Interesting process sounds a bit complicated, I the mood arises and I have at it... the subject matter starts out as a few lines and then sort of develops out of those shapes. But when I've done work for others... I always ask them what subject matter. A bit over a year ago I asked openly if any friends had any open art requests because I was flooded with mood and after several... but it ended on an unfinished project a friends wife had drawn up... so I made him a business logo in a few forms instead and said hey your wife is a good artist you should rally behind her as a partner to your work instead of just homemaker... it basically dawned on me going from her line drawing as I was producing realism... that she drew it from a photoghraph and with great talent... which was already realism in photo form so what was the point struck me; and the wind said whooooosh... right out of the sails for the art mood streak.

I suggest becoming very proficent with chop sticks if you want to lighten your brush hand... we have the muscle memory of a firm stabbing motion built in from our utensils so going to chop sticks requires delicacy and precision in motion and pressure... it will help balance out the smooth mucsle memory to make pressure very variable.

I know it's a bit Mr. Myagi paint the fence but hey you have to eat and it works... so brush training and meal accomplished in one task, efficient use of time as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
On being a Fusion Fanboy

So I was lurking here at ATS when the Lockheed announcement was made (October 14, 2014). I had an excitement that had been missing for a while. I went down to the local tavern after work and had a couple beers. I did not see anybody I could talk to so I was alone with my thoughts. My thoughts started to create a manic enthusiasm as I started thinking what does it mean, this fusion thing?

The end of gas and the internal combustion engine.

The means of going out into the Pacific and cleaning up the plastic heap of trash island.

A few of these, well, they will have to be paid for, but then what? If you own one outright then what… If everybody is being taxed to get electricity and they pay it off… wait! Money becomes meaningless! Your energy usage will become like a mortality rate and paid over your lifetime.

Food production prices drop. Our world will have to fundamentally change! It will be like Star Trek. It will become the haves and the have nots for a while but then we will have to realize that as a species we have to include everybody.

Space flight… plop a reactor in an enclosed space you have too much energy! Even if you are doing the “thrusters from behind” pushing you could not use up all that electricity.

Everything is going to be running on electricity! Cooking, robots, computers, cars, mag-lev trains, your devices will be continuously charged via wireless… and if we ever figure out “anti-gravity”
(like I said earlier, it is a gravity shield, and seems like somebody has already figured it out because of those triangles) then we are off to the stars for real.

(continued…)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I sat there gob-smacked. The first waitress that I even casually knew walks by and asks, “What is happening?” I said, “The future has started today” and I hugged her! Spontaneously I said, “I love you” without any irony or sexuality involved and hugged her again. The bartender comes out and she says, “What’s going on?” Another hug and another “I love you” and the statement about the future. I explained to them, and others that started to gather, “Our future is going to be OK. Lockheed says they can make a fusion reactor—which means they probably already have one—today. It may be a bumpy road for a couple years but I just wanted to say ‘I love you all’ because the future started today”

I heard somebody say, “I want what he’s on!” but I let it slide. From that moment on nothing has really bothered me. Yeah, I have got feelings and stupid mass violence does get to me but not for long.

Then sitting here writing things for this thread the feeling came over me and well… you all seen the results! It sounds all compressed like a fun, 3-day party, weekend but it has taken a couple years. I have the feeling it will be OK.

(end transmission)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The odd thing is fusion as a concept comes in many forms or concepts... if anyone remembers that Star Trek redish cloud of sparkly hate monster or ball of energy, it was a fusion of hate itself bound together via that similar affinity.

The odd thing is that many religions have come to an ego or separation of fission and opposite celebrating the I am or ego what I am and theres no changing that in a cognitive disonnace of attackment to a self that wishes to separate instead of combine in fusion of non bias... or non resistance based on an idea of self determination even though everything is connected or co-dependent in a functioning system or it is what it is until an ego of separation slices it or splits the particle mass or conglomerate in fission in a chain reaction of separation and divide instead of one into fusion...

The irony is that one or an entire group believes that in such separation a permanent unity is possible in such an idea of egoist power of divide hoping to convert or eat other energies in fostering that separtion by instilling bias for fission instead of fusion.

Like what doesnt make things better or into the future but the creative process that fuses all past knowledge to join and appreciate than divide to satisfy ones desire to separate in non acceptance or affinity for all energy and matter itself. In such a fission process it is like the sun that just consumes leaving a seed or a tear in the very fabric of space and time itself as a black hole, instead of all matter fusing together to form the beauty of simply what is in the entire cosmos as these vortices of negative space attempt to absorb and feed off of that creative fusion itself that already takes place.

In such cycles in humanity... it makes life a form of slavery and what appears to be a battle of good and evil between the divide and conquer to the fuse and create... if one makes such energies into personifications then the devil and god reveal themselves... one propagates in the creation of potiential and one dissolves that creative conglomeration thats naturally formed due to that splitting or bias.

The odd thing is both are a source of power, but one is positive create space and one is negative space like a vortex to grind that creative process up... sort of like garbage disposal in a sink... but the life force of creative energy fusing matter is not garbage.

Im such a huge fan of framework without leaving things attached that get us lost in a subject or being subjects or slaves to it sort of like a tractor beam to that need to feed instead of produce using that frame work to well build things off of it and appreciate all the work such has taken to occur... even the negative or destructive one offers growth like tearing off a new sheet of paper to then form something else like a paper airplane or paper mache etc. etc. with all of this stuff in a positive recycle instead of consume and pollute using that divide and break natural cycles of nature and being to do it...

Of course energy in some relative balance is going to be disturbed when it encounters such a black hole wanting to consume... yet thats not the end of a black hole cycle when one understand beyond all that attachment and suffering of the division one is still no different and still harnesses that creative potiential... so the very creators that continue to innovate and create in fusion for fuel instead of destroy to consume for some sort of fuel... having an affinity for everything the destruction part loops in the chain and the creative part in fusion recombines... being reincarnation... or a recombination of that creative force itself and the attachment to such is either pulled apart and recombined as there was so much destructive affinity inverse to that creative energy that puts the pieces all back together in relatively the same form yet a bit more evolved from that process in evolution towards creative progression of fusion instead of regression into that destructive or devolving.

The desire of course is power, on both ends yet inverse to each other or opposite in function.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

This is something I am experimenting in. Never had much joy with art at school, went in another direction, got tied up in all sorts of knots and became fearful of unravelling. The past eight years, the ten lever arches, is the unravelling of that wicked mess. I am not looking to be a professional, or commercial artist. I am way, way too slow for that. I am just trying to illustrate a voyage of discovery. I think. I joke that I am aiming for the Noble Peace Prize. I'm only half joking. The places that that voyage has taken me, within and without, has made for a far reaching and complex journey, which I am only still disembarking upon. I have, in short, the most grand delusions. Painting brings me back down to Earth and frees up space in my head. Gives me a way of saying things I don't yet know how to say.

I use chop sticks to control my hair, and that is about as far as my experience with those goes...you make a fair point, about training the muscle memory. Not sure that applies to my issue with the pencil, but for my brushstrokes, that might definately help. I shall endeavour to give it a go. Pencilling, I think it is more about eye to hand, or brain to hand, I want to see it with depth and I get quite intense about that with little awareness. I may be should've done a black ink and infill with this one. I went with too much detail when it wasn't really needed because the lack of light obscures most of it. I think it is more of a lesson learnt in getting too caught up in the details.

I'd really like to see some of your work, if you care to share?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hey speech programs are pretty cool, although some speak from the programming and not the experience that is either ever growing or not... yet it is always growing despite one pruning shears called bias on others trees of learning or at least attempting too ignoring their own over growth and under brush thinking it's perfectly maintained by something called control or hey some external force does that pruning or trimming... indeed it does but thats called karma, and so its cutting on others in a personal bias.

As pointed out that trimming can make for an interesting and varied salad TEOTWAWKIAIFF has pointed out can be accepted or sent back but in karma someone has to pay for it either way... and the lettuce strikes back.

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join