It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Didn't they prove this already by determining properties of subatomic interactions we changed by the observing of them?

Not that the link isn't cool as all giddy-up.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

What I liked about it was, as I read it, it works without a conscience observer. Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Man you gave me a heart attack, I re-read it to be sure..

According to Tiller, human intention is able to create this coupled state.

He extrapolated that human interaction can also achieve the coupled state. Or flat out proved it, or the math proves it pending further studies. It's different but similar to us observing. That's where my brain went with it anyways.

IIRC this is also similar but different than the remote prayer studies, or the principle of Reiki and therapeutic touch. All
affect the physical world. In my limited understanding of course!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Similar but different
That totally depends on how you approach the conscience. Are we it, or are we just a vessel for it?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

More Laughing...

"We are earth stars with jailbreak in our hearts"

I'm going with blazing wads of timeless energy contained as Christopher Walken put it, something like walking puddles of water in monkey suits. Otherwise known as souls in rent-a wreck avis vehicles.

Run it hard! off road this sucker!
Do everything once, twice if you liked it!
We're not getting the deposit back anyways and no one gets outta here alive.

"because nice matters"

Pretty much sums it up.
(lopsided grin)

that sounded better in my head, also do no harm.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Omg! Guys, try this it's hilarious!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Humans are weird critters.

It would seem that our whole purpose in existing is to "be played" as you say.

And we have gotten so used to this, that we now instinctively "play each other"
too.

Now it's hard to tell who played who first. The line is nearly gone.

Kev

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

In any formulation of quantum theory, "consciousness" is never required to "make a choice".
Anything which disturbs the delicate quantum state will do..measurement.. entropy from
the environment --- anything. (the quantum state decoheres).

Now there have been quantum eraser experiments and such, where it seems to indicate
that it's "information" (even future choices made by machines) which is the key.

I myself don't get involved with these sort of discussions much.. as we are missing a big
piece of the puzzle, so the tendency is the use "quantum mysticism" as a tool for
confirmation bias to justify almost anything.

But it's very interesting alright.

Kev

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Humans are weird critters.

It would seem that our whole purpose in existing is to "be played" as you say.

And we have gotten so used to this, that we now instinctively "play each other"
too.

Now it's hard to tell who played who first. The line is nearly gone.

Kev

That sounds pretty pessimistic, altho in a simple context everything to a degree is eat or be eaten.
I don't agree things are all use or be used, but things do devolve if left untended.

Somewhere in the mix is room for mutual cooperation.
However limited by circumstances.

It's more like a back and forth, two steps forward, one back as a process. As initially unrealistic as this may sound it's remembering things are a give and take for us as well as "things" that have fixated on us as humans. I don't go all in depth into the whole cosmic lessons etc, but as we put up well deserved boundaries for what we will accept, or continue to deal with this give and take is achieved as "those things" learn as well.

Kind of an unintentional give and take.

This reads as philosophical but I see it as more immediate and interpersonal.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I agree that humans are in a mutual symbiotic relationship with "the other".

But we are the very junior partners in this.

So many arrogant humans think that they can boss around "sentience" --- but it doesn't work that way.

Anyone (period) who tries that, gets played.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

well that is a big loaded statement, well you have a point about playing with it, but there are other ways...

it all depends about how you view and experience the universe and reality or whole Samsara.
also how we explain what is waking and dreaming state and what it means to be,
what is different what is the same with discrimination and realizations.

You have your view and you seem very confident and that is great and it shows your experiences.
but for a lot of people there are other views and i am sure you at least have good insight about what i am talking about and it is also super fine if you disagree.

just like to play a bit "devil's advocate" sometimes, to present a bit different perspective for others. Because some different perspectives may be a bit more delightful.
hah.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So... are we junior partners or superior in some way? Or both at once?

Information wise, we are most definitely inferior, at least in general, to some humans as well as the supposed "others."

The epiphany is so close I can almost taste it...

edit on 6/2/2016 by Baddogma because: many changed to some...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Both.

Apparently we are almost "gods" as one of the relatively rare sentient biologicals, from which energy cryptid evolved.

(thus we can pull rank to some degree If you know how).

But our symbiotic buddies out evolved us 1000 fold in the same period of time. We are toddlers in comparison.

And a few other biologicals evolved advanced energy cryptid maybe 8 billion years ago.

So you think "realization" is close for you?

What are your thoughts?
edit on 2-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Everyone finds meaning in their own way.

But it does not imply that ANY of us are "right".

Kev

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

hmm...point taken.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I was being (mostly) facetious about the epiphany... however, there is another, seeming periodic "confluence" of data happening, atm, but my (ever shrinking) practical side tells me it's simply more "same poop, different day."

I do think that we're more on the "right track" in general, and on this site, then we've been in a while, as far as my holistic meta data processor between my ears tells me.

And I must admit, the very rare, few, "legit" "alternate memories" people are admitting to is more interesting than I once thought.. . more in my private life than on the web, but frankly, formulating any conclusions is just as elusive as ever.

"Novelty" in my circle does seem to be increasing, though.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Those alternate memories are just 1 of 2 things:

1) Memory issues. Human memories are wretched. This is scientific fact.

2) Co-incarnation in the eternal now. People may be tapping into the memories of other versions of themselves lives and confuse themselves with those memories.

There is no such thing as "shifting" as all possible "slots" are in use.

Kev

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm with you as to "shifting" but the alt memories are "real" and now that the conversations are started, folks are "losing it."

Most ALL are, indeed, our own confabulations as we retell ourselves memory as a life long game of telephone, but the couple "real" ones point to something very odd occurring and the "other versions" makes sense in the multiverse sense...

my question is why are we remembering these others? I'm fairly certain it has been going on for a loooong time, and just now gaining attention due to the net, but it IS decidedly novel to our current paradigms!

But I'll take "version blur" over godlike reality effer most any day!

Whew.. .glad reality isn't 'unzipping' ...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Another connection to "beyond physical" is I watched the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture which is about machine intelligence and merging of Veger with the human to gain access to that which it does not know. Which is what the predictive programming thread seems to be experiencing!

Our brains are wonderful. They will take any signal and try to make sense of it. I think it was Nat Geo (or PBS?) had a "The Brain" type show on. They just stuck some electrodes into a volunteer's skull (nerve deaf since early childhood) and watched in amazement that the brain decoded the signal to sound! That is how cool The Captain of spaceship Peeple (or baddogma, KPB, TEOT, every member on ATS, the homeless, et. al. of humanity) is. We have barely scratched the surface (IMHO) of what we can do with an unenhanced, non-electronic assisted, brain that if the trans-humanist ("trans", lmao!) get their way we truly will open a Pandora's Box of sorts.

That article is a different way to see things. And you can get great movie dialog out of it! Like, "Deltrons! To the neutron flux defense gates, immediately! This is not a drill! Deltrons! To the neutron flux defense gates, immediately! This is not a drill!" (take that predictive programming texts! Put that in your memory pipe and smoke it!)

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join