It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

There are three types of threads on ATS that drive me crazy (in order)

1) Ultra-right-wing insane ramblings about Ultra-left-wing blah* blah* destroying America.
2) Break Away Civilization
3) "Dimensional Shifting".

I posted for years now, about why 2) above is logically inconsistent (and harmful) and I'm not going
to post any more on THAT topic.

On 3) above, I had a friend who was semi-normal when I met him, but by the time he had gone down the dimensional-shifting rabbit hole enough, he was proclaiming to be a combination being of the 4 arch-angels, Buddha and Jesus, AND a large-breasted female alien with blond hair and blue eyes who also had magical powers.

So "dimensional shifting" really makes my eyes roll, nearly out of their sockets.

But I can understand why someone might think something like that---- I mean there certainly seems to be some sort of perceptual basis for some. But physically shifting.. well I get off the Merry-go-round at that point.

I am however annoyed by "Dilemna".

Kev

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yeah, dilemNa... why would so many English sticklers go all "mental" over that if nothing was up? Perhaps a neurological hiccup common to many in a certain haplogroup? Dunno.

Most ALL the others stuff comes down to poor memory/and or folks just giving something a cursory glance... but this whole discussion really, really enables one to realize how tenuous each of our tethers to a common reality really are.

I find it fascinating how one's brain will slowly question itself and settle into the "new" "reality."

The scary thing is that such "mind-copulating" tech has been seriously researched and if dream visualization tech is being played with in the white world, gosh knows how re-writable we are in the black, astr0 being legit or not.

And again, perhaps it ties into the arguments about why some tech really shouldn't be "disclosed" ... it really could shatter folks and make them even more suspicious of big govt and black tech.. .with good reason, I guess.

Extrapolating on some tech progression truly leads one to some nightmare scenarios.

But so far, the main plot is as weird and consistent as ever... so far.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah, dilemNa... why would so many English sticklers go all "mental" over that if nothing was up? Perhaps a neurological hiccup common to many in a certain haplogroup? Dunno.

Show them how 'colour' is really spelled and watch them stagger backwards, aghast.

... but this whole discussion really, really enables one to realize how tenuous each of our tethers to a common reality really are. I find it fascinating how one's brain will slowly question itself and settle into the "new" "reality."

That, right there, is the spooky bit. We have to, and have had to, be versatile and flexible in order to survive. We are social animals and need to belong to groups in order to survive. So I can see why we do this, but nevertheless it makes us pretty vulnerable.
If we can doubt our reality, and we do, then how can we hope to explore the unreality that is the Otherworld?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes... one of the big realizations for most folks investigating all this "strange" is just how relativistic reality IS, how little humans actually perceive, and how easy it is to fool our senses and minds... way, WAAAAY too easy, imho.

Heh, again, if there is a speck of truth to that whole "mankind was created" line of thought, then I would suggest we had a fail-safe mental "control" mechanism written into our dna.. .like the "lysine contingency" is Jurassic Park, heh.

But that it was a product of our dependence on our social constructs makes (more) sense, too... but I still suspect some invisible puppet masters somewhere, or many... or perhaps just a happy (for some) coincidence.

And dagnabbit... dilemNa is not a UK-US variation like colour, heh... we of the DilemNaverse shall have our proper spelling again. I need a t-shirt saying "DilemNa dilemma."

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Mr Bear was making T shirts a good few pages back, he might make you one if you promise to post pictures of you wearing it. Even better, convince others to wear one too and reclaim your (alleged) word.

Heh, again, if there is a speck of truth to that whole "mankind was created" line of thought, then I would suggest we had a fail-safe mental "control" mechanism written into our dna.. .like the "lysine contingency" is Jurassic Park, heh.

Well, arguably we evolved that control mechanism without a creator, in order to survive. Consensus is pretty crucial for group sustainability. I can't accept that there was an intelligent creator, because of teeth. Teeth would suggest the creator wasn't very intelligent at all, in fact it was an idiot. An intelligent creator would not have given us teeth if it cared about us at all.

There was an advert on TV a while ago, I'm trying to find it for you, where it showed a guy in the pub. Loads of stuff was happening all around him but on first watch you could notice maybe three or four things incongruous things. When you watched it again there were maybe 20 or so bizarre things happening but because they didn't fit with the main story, we filtered them out and paid no attention. I'll try to find it because it shows quite well how little reality we actually perceive.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes, regarding teeth .. .and poop and spines! I subscribe to the council of drunk scientists fiddling with the semi bipedal apes a few hundred millennia ago before getting into their spaceship and crashing into the planet that is now the asteroid belt, myself... oh, and right before that accident, they shot off a few nukes at Mars.. .can't forget that.

But yeah, either that or the blind council of chance made us poor humanzeez.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Oh and Kev, did your friend leave any dimensional notes on how I, too, may be a composite "4 arch-angels, Buddha and Jesus, AND a large-breasted female alien with blond hair and blue eyes who also had magical powers?"

So far, I'm only one Seraphim, one obtuse angle, Zoroaster and a flat chested Valkyrie named "Lisa" who can do two card tricks and I'm hoping to improve my lot.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He kept "shifting" to find his "ultimate form" (according to him).

Do like your humor.

😈

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Anaana

I love, love, love the second one - look at how they stare out of the paper. That is excellent! And if the first one isn't some sort of TEOT-transdimensional-mind read, I don't know what is.

Thanks, very much. I do appreciate the encouragement, I'm an old dog trying to remember old tricks as well as learn new ones, so I take all I can get, to be honest.

Not finished, but as finished as it is going to be for the time being. I am under no illusions as to my ability, BUT chuffed to bits over all so I am not going to point out how awful it is in places...though the flash on my camera destroys any notion of shading I should point out. The learning process, both in execution and exposition, is really powerful for me, I find out stuff that I had no idea I knew, as well as it opening up new avenues of exploration that I was previously unable to "see".

It's no Goya, but I'm as happy as I'll ever be with it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Funny, but there were times when more than one kind of homo inhabited the planet. So I'm afraid it was chance and survival of the fittest.
But Baalbek still bothers me. And a few other things.
I watched loads of documentaries lately and one of them was the KGB finding a not human mummy in egypt. So I'd guess maybe and if then was there a homo "nerdinensis" smarter, but less violent, once also home to earth, travelling around and seeding culture everywhere they went. I suspect Noah was one of them.
But extraterrestrial is just so very unlikely.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hi everyone,haven't been on this thread for a while because i didn't have anything much to say,i read some of it every few days though.Glad to see it's still rolling along.Hope y'all have a goodly weekend

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Agreed that et is unlikely to have visited with what we think we know about distance and speed.. .but remember, that we're here at all is pretty darned unlikely, yet here we be (though some would argue even that and have a decent case) and teleportation is an oft experienced "thing."

In the immense vastness of space-time, that some beings grew into a warping singularity and merged into the fabric of this reality or beyond isn't impossible... like Kev's imps; in fact, one could argue it's likelihood via maths... though why they'd give a fig about humans is a very good question...

maybe we are in a historical/ancestor sim and the "off" part of our existence that's confronted when using heavy psychedelics is that we sense our 'unreality' or 'half-life.' Truly "living in the past." Oh well, if true, half life is better than no life (well, in most cases, anyway)!

Really, one of the things that certain chemical compounds taught me, or something I could bring back here, anyway, is that this reality we inhabit is far more plastic, larger and just MORE than the average apeman posits... and I had this repeated sense that there was a more "real" vibrantly alive state of being elsewhere.

I guess what I'm saying, or NOT saying is: don't discount any possibilities... almost especially the seeming impossible.

One aspect of the Trickster is it tends to slap anyone who's settled on any one answer to the big Q's.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Baddogma because: their to there and another perdiod

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Howdy Rax... we're in a chatty mode atm, so don't worry about lacking profound insight... I don't!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Do like your humor.

Humor?? What gave you the idea I was kidding?

Which will likely be my response in another couple years after squishing my way through more rabbit warrens... and on some days I'd trade my humor for a better recall/education ... but then I suspect humor better serves humans in our present position.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I haven't settled on anything. But there are a few things more likely than others. And at this point, jumping dimensions, as far out as it seems, feels more likely than travelling billions of light years in our beloved home dimension, with all the physical laws it demands to be respected.
Wtf do I know?
You know what abductions and grey aliens remind me of? Birth and foetuses.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I like your point about jumping dimensions!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I haven't settled on anything. But there are a few things more likely than others. And at this point, jumping dimensions, as far out as it seems, feels more likely than travelling billions of light years in our beloved home dimension, with all the physical laws it demands to be respected.
Wtf do I know?
You know what abductions and grey aliens remind me of? Birth and foetuses.

The fact that "UFOs" so often appear like the childish/damaged/evil parts of our own imaginations should be all the evidence anyone needs that these effects are tied to us, and not to nuts and bolts craft from the stars.. it's really beyond obvious.

Now if there were just a couple models of UFOs and they acted rationally.. then it might really be nuts and bolts craft from the stars with aliens on-board.

But what's happening on Earth comes in millions of different forms, colors, sizes.. which have no engines or life-support (from the reports of people who have gone inside apparently)..

and the behavior can NOT be described in any manner which makes sense.. and it's so beyond bizarre that we can't even use the "alien mind / advanced mind explanation".

The same wishful thinking that so badly wants aliens and UFOs to be visiting here, is likely the major force responsible for creating the phenomena.

Kev

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The UFO's I have seen here over the ocean have blown my mind, three craft no sound took off so fast I could not believe it. Then reappeared in a different location. My neighbor all saw this event. I told a friend of mine and he told me I was seeing things. Lol

Nice post KellyPrettyBear

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

In general: yes.
But there's more to it than just and only wishful thinking. A little bit. Or that's just me in denial, because I don't want it to be all in my messed up little head.
Where do you stand on exorcism?
Oh and on a fun side note, toxoplasma gondii made it into the news here in Germany. 50% have brain bugs and apparently it's now getting researched (finally).

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Of course there is more to "IT".

I mean our fantasies are being tapped to help enable real world (whatever that means) physical (whatever that means) effects.

I'm far from certain about all the boundaries between us (whatever that means) and "IT".

But it's not all must delusion..unless you also count matter and energy as delusion as well.

Exorcism? I've done a number...mostly years ago. Its usually Christians who become possessed as they believe in Demons. But true "possessions" are very rare in my experience.

toxoplasma gondii ? One of my favorite topics. I've written a number of posts about how humans seem to have a "spiritual version" of it (metaphor).

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join