It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That is why a day like today in old Anchortown is such relief! We are having our first real warm day of the year. The trees are blooming, mountains look inviting, and everything is so... alive? It is all I can do not to walk away from my job and just "be" in the outdoors!

And most probably think 70 degrees is chilly!
Most Alaskans complain when it is above 85! To each our own. But collectively together!

Keep it really, real, from a quantum trickster perspective! I know I am trying my best, hehe.

[ETA: Look! 666 stars Yeah! On Friday the 13th. Bwahahahaaa!]

edit on 13-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: devil made me do it

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well, if you're affiliated with 'SATIN' then we have nothing to worry about, as you seem a quite decent fellow!

Lord, I just heard the thoughts of all the hard core, super dogmatic, bible beating x-ians out there warning me "the evil one hides well.. .beware! beware!"

Religions like that are wonderful in their circular, insular logic... laugh and it's the "demon of mockery" using you to attack their faith with logic and *gasp* humor...

oh well, let's "pray" their beliefs keep 'em happy and safe... and outta my hair! They (and Sitchen) already got their hooks in a loved one who's now all certain the world's gonna end in fiery cataclysm in... er (counts fingers) 92 days is it?

Glad Alaska is waking up... we're gonna break 100 degrees here either today or tomorrow.. .too darned hot already... we only get five or so months were we don't stew in our own sweat 24-7.

---And Uni, Peeple---

just an aside as to sitting in a graveyard and meditating, er... if you must, keep happy, happy thoughts while doing it. You just might get some strange and dark if not... I had a weird night where a tombstone glowed, shrieks of unfamiliar wildlife echoed from the surrounding trees, seemingly in answer to unspoken thoughts and a t-shirt in a pick-up bed spontaneously 'combusted' as we high tailed it away after seeing numerous tall shadows moving closer to us... and that night, at least, no drugs were involved... well, other than a few sips of Boone's Farm (we were young, heh).

And also, as mentioned, most of my life had no weird in it AT ALL... and other than occasional bumps and blurs and the sporadic eerie synchronicity lately, it still doesn't.. .but the few instances certainly told me something was up!!

ETA: and I just remembered my latest whisper from Melissa... as I retrieved my mail a young dude ran by swatting at the air, screaming, "Bees! Bees.. .watch out!!" as he passed... always bees!

And 'luckily,' (for one of us) the Africanized swarm was already zeroed in on him and let me be... and he made it to his car down the alley and presumably lived.
edit on 5/13/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Well, if you're affiliated with 'SATIN' then we have nothing to worry about, as you seem a quite decent fellow!

Kind of more of a "gloss" affiliated man than "satin"! Matte is kind of a jerk!

(Know what you meant. But man, those low hanging fruit sure are tempting!)
edit on 13-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hung low on purpose, sir...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

When I moved back to AK it hit 110, unofficially, in Fairbanks (where I happened to be). This is coming from Phoenix so I looked quite the fop in jeans and a t-shirt while everybody was panting like a dog in their shorts, flip flops, and wife beaters! I look over only to see my college buddy, also dressed like me, and also not sweating, and he says, "It is kind of decent Tucson day here!" He was back from school break. So yeah, feel your excess radiant heat!

Oh, maybe the fly is symbolic of "spooky action at a distance"?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm more of a Loosey Fur man myself.

Arizona Devil reference. Couldn't help myself.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: UniFinity

I spent a night on the graveyard in Northampton, UK. A very beautiful romanic (?) church.
Didn't bother me at all.
My grandma always said "Ned die Toten musst fürchtern, sondern die lebendigen"
Which means, you don't have to be afraid of the dead, it's the living you should be worried about.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

hah, romantic you say..well they are very beautiful.
but spending the night inside? church,
and probably not alone...
is not the same as going to the cemetery for the night,
with only intent of deepening your meditation experience,
meditating outside among the graves without any expectations and thoughts.

But I don't mean to belittle your experience in any way.
and it is great that you don't fear the dead
and also I think you grandmother was wise for teaching that!

I can been around graves at night alone and in the group, without fear...
but I have never tried deep long meditation at night and I don't even feel the need to do that
as I have plenty going on when I am practicing in my room,
once you "feel" natural silence in long deep meditations,
than other things will come to your awareness, without any effort!

But if one is having trouble with beginning to meditate
or get motivation going because there are no experiences,
than "night haunted place meditations" are very auspicious,
to get the juice flowing ... they say.

but as I said before, I don't wish for anyone to get scared #less,
that is not even the point!
don't do that without proper motivation and intent,
and maybe if one is a bit of crazy?

: )

edit on 1463216462501May015013116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry, I've been busy but I wanted to drag this up from a couple of pages ago while I catch up.

I have so many darned stories rattling around my noggin about people reporting they woke up from this reality to someplace more "real" that it's ... er disturbing. Some are the "standard" life after death reports (like my pops)... but some are drug oriented (like the fellow who swears they lived an entire lifetime on some other world, then died and woke up back here, coming off a three letter drug and it had only been 10 minutes here... and they were very changed afterwards.

Who and what does that you remind of?
That's an old, old story....

edit on 14-5-2016 by beansidhe because: bold

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It was a massive 60 degrees here today, people were flinging off clothes faster than you could blink.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

originally posted by: beansidhe

Sorry, I've been busy but I wanted to drag this up from a couple of pages ago while I catch up.

I have so many darned stories rattling around my noggin about people reporting they woke up from this reality to someplace more "real" that it's ... er disturbing. Some are the "standard" life after death reports (like my pops)... but some are drug oriented (like the fellow who swears they lived an entire lifetime on some other world, then died and woke up back here, coming off a three letter drug and it had only been 10 minutes here... and they were very changed afterwards.

Who and what does that you remind of?
That's an old, old story....

That will probably be my next step, found a McKenna magic box online... to hairy trip where no one has dreamed before!

Oh I wanted to quote the quote, that went wrong
edit on 15-5-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't know why you can't quote the quote from a previous reply, but I've never been able to it either.
Em, yes, take notes when you go, lol!

It does seem as if there is a pattern to these things though, doesn't it? One of the best stories about losing time in Fairyland came from Robert Kirk - would a Minister have been using drugs? It seems very unlikely, but I guess not impossible?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What's a "McKenna magic box"?

Also:

I have a friend who has what we call 'non'dreams where she 'visits' alternate versions of her life...

...she experiences a significant difference between those and 'regular' dreams -

- it's as if she has stepped into a 'version' of herself and the life she would have had if she had made different choices at particular points in her life.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Right now I am watching a documentary about dream time. And why not? Fits in with the possibility surface theory I am thinking about a lot lately. Maybe she has a "thinner skin" in that regards?
Magic, because of the fungi in the box.

a reply to: beansidhe

16xx, I would guess opium? Morphium? Cannabis?
It's definitely interesting stuff. And has a long history, who knows if we humans would have evolved the way we did without "dream enhancers"?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think she does have a "thinner skin" -
- I know she has a bit of psychic ability, has actually saved a couple people's lives by warning them about stuff she 'saw'...
...also, when she was working in Realty Sales (selling houses) she could tell by touching the house if anything 'bad' had happened there (she always turned out to be right when she went to research)..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's pretty cool. Makes me a bit jealous, I want to have superpowers!
Unfortunately my predictions always fail.
Did she ever do it on purpose? Can she do it on purpose? Or does it just happen?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I know how you feel, I was a bit jealous for a while - but she has also had some kind of freaky experiences that she won't talk about, so that got me feeling that I'm better off not having any special 'talent'....

No, she can't do it on purpose - actually, she has gotten 'burned' by her ability (*story below) many times over her life (she's 50), and now it's not as strong, because she spent years sort of 'burying' it inside herself.

* When she was in high school, she was at a party one night and got a 'vision' of a bad car accident at a local bridge and a guy at the party dying in it, so she told him not to drive home that way (it was his usual route) -

- well, he blew her off, and everyone kind of made fun of her, but he ended up not going that way that night - the next day everyone found out there had been a bad accident at the bridge and he probably would have died...

...well, she got double whammied by that one, because not only did everyone at school treat her a bit strangely after that, but also a few nights later the guy had some kind of breakdown, came to her house, and came after her with a knife - he was so freaked out by the whole thing!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

hey, being happy is the best super power!

learn to be that, and you will not need anything else, even when they come to you...

and I am not sure if I understand your meaning about the magic box.
But if you plan on taking shrooms, that should be a lot of fun. : )

my greatest trips were when I was alone in the dark in my room, with relaxing tunes and meditating for the whole trip, for hours...
But the tough part is to stop thinking, when on drugs.
well, if one focuses on that as hard as one can than the mind will let you to taste of what is possible in meditation with a bit of practice.

imho.
edit on 1463373709541May415413116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Huh, that reaction by the guy makes me rethink my feelings about "disclosure" and such...

I keep forgetting some folks really can't handle anything weirder than wage slavery, electromagnetic gadget isolation and food... though if they really thought about the fact they are "here" on this deeply strange planet-universe at all, they'd likely go after everything with the handiest weapon.

I dislike being limited by the lowest common denominators.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I know, I don't think the average ATS member fully realizes that the majority of people don't actually even believe in 'ET' (much less interdimensionals or 'high strangeness')...

...add that to how difficult a time the average person can have dealing with paradigm shifts, and I really think that 'disclosure' (of whatever 'it' is) could tip society over the edge -

- I mean, there've been relatively small incidents that have sent people into 'chaos' mode - look at how little it takes to start riots at sports events and concerts.

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join