It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

And there you are throwing god on the table, the joker.
There is not only no need for a deity to exist, it is also a pretty outdated cultural concept.
Look at it from an evolutionary standpoint, it has brought nothing good in uniting, or furthering the social development of the human race since the crusades. If you use god as a scapegoat it makes you look like one of those trying to subdue the planet. Which is wrong.

The soul is something that needs a makeover as well. When I say soul I could just as well say immortal awareness. But I think that's not something you would have in mind.

Why are you talking about god in a way I said did not exist already.
Please follow along lol.

I explained I use words as cultural references but that words themselves are wrong because they are based on outdated concepts. We don't have new words so I explained god/universe/soul/spirit as near synonyms or synonyms in my speach.

I told you all I'm not Christian.

I could just as well call god "I" , but then that's not talking about what I really mean either but it's closer fir you to get what I'm saying.

Remember I think as a physicist first.

Translate his to multiverse when you read me, but also remember everything is communicating/connected. I don't like the word universe or god. They are wrong words in different directions.

Hope that makes some sense.

Our usage of the word soul will mostly be the same but just last few posts I used kevs version of soul because I know what he's talking about losing his soul.. I lost mine too. But only for a bit. But the general way I mean soul is the undying part. When I first came into this thread and argued with kev that's what I meant by soul.. He meant the golden love battery.. Mmm lol
edit on 24-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

If you think about it society is an animal now. And it has a mind if it's own, but I do try to get my signal through to the brain as a little bacteria me lol.

See, I'm going to get all nit-picky with you now, and suggest that society is dependant upon the culture it inhabits and so my 'society' is massively different from yours, and almost certainly does not share the same mind; it's not even in the same genus. I'm not trying to get all arsey with you (despite getting all arsey), just pedantic.

Did I say there was one society?
You're not nitpicking only expanding on what I said.

This is definitely my last post I'm going to get myself in trouble again.

Think about what you said it's a very good point.

My loose word usage that confuses so many is related.
I'm not somebody who follows systems and groups.

Last things I talked about before I was scared for my life were psychological operations and the multiverse.
Your post is perfectly related to that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hey guys, hope you don't mind if I pull up a stool.

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Baddogma

if you are connected.. not necessarily "directly".. but via "many hops" like in a distributed computer network, for whatever reason (what if we all have to do the cell phone tower method.. where tower talks to tower which talks to tower).

It seems to me like we can account for simultaneous thought systems through a grand battery of perfectly explicable causes before we scratch the truly weird instances. Unless we're talking about person-to-person telepathy, which hasn't held up all that well under repeated testing, ideas do tend to get transmitted through the usual channels, even where mass communication is lacking. There seem to be certain concepts that arise spontaneously in people who haven't been exposed to their ideological precursors, and there also seems to a disparity between self-reported instances of telepathy and lab tested exercises which suggests that whatever weirdness is actually happening, it resists quantification.

But as a self-admitted reader of PKD, a watcher of the Matrix, and a scholar of multiple belief systems, it's hard to conclude that you're working off revealed knowledge as opposed to narrative suggestion. Have you considered that the concepts you have been groping toward for decades have already been formulated and debunked and reformulated and re-debunked and then formulated again?

If so, what does this loop suggest to you?

The "Gossiping Parasite (Symbiote) Model" could explain all of the following:

*ed- a bunch of stuff that can be attributed to a number of mundane causes

It might be helpful to cancel out the multiple causal strands attached to these phenomena before contriving to formulate a TOE, yo.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Absolutely, and so Alchemical. Happy transformations, Happy Spring, Happy Easter! May you and yours thrive.

I am not really going on a Quixotic pilgrimage, but I was chuffed to bits that it was written around there, geography not being my thing I had no idea where La Mancha was. It is a nice happenstance, and it is the 400 year anniversary of his death this April, so another timely coincidence. I have allowed it to dictate my holiday reading at least...though it is a very thick tome, it may extend beyond the holiday itself. Toledo was where three cultures mingled and did business, exchanged ideas, particularly alchemical. That it is also the place where the novel that shaped all subsequent novels was written, should not have come as too much of a surprise to me.

So jealous.

I always take copious photos...just say the word and I will happily bore you senseless with a slide show.

P.S. Please somehow watch the 1990 version of Cyrano de Bergerac with Gérard Depardieu befor you go. Thanks.

No, no, no, no. That wouldn't be good for me at all. You wish me to pour salt in my wounds?

I'm interested in the fortified defences of the medieaval city, amongst other things, that is why I wanted to visit that region of Spain...My exploding head syndrome all too often reminds me of a bullet to the back of the head. I once had four in a row, could measure the evenness of the paces of the executioner between. I know it's my own head but that doesn't prevent me asking what if, and going where that takes me.

I'm now thinking, people with large noses should be careful where they stick them or they may get their heads stoved in. I'm not saying that you are threatening me, but have you ever looked at it this way, was Lord Liverpool a traitor, and if so, a traitor to what?

When I say I come at this from a different angle I'm not even close to kidding but I am usually making light of things that I take seriously.

Relatively speaking.

And because the absurdity of it all demands to be laughed at, of course. It's that or crying, and that just gives me froggy-panda eyes.

Thanks all the same though.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

The Demonic forces are straight forward enough, they're just like crocodiles, you can feed the people you don't like to them but it would be crazy trying to talk to them, so i wouldn't be dipping my head in a crocodile pool.

I mean speaking of which there's the FL approach, monitor and record with a view to the decode and synthesize, but i don't normally stoop to such crude methodology, it's easier to just send the instruction now get back to me in English, which is to say don't let space imps give you the runaround.

As you say that is all about creating personal narrative but that's a hugely important spiritual factor and i would expect space imps as co-religionists to recognize and respect such.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So if enough people would start feeding back 'love' into the circuit, presumably we would slowly start to see an improvement in our cultures.

After all we see daily how the negative feedbacks spiral out of control whipped up by the media causing untold suffering and division

Thankfully this would not be trying to establish a new religion but 'just' a new (or perhaps rediscovering) way of thinking.

We as a species have to stop thinking about self and rejoin/reconnect with everything else as one but this is not a new message. The 60's seem to be the last time western society tried to move in that direction so maybe after 50 years it's time we all tried again.

The tricky part is gaining momentum but the internet should in theory make it simpler as you can connect with millions instantly and at the same time difficult as there are so many others vying for attention.

I suppose all a person can do is share the idea and feed it back and hope it gets picked up elsewhere in the 'gossip columns'.

Ponders off.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Yes.

And that's why I am dangerous to those with power structures.

Well, many people are.

Many many many people are.

Only thing holding us back is fear.

But we got this. We have it our hands. To reiterate an old point I would say "god" is dead.. But that's well I use words funny.

It's the whoever that whatever
should endeavor, like never, before
because the door, is closing...
not choosing is a choice not sewing
your knowing into existence
with no resistance, what do you expect?
Your mind unused
your purpose is fused to those who chose, and used, but you froze
Come with me now, while time is still now
Let's make life beautiful some how

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You did say there was one society and that it was like an (singular) animal.

My loose word usage that confuses so many is related. I'm not somebody who follows systems and groups.

This is where we're having miscommunications, since I'm a fan of systems and groups and also very clear word usage. My first degree is in Sociology and so it's hard to shake that mindset, but also very helpful to crank it up every now and then, scrape off the rust and use it to view analogies through.

Last things I talked about before I was scared for my life were psychological operations and the multiverse. Your post is perfectly related to that.

It's difficult to know how to respond to that, really. I think it relates to your earlier post about folk on ATS hassling you, but I don't know if it does. I don't see how my post relates to psychological operations or the multiverse at all, so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing the right thing to say to clear up any misunderstanding. My intentions were purely sociological and not meant to upset you.

B x

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I suppose all a person can do is share the idea and feed it back and hope it gets picked up elsewhere in the 'gossip columns'.

That's probably all that is necessary or even possible, when you think that everything from the grandest cathedral to a safety pin began life as an idea. Ideas are all we have but once they become 'real' or expressed, they can be unstopppable. Keep feeding the right kind of ideas in and ipso facto...the right result should appear. In theory anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

They are a bit elvy, it's true.

They reckon maybe something to do with wheat but i doubt that unless they mean Capelli d'Angelo, more likely as you say about magic.

Hair, blacksmiths and combs are recurrent themes, though hair being forged is very odd. I think it seems more magical and about transformation too, but then wheat was de rigueur for early coins so who knows?

I need to do some more reading now.

a reply to: Spookytraction

Hello there, nice to meet you.
edit on 25-3-2016 by beansidhe because: can't spell

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: beansidhe

Hi Kantzveldt and beansidhe!!
I'm reading an article about tuning forks (in history) and the pic you posted above is discussed. Apparently this pic is of the Abernethy Pictish Stone in Perthshire, Scotland. The author of this article believes that "they were mainly used to cut, drill, and levitate stones."

montalk.net...

Regarding the above picture, from the same link:
"There you see two tuning forks joined to each other by strings. The left fork is joined at two vibrational nodes, the right at three, possibly implying a 2:3 frequency ratio between the two forks which is the musical interval known as a “perfect fifth” (aka the power chord for you metalheads). Beneath them is a four-shaped leaf pattern reminiscent once again of a flower. Then a dish or convex lens. And further down on the left, that same anvil or bull horn flare shape."

"So, what are the chances that an old Pictish stone in Scotland would show several of the same symbols as a carving from ancient Egypt? Both show tuning forks, flower shape, flare shape, and possible liquid associations (one a cymatic liquid swirl, the other a dish that can hold liquid."
"Only the Pictish stone shows a hammer, and only the Egyptian carving shows an extra fork connected by strings. These differences merely suggest different ways of setting the fork into vibration. Consider the following anecdote reported in 1997 (from keelynet):
Some years ago an American friend picked the lock of a door leading to an Egyptian museum store-room measuring approx 8 feet x ten feet. Inside she found “hundreds” of what she described as “tuning forks”.
These ranged in size from approx 8 inches to approx 8 or 9 feet overall length, and resembled catapults, but with a taut wire stretched between the tines of the “fork”. She insists, incidentally, that these were definitely not non-ferrous, but “steel”.
These objects resembled a letter “U” with a handle (a bit like a pitchfork) and, when the wire was plucked, they vibrated for a prolonged period.
It occurs to me to wonder if these devices might have had hardened tool-bits attached to the bottom of their handles and if they might have been used for cutting or engraving stone, once they had been set vibrating."

I'm sorry I quoted a fair bit, but I thought it was really interesting.
Perhaps the tuning forks were not for communication...but instead used as tools?

Edit to add: Further down that page (link attached above) there are explanations for how to "make a tuning fork sonic drill" with diagrams. (In case anyone is interested in reading further).
jacy

edit on 25-3-2016 by jacygirl because: missed a word

edit on 25-3-2016 by jacygirl because: more to say

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi jacygirl, yes i came across that and found it really funny in every sense of the word, that what they'd been hiding from us all this time was tuning forks, not so sure i'd use hundreds of tuning forks for drilling stone but maybe you could set up a great spiritual resonance field with them, but i dunno, ancient wisdom enigmatic.

A lot of the sistrums also sort of looked liked tuning forks, even though of course they had the rattle components strung across and you had to physically shake them.

a reply to: beansidhe

From other accounts they'd have it that the sons of Ivaldi which forged the hair of Sif were elves, because their sister Idun the prescient Dîs was, who didn't like being sent to the bottom of the tree.

“In the dales dwells the prescient Dîs, from Yggdrasil’s Ash sunk down, of alfen race, Idun by name, the youngest of Ivaldi’s elder children. She ill brooked her descent under the hoar tree’s trunk confined. She would not happy be with Norvi’s daughter, accustomed to a pleasanter abode at home.”

edit on Kam33184vAmerica/ChicagoFriday2531 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

You did say there was one society and that it was like an (singular) animal.

My loose word usage that confuses so many is related. I'm not somebody who follows systems and groups.

This is where we're having miscommunications, since I'm a fan of systems and groups and also very clear word usage. My first degree is in Sociology and so it's hard to shake that mindset, but also very helpful to crank it up every now and then, scrape off the rust and use it to view analogies through.

Last things I talked about before I was scared for my life were psychological operations and the multiverse. Your post is perfectly related to that.

It's difficult to know how to respond to that, really. I think it relates to your earlier post about folk on ATS hassling you, but I don't know if it does. I don't see how my post relates to psychological operations or the multiverse at all, so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing the right thing to say to clear up any misunderstanding. My intentions were purely sociological and not meant to upset you.

B x

Think of multiverse "picking the timeline" McKenna saying culture is our operating system. You will understand my not liking groups and structures better in that light. My loose word usage is associated with that directly. That's when I do it on purpose it's also accidental as I think in 3d movie animations. Translation is hard enough, but then the added bonus of different societal operating systems brings out interesting results.

Since I see people mentioning tuning forks above me think about the muse album "origin of symmetry" the cover art. Just a random musing..

You did not upset me. And no I never said there was one society. I said society is one animal you assumed one society and then assumed one animal from there. Why that happened is more your psychology than my words. And this is the point. I can't or rather don't want to finish this line of thinking. That was just for you to think about. I'll bring something else up if I want to continue to post in his thread.

If you think about it society is an animal now. And it has a mind if it's own, but I do try to get my signal through to the brain as a little bacteria me lol.

Remember the bacteria me has bacteria in my gut all working around each other wondering why society (me) keeps moving in the wrong direction when the smart members of bacteria land can see the inevitable end !? Well "I" have a mind of my own. Fractal it out up down and around.. Think about that and kevs control loop.. We are like patterns that pattern ourselves. Any level of fractal that can change will have an effect on the same level of the pattern directly a huge effect on the level "down" and a very diminished effect one level up. Now imagine you realized the multiverse/quantum mechanics view is true..

Anyway you could get smacked for messing up the board or by playing your own game altogether.

My posts are very much like the universe looked at through different reflections in small mirrors and no one sees the same thing. Well, no, everyone's posts are like that but mine have an extra wiggle room so the effect is enhanced.

You've watched someone call my "god" a joker and a deity after I said I wasn't talking about that. You have seen me make an animal analogy and assumed the animal has no friends, no predator, no prey, and even no symbiosis. Kev assumed he knows the whole universe. You have to be careful when you think about what I write. Sometimes I'm not clear. One reason is this auto correct silliness and I can't see everything I wrote on this phone very easy, my thoughts don't go in one direction (trying to show more connections), and the third category is I do it to not say all the way what I think. Not to be coy or anything but to see.. See if you and I agree without the bias there of a feedback loop.

I'm explorative comparative.. It's mostly analogies (only way to talk about the unknown).. So I'm not saying what is there I'm more throwing out lots of angles as brainstorming perhaps you could call it, but they aren't random they are things I've thought about usually a lot.

I threw the poem in there to help kev especially better understand my word "soul" "hell" I noticed his post "people shouldn't be focused on souls and waiting for heaven it's the earth that matters" well people hear soul and they think I'm being Christian.. That's their assumption not mine. The poem mentions time "while time is still now" it's a little joke..

Anyway I'm not cutting anyone down just grabbing examples that pop in my head as illustrations of a point, nothing more, and better served to explain my angle better anyway.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I've seen I made it into your blog.

On a hilarious side note, did you see this thread?
An electromagnetic wave being reaching out to MUFON for help. That's pure gold, from a comedic point of view.

And a serious question, I don't know if I mentioned the Pool Of Thoughtsmash before, but what do you think how spontaneous ideas are connected to the symbiotis? I know it's mostly neurons were all activities are generated, but I found the idea of an awareness cloud, or POT, very attractive.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Since nobody understands what you're trying to say, maybe you should work on that...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Since nobody understands what you're trying to say, maybe you should work on that...

Nobody sounds like an exaggeration. Plenty of bodies know exactly what I'm talking about including my body.

That's a joke but did you realize language you used ties you to body?

Windows is compatible with "machine world" let's say.
Most people around the world especially America and the 'west' are running on 'windows'
That operating system can not see 'god' but then especially in America they have the religion patch which turns the word god into a magic man.. But I uninstalled that patch.. Too bad I still have to run English 2.4 with all it's inherent bias towards materialism causing me to counter bias with spiritualism 1.0 beta... Too bad I can't just speak directly as the dualism isn't meant by me but the religion patch likes the dualism model so bad words as 'extra- super- natural' come into being. Furthering the disconnect.. I'm running a multiboot system with an over arching observer safe mode with networking enabled.

Hope I confused you really bad or that made a lot if sense. Or just laugh at my crazy.

Lol

Good morning by the way

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I've seen I made it into your blog.

On a hilarious side note, did you see this thread?
An electromagnetic wave being reaching out to MUFON for help. That's pure gold, from a comedic point of view.

And a serious question, I don't know if I mentioned the Pool Of Thoughtsmash before, but what do you think how spontaneous ideas are connected to the symbiotis? I know it's mostly neurons were all activities are generated, but I found the idea of an awareness cloud, or POT, very attractive.

Teeny tiny bits of "truth" come out in the muddled game of paper tube in the ear communiction.

That's why I originally said that A**** had 5% truth to it.

But reaching out to MUFON for help---yup! That's a new one!

Why waste the man in the middle of regular people?

The UFOs/Aliens have figured out they should take it right to the horses mouth---MUFON!

As for symbiotes and ideas.. I'm sure that every part of "ourselves" participates in at least
"raw creativity". And even a broken clock is right twice per day.

Kev

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It's mostly analogies (only way to talk about the unknown)

That jumps out at me - makes sense of a few things.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Okay, you made me laugh. Sorry if I come across bitchy that's just because I am.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I have lived in such a state of high stress for so long, that my stomach does not feel healthy at all.
Black sludge comes to mind.
jacy

Keeping your 'gut' physically healthy is important as a means to keep your brain/mind healthy as well -

Stress = impaired gut health = impaired mind health = more difficulty handling stress = impact on gut health, and so on in an endless loop...

Eat lots of fermented foods - yogurt, sauerkraut, etc (supplement with a good brand of probiotic), eliminate as much sugar & white flour as possible from your diet, get lots of fiber...

...search ATS for topics like 'gut health', 'probiotics', 'supplements for intestinal health' - I know there have been threads where people have given really good advice on this sort of thing...

As far as "black sludge", I have it on good authority - Kev's as a matter of fact
that 'sessions' of deep belly breathing are helpful, and I can attest from my experience in taking his advice that it does help..

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join