It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Hello Raxoxane,

The very thing I thought of there when I saw your drawings was:

Partly because they look similar, partly because they are familiar in my frame of reference and partly because I like thinking about them!
A good example of my signature quote, I suppose. Incidentally, the cup and ring marks seen above are potentially representational stars/constellations. I don't know about yours? What kind of feeling did you have when you were drawing them?

B x
edit on 29-1-2016 by beansidhe because: fixed photees

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
And sure, you are sometimes a pretty thin-skinned shaman when you inhabit your human clothes too well (or poorly- depending) and might well be forehead deep in poop, but I still find your insights and views very valuable, right, wrong or partially so...

as long as the poor souls reading don't take you as gospel and spin off into nihilistic depths... just because I (almost) made it out of my own nihilistic morass doesn't mean others are safe, heh, but I think we're all adults enough to know nobody here has the answer... heck, or even AN answer, for that matter.

So keep on sucking the air outta the room, I'm fine with it and folks can always skip that blue avatar if they wanna. And also remember it's human to see one reaction on the boards and use that as a model for reality when there's many more unexpressed opinions/views running concurrently... many here have never had the chance to interact with a real-life crazy as poop shaman character... heh.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Blessed be the peacemakers, ego strokers... heh

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Heh, I had to reread that to "get" it... but yeah, first causality is a stunner. Saying some thing has always been, rather than something from nothing doesn't help a whole lot either, though that was a new twist on my own ruminations (or lazy contemplation).

There are some heavy (and I mean H E A V Y ) philosophical writings that will reprogram your brain to 'undreamt' of places (Nietzsche, for instance, has that rep for a good, good reason... but good luck grokking that without help), so King James ain't the only game in town... but it sure can be 'purty' as well as barbaric and smelling of goat.

And "love letter from God" ...heh, well, what if you're stalked? What then ...? ; ) eta: didn't He say he was a "jealous god?"

edit on 1/29/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
An overlooked aspect is how the world is made of language.

Indigenous peoples know and understand this. The world to them, is as it's described. If you get a small group of people together in a closed room and talk to them at length for hours, their world slowly becomes that of which you talk about to them.

If you think about language, it's something we take for granted all the time. It's really quite mysterious when you ponder it.

For example, if you and I were in physical proximity -- the thoughts in my head would become noises, travel across the distance to your ears, into your brain and be reconstructed into the images that were/are in my head. This is a very real form of telepathy. I can make you "see" what I "see" with my mind's eye by making small mouth noises, transmitted by vibrations carried through the air.

It's a crude form of communication, one that we've certainly refined from simple grunts and body language though. Who knows what other exotic and baroque forms of communication exist using methods and mediums we're not aware of or open to?

I believe this to be true. I think of the Linklater film Waking Life and the Ethan Hawke scenes as a fine coalescing of the nature of language. Your example was a reminder, and neither the particular scenes/dialogue or your example capture it all, but they are both some of the "ah-ha" moments I've had with respect to understanding language.

Thank you for the insight

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Love the thread and thank you for putting in the time into keeping it cohesive and staying on topic. Bravo, sir

edit on 29-1-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: deletion

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
Huh... and I thought I got hit with the weirdness stick, heh... some of the "high strangeness" attached to those "critters" (for want of any concrete word/concept) is so.. . strange, heh!

I can get cynical and think they're just laughing their thin butts off at us lowly humans and all those symbols, dream stuff and whatnot are a joke... or wonder if it's speaking to a part of our "unconscious" selves and purposeful.

I guess it could be both, too... thanks very much for sharing that.

That whole 'alien' abduction/contact thing is so liminal, but I've grown quite sure that the basic phenomena is a concrete reality in many cases, or as concrete as it comes... but am even less sure what the origin/purpose is.

Many folks think they know what it is, though, of course... although, most don't take it at face value due to the "info" being usually nonsensical.

I'll stop rambling... newly awake here and need my java. But thanks, Rax.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

And ...

Could it be that the Ego is what takes away our free will. Is our ego the real parasite out there stopping us from being free? Folks, We have free will.

One "problem" in attempting communication with this stuff is the specialized language and ever expanding sets (in the math meaning of "set") of concepts.

Maybe in our human subset of experience, free will exists in some manner, while a few larger sets above this, time/causality doesn't exist and everything we experience has already been done in some manner, so that when perceived from "up there" then free will is an illusion.

So maybe both views have validity, is what I mean.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Morning fair Bean (and I just ground up a cupful of beans for my morning dose of speed).

Speaking of coffee... cups and rings... from coffee cups and wet rings to the mentioned neolithic carvings... what is up with that common etching on rocks? The answers are as varied as people because the info is so sparse!

But I've wondered what and why regarding those markings... it was pretty important unless there was an easier way to carve rocks millennia ago!

Language is the first guess, but half-remembered papers found no obvious information pattern held in them. So... ???

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
And sure, you are sometimes a pretty thin-skinned shaman when you inhabit your human clothes too well (or poorly- depending) and might well be forehead deep in poop, but I still find your insights and views very valuable, right, wrong or partially so...

as long as the poor souls reading don't take you as gospel and spin off into nihilistic depths... just because I (almost) made it out of my own nihilistic morass doesn't mean others are safe, heh, but I think we're all adults enough to know nobody here has the answer... heck, or even AN answer, for that matter.

So keep on sucking the air outta the room, I'm fine with it and folks can always skip that blue avatar if they wanna. And also remember it's human to see one reaction on the boards and use that as a model for reality when there's many more unexpressed opinions/views running concurrently... many here have never had the chance to interact with a real-life crazy as poop shaman character... heh.

"I hope you don't use that mouth to kiss your mother!"

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Oh I love YouπŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’ž

Don't do that --- you'll ruin my batting average.

I'm curious, what do you like that sends nearly everyone screaming?

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Blessed be the peacemakers, ego strokers... heh

People assume that the personality of a permanently liminal person is BIG.

The truth is quite different than that.

If I were someone else, I'd ask about that whole ego thing quite a lot..
as it might be the main subject of interest on a daily practical basis.

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It was mostly this:

All the old stories make it sound like it's YOU that suddenly "ascends" and "leaves the body" to go to some wonderful paradise of enlightened beings which lecture the deities who are in awe of them (these are the old cultural stories of India).

What they neglect to tell you, is who YOU really ARE, and who becomes and does not become "Enlightened". The whole thing is the most disillusioning thing imaginable.. it crushes flat all the theosophy and new age nonsense in two seconds flat. (which is its purpose I'd imagine, at least in part).

I thought I was going to die.. to go from so "full" and "radiant" to so empty and discarded... I had no teacher for had happened.. no written reference materials. Nothing.

So honest and so true. I bet not many people like what you have to tell, but you gave me an eye opener in the archon thread and ever since: HUGE fan!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I like tough chicks, especially ones who chart their own course and can't stop caring for other people to save their life. My wife is a lot like that.

For the record, SHE's the one who keeps thwapping on me to "fill my cup", rather than just keep giving and giving until there's nothing left of me (quite the freudian words there!).

So I spoke to you about something very near and dear to my heart.

Also for me, "this kind of talk" - the difficult and disturbing stuff, is the very essence of true love.. and all the gushy stuff, the surface layer socially acceptable stuff (that on ATS gets all these stars), might not be love at all.

But I suppose I've been the "tough love" type of person since I was aware in the womb, as even then there was talk about killing me in there.

And on that bright note!

Good Morning!

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Kev...I don't subscribe to the Ra stuff, lol.

And yeah, I get stung in my exposed ego sometimes, too, when kpb latches onto something I write and makes up a narrative I find plain wrong... but then thinking about it, it's partially correct, just not nearly as much as he seems to think... so I swallow my objections and let it go... let it go.

But it's just more fuel for my view that we're all fallible and nobody deserves a permanent place on any pedestals.

No body deserves a permanent place on any pedestals... deserves another say and shade of meaning.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

That archon thing is tricky.

It CAN certainly be viewed from that perspective.

It CAN be viewed from the "Plasma Critter Parasite Perspective".

But it can also be viewed as the 'way to enlightenment' through the school of hard knocks, which I dare say, this Earth is the perfect example for that.

This place certainly SEEMS like "Dantes Inferno", where to get to the "top" and to "escape hell", you have to go ALL the way down the bunny hole to get out.

Some people are so confused in thinking that I'm claiming to be "all that". Well I think that I've held back nothing whatsoever.. about my personal status.. I want to be used as a training example...

Losing the source of your delusion ("a personal soul") on a permanent basis does seem to be the first half of that "enlightenment stuff". But the next part is damn tricky.

I'm always feeling that I'm "off the rails" ... trying to chart a course that not many take.. the whole WORLD tries to tell you about "your soul".

The whole world is WRONG.

That's not ego.

That's simply observation.

It's not what I wanted.

It's the exact LAST THING I could have ever wanted.

But that's exactly why I shouldn't hide the observations.. I gave everything! and even after "my death" I'm still here giving..

Not tooting my horn here....this is not ego... I just don't want my death to have been for nothing..

Now it seems there is a next step.. the "right hand path" and something "well beyond the fake soul".
That's what I'm looking for in a passive manner (no free will here, remember?) LOL.

I"m the exact antithesis of a "guru" - I'm a "failed shaman".... failed by societal standards anyway.

I may be heading out soon.. if you have questions it might be a good time..

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yup.. .the truth, wisdom and smarts are strong in this one... along with a dysfunctional, damaged, very, very human personality (takes one to know one)...

he's a typing contradiction (looks to kpb and blows a kiss) thankfully... if he didn't show the warts, he'd be even more insufferable!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Kev...I don't subscribe to the Ra stuff, lol.

And yeah, I get stung in my exposed ego sometimes, too, when kpb latches onto something I write and makes up a narrative I find plain wrong... but then thinking about it, it's partially correct, just not nearly as much as he seems to think... so I swallow my objections and let it go... let it go.

But it's just more fuel for my view that we're all fallible and nobody deserves a permanent place on any pedestals.

No body deserves a permanent place on any pedestals... deserves another say and shade of meaning.

I was 100% certain that Jacy was not a devotee of "Ra".

I "spoke past her to others".

It's what I do.

So let's just get this out of our systems, ok?

This right/wrong stuff is not even the point.

Don't you get that yet?

I'm not here to be put on a pedastle.

I'm not here to "work on my perceived score".

I'm out of the game entirely.. just wanting to show some kindness on my last lap out of the stadium; my fat ass in my torn and dirty uniform.. but I want to cease existing here with a big smile on my face and arms happy to hug even my biggest detractors.

Anyway.. I made myself cry.

Morning!

Kev

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But it can also be viewed as the 'way to enlightenment' through the school of hard knocks, which I dare say, this Earth is the perfect example for that.

Meaning you first have to get attached to your critter, before "it" moves on?
I am overwhelmed right now, but once I find my next question I'll let you know.

a reply to: Baddogma

If I were you I would stop that. Maybe you have to follow a certain path to know what he is talking about, but it is coherent, inspiring and very gentle given the area of what is discussed.

Maybe I should clarify that, but all meta and para physical things are one tiny step from delusion.
A real experience you have in an imagination-opening state like dreaming, meditation and so on is very hard to tell from what your brain does: serve your expectations.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Oh I get it and was "talking past you to others" too! I do that a whole lot .. .crazy person shorthand.

Now, I know you've already explained this elsewhere, but I'd like it broached again... the "soul/no soul" concept.

As I see it, we're partial extrusions of the whole into temporary meat suits.. .drops of/in an ocean.

If, down here in humanville, we're composite beings (but basically just a tendril(s) from the whole) and most of what we commonly perceive as "us" are really critters, then why does that distinction matter... when we perceive the whole as us, anyway? I hope I am understood... but I guess I'm asking for basic clarification.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join