It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The horns of Taurus are the tuning fork...

There now you've only gone and made me state the obvious and caused excruciating anguish to untold numbers of elfin folk appalled by such disrespect for tradition that we've had to resort to properly explaining.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

We should expect soured milk in the morning.

But it's so much fun finding out all of their tricks and cover stories.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes well i suppose in the interest of establishing better future relations these things have to be done, so we can conclude that you taps the tuning fork with your hammer, establishing the correct vibrational resonance, and that elf seen lurking beneath the rock (and on the odd occasion my pillow ) manifests.

What i brought up was that the exact same principle could be found in terms of communicating with the Sumerian high God Anu, as Taurus, you just needed to tune in, of course there is a vast amount of tradition reflecting this but normally that just involves bells and gongs, tuning forks were for experts.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oh no, I hope you don't find another pig-nosed goblin statuette under the bed...

It's funny the parallels you see though, we are a like-minded species all in all. Notice that the tuning fork is in between the hammer and anvil, the magical blacksmith's tools. The blacksmith was the ultimate magician, like Wayland, transforming metal into tools, jewellery, weapons and all.

If Taurus marks the transformation to death,the gateway, then very fitting to be presided over by the ultimate transformer, present at all major life events. For those who don't know (and why would you know such a pointless fact?), you can still be married over the anvil here, in Scottishland:

The local blacksmith and his anvil have become the lasting symbols of Gretna Green weddings. Scottish law allowed for "irregular marriages", meaning that if a declaration was made before two witnesses, almost anybody had the authority to conduct the marriage ceremony. The blacksmiths in Gretna became known as "anvil priests", culminating with Richard Rennison, who performed 5,147 ceremonies.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, this is a tad even more left of field than is (ab)normal around even this cafe', but I was perusing Kaku's Hyperspace and he discusses the old Flatland derived thoughts of if a 2 dimensional being were placed on a Mobius Strip and if it makes a complete circuit, then it would end up as an opposite...that is, if left handed, would be right handed at the end of it's trip, etc.

Now the thought I had came back to my father, again, and when he died the surgeons were beside themselves not due to grief, or that they missed their tee-time, but rather they were weirded out by dad's innards.

The doc couldn't help taking me aside and explaining that dad's organs were "all wrong." Apparently, they were on the wrong sides of his body, inverted... anyway, dunno.. . I found it post worthy for some reason, heh. A cloud melting alien or did he go round the dimensions and pop out inverted?

Back to our regular programming...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Right i was looking at Nordic Blacksmith representations the other day and thought they looked very elvish even though they're supposed to be dwarfish.

Here's a mystery why did the Blacksmith sons of Ivaldi fashion the Golden hair of Sif,

In Norse mythology, the Sons of Ivaldi are a group of dwarfs who fashion Skidbladnir, the ship of Freyr, and the Gungnir, the spear of Odin, as well as golden hair for Sif to replace what Loki had cut off.

Sif is the wife of the thunder god Thor and is known for her golden hair.

The Prose Edda also recounts that Sif once had her hair shorn by Loki, and that Thor forced Loki to have a golden headpiece made for Sif, resulting in not only Sif's golden tresses but also five other objects for other gods.

They reckon maybe something to do with wheat but i doubt that unless they mean Capelli d'Angelo, more likely as you say about magic.

edit on Kpm33183vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Ah yes, I know of that after I did the equivalent of Googling back in '89, but the doc was a little more disturbed by it and I guess I should've added that it wasn't that he was simply inverted, but partly top to bottom, too... the doc said they hadn't even read about such a condition before and had to spend emergency time relearning his anatomy... and so interested that he broke training and grilled the stoic 20 something guy who had just lost his dad, while his brothers boo-hoo'd and generally lost it, like normal folk.

I was fairly wrecked from grief, but remember that quite clearly... as such instances are easier to remember and I tend to just absorb bad stuff and observe from the "airport lounge" so to speak...

so for some reason that popped (or pooped) outta my brain case just now... spirits be trippin' I guess.

Now, I half-wish I had looked at his autopsy, but ...well, you know... it sucked.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Again, despite of the ancient alien Von Dumbakin nonsense, I'm struck with how much of the mythology can be seen as ignorantly describing technology... "hair" as antennae, etc.... but as we fashion tech as extensions of ourselves, that's to be expected, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm sorry, Man. That sounds awful. Why are certain siblings singled-out for the awful? I don't know.

Yeah, having them upside down is strange. High-strangeness, really. High-medical-strangenous-ness.

Well, I dunno, maybe in some other sort of light it might be seen as some small gift to you; The knowledge that your Dad was so different.

Was he an unusual man, like yourself?

edit on 24-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Ah extensions of ourselves, you know what was the coolest thing about the original elves, and it's seen in the Blacksmith brooches, is that they didn't have arms, they had mechanical appendages, being semi aquatic creatures,

A lot going on with those sensibly suited and booted elves, Japanese tradition informs you could pull their arms off and put them back on, sort of begs the question who made the arms for them though....possibility of dwarves.

edit on Kpm33183vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Heh, all good... well it's been some decades so I'm as "over it" as we can get... and yeah, he was unusual ...in that he had psi, intellect, was kind and honorable... so quite an unusual human!

Nowhere as warped as I am, though.. .thankfully.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Dolphins with mech-arms? Now there's a viable contender for "Master of Earth."

I hadn't known that about the elves.. .so thanks again for your huge noggin's contents.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Nowhere as warped...

Much love, Brother.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You only have to look at the offspring here;

But anyway as regards my noggin, as i mentioned earlier as part of my ongoing considerations of establishing meaningful contact with these creatures assuming they're still anywhere in the neighbouthood and further to my considerations of their possibly establishing ancient traditions of communication through resonance and frequency, when i went to bed and half asleep i was startled by a short burst of high pitched resonance, seemed like it came from within the pillow but more likely just the mind, immediate impression a gull cry or high pitched Dolphin sound, sort of in between, and i thought oh right thanks for that but enough for one night thank you. it's good to get insight through whatever means.

Makes you wonder though how on Earth you would communicate with two foot tall porpoises in mechanical suits emitting high pitched noises, i think our distant ancestors somehow managed so credit to them.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You can't "communicate": with them. They are automatons. Their job is to communicate to you. They aren't interested in your updates to The Log (unless you've scheduled one), Their only concern is that you got the email.

Daemon

"They" provide a municipal service: they are in control of Comm.

That's the mistake that Iamblichus made. Hence Theurgy.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That's true. Sadly, I remember how it once gave me comfort. But that was when I was about 7 years old and I connected it with being with my grandma.
And there is something about the ritualistic gathering of people that is just so deeply rooted in our brains that you will have to offer a replacement.
Concerts have a similar effect.

We need to regain community somehow.

Kev

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Meh...delivery to (for?) whom?

C'mon, Green-Girl: A hungry renaissance era Europe?

What else was being delivered?

I am not sure, that's a very ATSian question. Hrmm. "Story Material", is the best I can think of (re: Yeats and Spouse's Mansions of The Moon

Why and by whom?

Gonna say it's supply and demand on this one. It's a book, in a time when books were scarce, and it had to do with power.

However, it's La Mancha that I am going on holiday to this year, I am making the Quixotic pilgrimage...as it were. Nice little "coincidence" there, don't you think?

Absolutely, and so Alchemical. Happy transformations, Happy Spring, Happy Easter! May you and yours thrive.

So jealous.

P.S. Please somehow watch the 1990 version of Cyrano de Bergerac with Gérard Depardieu befor you go. Thanks.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That may be partially true in the sense that i considered with regards to what i've looked at terms of regulation and modulation of both photonic and sonic phenomena, from in some sense outside of the system, that does sort of suggest input only, i've no expertise in such things so it isn't easy for me to properly realize what the mythological narrative is suggesting, apart from the Cosmic constants i think there is other agency involved that is far from being automaton like, i think they have a great sense of humour and are one step beyond the Daemonic in their behaviour, which is sort of only their day job anyway.

Also i think it's a different question entirely than communication with the Divine which i don't find in the least problematical, as i'm not a Neo-Platonist i'm also unlikely to make any of their mistakes, if i think we need to communicate i'll work the appropriate channels to make sure that happens, the only thing bothering me is i don't speak their language nor am i even capable.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

...the only thing bothering me is i don't speak their language nor am i even capable.

*whisper*

i use a very similar strategy. They'll never guess.

P.S:

i think there is other agency involved that is far from being automaton like, i think they have a great sense of humour and are one step beyond the Daemonic in their behaviour,

1)i think there is other agency involved that is far from being automaton like...

2)i think they have a great sense of humour and are one step beyond the Daemonic in their behaviour,

Okay, so I think that those are two different things.

I do believe there is another agency involved that is interested in our "updates" to "The Logs".

The sense of humour part, though, I think comes from the human propensity for wanting to "story" their struggle against what must seem like demonic forces of highly organized hell-dispensing machines made especially for their own lives; which is to say their own stories.

It's just stories and cities K.

That's all I got.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join