It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Was it Robert Anton Wilson who thought he picked up transmissions from three eyed giants on Aldebaran in 1973 via a pink ray of light? ... the same year PK Dick got his "transmissions" from beyond the demiurge via a pink ray?

Just wondering where the transmissions from Aldebaran came from... heck, maybe from Aldebaran!

Or maybe our erstwhile secret scientists were honing their transmissions to sleeping humans via a pink laser... er, heh?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

No offense... I do hang with some ex-academics driven crazy by life in those cloistered environs, though... but I have forgotten far more than I managed to retain from 'autodidactic' efforts as well as many almost degrees, so my own ignorance knows no limits!

Assuming I know almost nothing never hurts...

and you PUIing again? (Posting Under the Influence for those sweet naive souls)

oh...read the "in a bar and posting loaded" ... but still don't know if you were being dry, wry or ...wet

edit on 3/23/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: zazzafrazz

People like you. Unless you up-vote the idea of "critters inhabiting human systems" as being derivative of Neoplatonism.

Junior.

Thanks for paying attention.

ACTUALLY, it's more humans inhabiting critters systems.

In a manner of speaking, humans are "space brains" plugged into a larger infrastructure;

(and I'm not ripping off the matrix.. if anything it's the inverse of the matrix..)

It isn't that "we need "god"", it's that "god" needs us.

so you see, if anything, it's inverse neoplatonicism, which is a new concept entirely.

And I don't give a crap about developing a philosophical system, I'm just reporting observations.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well I dearly loved my "soul" until It left/died.

Why or how comes your soul left you or died? Why did your soul left you? What did your soul die from?

It was a mass of enormous golden loving power.

What does that mean, "mass of enormous golden loving power"? Why would it be good or helpfull to not have that anymore?

I could build a fresh one if I wished. But I don't wish.

Why not?

And how comes you refer to humans/humanity mostely, if not always, as "they", as if you are not a human being yourself also?

I once read a post by you in which you refer to yourself as having "aspergers-syndrome". What kind of symtoms do you experience?

I hope you don't mind to answer such somehow personal questions. You can ask me anything also and I'll answer as good as I can.

I'm so slammed at work at present, my energy reserves are low.. but i'll answer again (been through this before multiple times),

1. Souls are temporary structures. Humans are soul generating machines, that is our purpose. Once a "soul" is "done", then it "leaves".

2. Why would it be good for a fully developed "soul" to leave? That's obvious. It's like a peach; once it's ripe, it's picked. Once it's obtained all possible information and processed it, it's lifecycle "here" is over. "souls" don't belong to humans, they belong to something else. And as Buddhism quite rightly points out, "souls" are pointless or harmful.

3. I don't want to build another soul as I've already given at the office. It's a tedious process. I want to rest now.

4. I refer to "humans" because that has always been my perspective. I'm "human too" but just on a different part of the bell shaped curve than the majority.

5. On aspegers syndrome - google it.

There you go; I hope that was helpful.

Kev

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

As an aside, my "real life" (meaning the drudgery we do as we're slaves to tummies ...and temperature, precipitation, mobility, communication... all the trappings/necessaries with a price tag) is more demanding of late...

some conspiracy in the upper echelons of the overworld to thwart us from peeking behind the curtain... or life.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: Anaana

(much?) confusion.

I'm so sorry. Let me pull myself together.

P.S.
This could take days cuz it's back to the Picatrix and the Moon.

Noes.

Dangerous stuff. Dragons abound.

Here's what is interesting to me: That the stories that we tell about being farmed and devoured, in some sense, by "critters inhabiting human systems", yes, the Neoplatonic ones, really are most informed by the Russians, Gurdjieff and Blavatksky, and that the audience for that current of thought is an almost exclusively caucasian Europe and America.

I disdain both Gurdjieff and Blavatsky. Both were posers. In fact, I've actually clashed with Blavatsky's derivative organization in the physical world.

I much prefer seeing things in terms of dynamic interaction between symbiotic systems. And no, to Kantz, symbiotic is most certainly not a "biological thing". Symbiotic can be viewed in a large variety of contexts. For example now days, physicists use neo-darwinian evolution to describe how galaxies and universes evolve, though at first the concept was biological.

Now yes, the shock and horror I experienced before figuring out what had happened to me, did cause me to flail about and make various semi-typical conclusions.

Kev

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

As an aside, my "real life" (meaning the drudgery we do as we're slaves to tummies ...and temperature, precipitation, mobility, communication... all the trappings/necessaries with a price tag) is more demanding of late...

some conspiracy in the upper echelons of the overworld to thwart us from peeking behind the curtain... or life.

Control loops don't like to be interfered with.. especially sentient ones.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I gave you a star for chutpah.

You know nothing about me whatsoever.

I'm known for being one of the kindest and most caring people anywhere.

I actively rescue animals and work with the homeless. I support the local
battered womans shelter.

I raised a child to 17, and she turned out splendidly; kind and loving and intelligent.

I'm saying NOTHING that Buddhism doesn't say, except I speak much more clearly,
at least for those who appreciate a more scientific model.

I also speak more from a shamanistic model, which predated all those confused and incorrect notions about "souls". All the world's religions which promote "souls" are in fact the source evil in the world.

And finally, there IS a "larger spiritual aspect" within which man fits; I speak about that too.

But I won't go roundy roundy with you.. if you don't like me or what I say, and don't care to educate yourself then by all means spaz out all you want or leave the thread. Everyone else in the thread has been quite willing to calmly discuss everything.

Kev

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I dunno i was thinking more of the Vril Damen tradition of receiving transmissions from the Alien Sumerians of Aldebaran through adaptation of appropriate hairstyle;

It is something of a mystery as to why the hairstyle of the alien fish Goddess became such a feature of late Neolithic/early Bronze age extending from South Eastern Europe to the Indus Valley;

I'm not entirely sure it was about the hair originally but the tradition does seem to have grown, very long;

Primary Sumerian exponent the Sumerian Goddess Ninshubur of the long pony tail, an aspect of her cult that enabled her, as Orion, to communicate directly with Anu/Taurus/Aldebaran and Inanna/Pleiades and to serve as medium between those Deities and the people

I'm sure much confusion has developed over the ages but there is enough to suggest the mode of communication with higher Deities could be related to the hair, which may have been an easy way of suggesting photonics and quantum optics, but it certainly wasn't about communicating with aliens it was about how they themselves went about things.
edit on Kam33182vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday2331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Bahhh!!! Arghhh!!! Don't do this!!!

We all have different beliefs, or theories, or whatever.
I thought that was the point...for us to discuss/compare our thoughts without insulting each other...?

Geez, I must look like a real idiot to some of you out there.

I just don't want to see anyone leave the thread. I don't have to believe everything anyone writes to enjoy learning about their views and perspectives.

jacy

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thank you... I know of the Vrilly proto Nazi chicks with flowing locks, but simply didn't put hair and hair together with Aldebaran... which I had also forgotten was associated with Anu! Curious... and thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Meh, any non polite post shall simply be ignored by the host, as I don't have any brawny bouncers to enforce simple niceness ... with violence, heh...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well hell.

Bald men like me must be out of luck then.

No wonder the Sumerian deities don't talk to me.

Kev

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ahh Maria and her long ponytail antennae that tuned into Aldebaran. She was a very pretty lass.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Try fibre optic implants and extensions...

Sometimes what seems incredibly silly is actually very sensible, and the reverse.

edit on Kam33182vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday2331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I agree. This place is FULL OF IT.... Baddogmas cafe is is full hipsters, baetniks reading bad poetry, random ladies channelling a capuccino from the the Fae princess pretending to be a barista..... but I enjoy reading what people ask or answer in this little cafe full of speakers on the inane and drinkers of the mundane.

I think we can do without the under the influence postings and the aggressive disagreement calling peoples thoughts BS.

LET'S get back to our roots...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well said.
You rock zazz.

Getting back to our roots at the Meta Café...sounds like a Dylan song to me, lol.
jacy

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ok, time to put our host on the spot again.

I have been saying "souls" are the root of evil in the world, and I know that's provocative.

Now, I wish to see if you understand my points / disagree / and to let me amplify a bit.

Now,

From a very Earthy perspective, would you agree, that not trashing the planet, not running it out of oxygen, not destroying all life on it (we are undergoing the 6th great mass extinction, the Anthropocene), not having global wars would be a "good" thing?

Would you agree that when people fantasize about things they don't really understand, and then start wars over them, rather than taking care of the Earth, our life support system, that, that would be "bad"?

Would you agree that when people obsess about their "souls" (whatever those might be) and obsess about "Heaven", that perhaps all that ferocious intellectual and emotional energy might be well used to reverse all the damage that we are doing here on Earth?

Would you agree, that if one's view is "only the soul and heaven matters", that is quite problematic? ESPECIALLY if it's not proven to be true? Or even likely to be true?

If "Heaven and the Soul" is penultimate, but "god" doesn't clearly communicate the rules, then if that's actually how it is, then wouldn't that make "god" and "asshole"? There are 7 billion+ people on this Earth, and all 7 billion+ have a different opinion on "Heaven and Souls". Now how does that help anyone? How does that help us work together?

One might even postulate that there is a conspiracy or a "control loop" in operation. What do you say about that?

---- end of questions--- please answer all of them---

Now.. I have nothing against "souls". I'd say that we are part of the life-cycle of a greater life / The Universe.

Souls have a place. Not for "us" necessarily, but a place.. and I think a very good one.

Whatever grand plan has us creating souls with our bodies is "behind the veil".

I think that we have no choice but to play along.. it's our purpose.

But what we don't have to do.. is to build toxic souls that hate and destroy and which are full of
fanciful ideas which just aren't true. "God" is not an "asshole".

Personally I think that "we" are rooted in "Overworld" in a manner of speaking.. just not through "souls". But of course we die.. our hatred of broccoli does not go to "overworld", nor our "child abuse".

If you strip out all the negative from us, there is nearly nothing left; as "Love" and "Imagination" might be considered to be universal, and not "us" at all.

In the end, you come to realize like an enlightened Buddhist might realize, that there is no "us" "here", it's just the Universe going about it's business.

If you are a pure Buddhist anyway.. I have a little more to say than that.

I hope this post was helpful.

Kev

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I gave you a star for chutpah.

Ohh...thanks, how generous....

You know nothing about me whatsoever.

I know how you express yourself on ATS. I read all your threads, by the way. So...I indeed conclude you must be some kind of a genius wonder-boy, regarding to your own descriptions here on ATS. You said you've been a millionare even. Wow...

I'm known for being one of the kindest and most caring people anywhere.

Then...I'm wrong, of course. Mind caring for me and my companions and friends also? Or would that be too much to ask for? And in case you don't know to whom I'm refering: To humans who have a human soul. Soul I define as: being an individual, having a personal will (compared to sharing the will of a group or hive-mind), and being free to choose what to believe and who to associate with...ect. I could elaborate further on what a soul is.

I actively rescue animals and work with the homeless. I support the local battered womans shelter.

Good! "Mother" Theresa also worked with the under-previliged for some sort of reasons I doubt are benevolent. But that's a whole different topic all together.

And I LIVED together with a homeless guy for more than a year once, untill he got a job and got himself an appartement also. And I let another homeless men sleep in my appartement also later, but that did not work out so smoothly.

I raised a child to 17, and she turned out splendidly; kind and loving and intelligent.

Good! Then I appologize for calling you a bad father.

I'm saying NOTHING that Buddhism doesn't say, except I speak much more clearly, at least for those who appreciate a more scientific model.

So...you're an expert in buddhism? There are a lot of schools (of thought) in buddhism. You know them all?

I also speak more from a shamanistic model, which predated all those confused and incorrect notions about "souls". All the world's religions which promote "souls" are in fact the source evil in the world.

Being a true real (non black-magic) shaman AND being a millionare is an oxymoron. These two states of being don't go together. Ask me why if you are interested in me elaborating on it. By the way, I'm a shaman too. Inniciated by Frank Zappa in 1982 without knowing what it meant at the time he was delivering.

And finally, there IS a "larger spiritual aspect" within which man fits; I speak about that too.

Care to further elaborate on that one?

But I won't go roundy roundy with you.. if you don't like me or what I say, and don't care to educate yourself then by all means spaz out all you want or leave the thread. Everyone else in the thread has been quite willing to calmly discuss everything.

I'm as cool, calm and collected as one can be. I just don't deal in speaking in riddles or expressing myself indirectely. If I speak my mind in a way you find offensive, I appollogize for that, but will continue to express myself the way I do, because I think words on a screen can not hurt an adults feelings.

Let's keep talking about IT, Kev. I'm still interested in your perception of reality (species truth).

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join