It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The Ra stuff reminds me of the Ramtha stuff that reminds me of the Urantia stuff...

If you just want to be entertained by being confused, read that mess of a book. Seriously. You'll scratch your head wondering what the hell they're talking about.

EDIT: The thing I notice about that Ra/channeling stuff is it contains JUST enough stuff that's workable/real to lend crediblity to someone predisposed to believing it.

Ie; just like any scam or con....That's how you do it. Mix like 5-10% truth with the rest garbage, hawk it at people who want to believe...BOOM! Success! Just like my idea about the fancy painted telescopes Blaine and I should make. We'll put Rhinestones on them too, and claim that they're 'spectral interference accumulators' that help the telescope...

Not really, they're just cheap plastic doo-dads from Michael's craft store...
edit on 28-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM

and yet the subconscious mind is just the conscious that is not currently in focal awareness.

You can change and control that.

one step deeper is the unconscious mind. a highly controversial and heavily criticized concept from Freud that even a large demographic of freud followers have abandoned.

here's a wiki quote:
"Empirical evidence suggests that unconscious phenomena include repressed feelings, automatic skills, subliminal perceptions, thoughts, habits, and automatic reactions,[1] and possibly also complexes, hidden phobias and desires."

yeah that's great n all and yet there are cognitive exercises one can do to alter all of those. let's look at dreams. people can control those willfully often. let's look at phobias. I had a dog phobia growing up. i got over it. desires. I work in an office building with a lot of scantily clad good looking women. and yet I can repress the urge to make mook mook with them and dry hump desks when they walk by howling like a feral ape. The thought pops up and yet I have will power. guess I was able to defeat the space plasma parasites somehow and wrestle control over my unconscious impulses. but how!?!??????

don't confuse autonomic life sustaining functions with the unconcious "mind" like Freud did. the rest is just sub conscious and conscious. or as folks have often said in response to freud sometimes a cigar is just a cigar there's nothing deeper going on.

yeah our senses and perceptions can deceive us and often repress us. nobody worth their salt thinks the subconscious or even the unconscious functions the way it does because it's guided by sentient plasma dictating our will.

the subconscious functions as a feedback loop. it spits back out to us what we've fed it, whether knowingly or not. the subconscious and the conscious mind work together as a convection cell. it's not one directional.

hell lets look at stuff that's normally unconsciously controlled like the pulse. Soldiers and deep sea divers can train themselves to control those. I know Buddhist monks that through meditation have learned superb control over their nervous system. I personally know a guy who can dilate his eyes at will on command any time any where. so sorry if a bunch of shamans and spaced out people you know can't do the same, and are grasping at straws desperatly and blame their failings on some made up sentient plasma. guess they weren't as skilled and wise as you thought.

so gee it looks like on most things even control over autonomous functions the unconscious controls normally like oh I don't know heart rates, sympathetic nervous system responses are well within our ability to have will power over.

reality, minus the fundamental forces of physics (which even sentient space plasma would be on equal grounds with human because of and no more leveraging), is governed by your perceptions. your perceptions are governed by your
your attention and observational standpoint which is a product of your ego and you have will power to control much of that.

otherwise things like cognitive therapy wouldn't exist now would they.

but your right, take a false premis of sentient space plasma cruelly controlling our will, run with it desperately as a placeholder for your frustrations until it manifests as preserverant cognition compensatory social schizophrenia. that's a great solution.

a little psychology 101

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
So who here is ready for some ghost and wraith stories!?!

next up bassplyr wraith encounter. it's a shorter story so it will come first. then I'll talk about the haunted house growing up since it's multiple incidents. and it involves a house that's been sold off over the last few years to multiple celebrities. so I gotta be careful how much detail I give as to location and such when writing about the place.
edit on 28-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Execute the yarn spinnin' sir... wraith is a cool word all by itself... and attached to a true story? Unbeatable.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM

Displaced aggression.

I've studied lots of psychology too.

Various of your points are in the ballpark, but accessing all that gunk consciously has been tried for millenia.

I know that the things I say often dredge up existential angst responses. That is the very reason nearly all spirituality and religion is a sham....they dampen those feelings by lying...

This stuff is like Fermis Paradox "great filters";

Perhaps even an immune response from the control use Vallee's words.

Or it's time for me to stop whizzing in the wading pool. It's always challenging to know when to head out.

People say they want to know this sort of stuff....but they really don't.

They want to hear that Scotty is going to beam them up....and hold their breath until someone does.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I like your honesty.

You are certainly correct.

What mix of realism and what mix of agree with almost anything to build group bonding do
You run with?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:53 PM

there you go again, all preseverative coupled with passive aggressive displacement of personal frustrations and angst. using neologisms n everything. the circular logic to your proclamations is pretty spectacular.

a good step to growing out of whizzing in the wading pool and molesting the kiddies therein, is to learn to share and be less narcassistic by not steamrolling every thread with your pet theory while simultaneously throwing vieled jabs condescendingly at everyone who doesn't drink your koolaid and reinforce your view of parasitic pixy dust Infecting all things sentient in the universe and controlling them like some brain slug out of a scifi horror movie.

I guess I'm just not enlightened enough to understand.

now can we please get back to the thread topic and not each other. cause tacitly demanding others via condensation to agree with you isn't so enlightened either.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:20 PM

You are projecting.

But that aside I only have been posting here by request.

I don't have any one favorite theory.....I have hundreds of observations....with varying degrees of accuracy like anyone.

I normally discuss 'plasma' when it comes to UFO encounters.

Now the charge of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is an interesting one. Of course if you ever met me you would retract that.

I certainly am confident however....due to long years of being 'forged' by difficult life circumstances....

I do think that in consideration of the present misunderstanding on your part regarding my character and motivations, I will accede to
Your request and stop speaking in this thread
Unless spoken to first.

Again thank you for your courage in confronting a strong personality...I respect that character trait in you.

Not one hard feeling of any to me,
IM me or use my personal email address at any time.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
look kev,

if youre here by request then please stay. it's not my thread. for all I know I could be the unwanted Interloper here.

that being said. keep an open mind yourself. you seem to feel you have it all figured out and anyone disagreeing is a fool.

I disagree with that obviously.

I simply feel that the answer to issues of high strangeness don't lie in the solution being out of our hand.

the mind is incredibly powerful and sophisticated. it's our greatest tool. one we barely understand. its a double edged sword, always has been. the same knowledge and power of will and self reflection that makes us human and with it that virtuoistic perceptive adaptability can free us individually and collectively, or enslave us. and it's all based on our ego and how we choose what shapes our perspective and attention.

personally I see a almost nihilistic existential angst in you. I personally feel your posts are like a person who's grown bitter about life went looking for answers, hit a wall and found a convieniet scape goat. found it easier to say i (ergo we) have no control or free will and gave up. Blamed that angst on sentient plasmas. I feel that's a cop out. there are solutions to everything including the mysteries of our conscious and existance. we certainly have will. we've gone from swinging through trees and grunting to flying to the moon. and stunningly fast. and it's all due to humanistic will. and we haven't exactly slowed down with that talent either. have you looked around? blaming things on brain pixies has gone the way of the dodo.

humanity has free will. we all do. it's what makes us better than some sentient space plasma.

now I ask you stick around. put in your 2 cents. but quit with the I've got it figured out my way or the highway approach. no more underhanded snipes about others obviously not getting your wisdom. if you got the wisdom then you wouldn't be so agenda driven with literally all your posts. it's that perseverant cognition thing surfacing again. acting like an arrogant know it all and being actually enlightened are juxtaposed.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
I'm open to a ghost/wraith story if you're still willing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:26 PM

The only 'agenda' I've had is to work with Baddogma if he wants to.

I said that up front.

As far as being bitter....I discovered that religion, conventional spirituality and even UFOs are a multi thousand year scam.

I discovered that the kundalini 'cult' that I was in and 5000 years of secret kundalini knowledge was a 'conspiracy' basically.

Now....could I be projecting some of that?

Of course.

But I found extreme happiness....warts and all...
It was very jarring though....I've repeatedly discussed that.

You will note that I discuss the slippery nature of truth and reality nearly constantly...

I scorn using words at all except as a tool.

I tell people not to take 'shamans' too seriously....__scroll back it's there).

I'm 100% dead honest.

But I will not apologize for hard won
Unfolding....with which I paid for with
50 years of my life...I've had a 100%
Sacrifice/obsession until I deemed
I had finished that leg of the journey.

I don't want others to suffer like I did...

But of Course I could be 100% wrong...

But again that's not how the game is
Played.....a 'good story'..especially
A 54 year one is PRECIOUS.

Anybody's is..

I trash my scientific reputation every
Time I open my mouth...

But I do it out of love.

I guess you don't believe me.

As I said....I'm going into respond
Only mode..

Again obviously are
A caring person to put yourself
Into what you perceive to be

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:06 PM
Good morning everyone, this is my first stop in the morning along with a cuppa good strong Douwe Egberts, in my attempts to shrug off those pesky+ ever so tenacious tendrils of sleepiness that cling on for dear life

Will share some later in the day re a type of meditation i used to do- a Very lightweight meditation, mind you-i seem to lack the mental focus for the serious and intense med. Or it' s mental laziness, maybe. Either way my meditation Lite, as in coke Lite
yielded some interesting results.

Back to mr.Egberts, wish everyone a goodly day

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:06 PM
dang now....I was down there on page 9 and reading posts on God.......what about logic to define God.

in our reality, our minds short circuit on thoughts of infinity....or the beginning of time.

so who are we and where did we come from....what are we....the only Scripture that addresses this is the Bible. We can't say in the beginning there were two acorns in a tree and they became that Hindi...? we can't start with trees just existing with acorns even.....and then build a reality from there.....where did the tree come from....

aliens can't create us as gods....who created them.....they can't be our gods....we can't become enlightened and ascend.....we can't imagine the first step in creating a reality....or the idea of LOVE being paramount....or create a living being.....too much chemistry and magic..... in this world for some reason......the model of planet dwellers teaching the generations as they come through, and learning spiritual and moral stuffs....what a reality we have here.

There exists a proposedly love letter from God....the is in a league by itself.....really supernatural magical help. Isn't that what we look for...supernatural something to happen in our lives or we'll just croak from boredom and has an answer for everything that can possibly happen in your life. ( my favorite: if someone steals from you , do not worry....forget about it, and this is the cool part....and do not try to get it back....) I mean...really cool

I have more,,,but know....the king james version......all the other versions are leaving out the critical thoughts....I mean the NIV leaves out the verses....and OH...those verses are the ones that are this reality is boning us....someone really doesn't want that message printed....could that chat lady....SATAN...?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM

I discovered that the kundalini 'cult' that I was in and 5000 years of secret kundalini knowledge was a 'conspiracy' basically.

I didn't read whole thread yet, just last few pages and OP.
but I wander why did you state that this is a "conspiracy"? What do you think exactly regarding kundalini. I would like to hear it from you/shaman : )

maybe later I will share some of my views on some subjects, but not now as it is getting late for me and I don't have the energy to write. But as a spiritual guy who mingles with this stuff in depth I am very interested in this thread and all of yours opinions. From my knowledge I like the most what Buddhism (mahamudra and mahayana) teaches but I am not affiliated with any religion and I am open to all opinions. Learning is the key and not affiliations with some organizations or groups of people in my opinion...

And also so far you all are doing an amazing job at posting. Thanks all for sharing and please share some more!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:07 AM

originally posted by: UniFinity

I didn't read whole thread yet, just last few pages and OP.
but I wander why did you state that this is a "conspiracy"? What do you think exactly regarding kundalini. I would like to hear it from you/shaman : )

maybe later I will share some of my views on some subjects, but not now as it is getting late for me and I don't have the energy to write. But as a spiritual guy who mingles with this stuff in depth I am very interested in this thread and all of yours opinions. From my knowledge I like the most what Buddhism (mahamudra and mahayana) teaches but I am not affiliated with any religion and I am open to all opinions. Learning is the key and not affiliations with some organizations or groups of people in my opinion...

And also so far you all are doing an amazing job at posting. Thanks all for sharing and please share some more!

I spent something like 25 years on the edge of the "cult" and something like "15 years" actively participating, including studying all the modern and ancient texts on the subject. Researching the process. Being quizzed (HARD) by the head of the organization in the USA... groomed for more.. told that I was expected to "help save the world" (never believe that kind of talk).

Had (as expected) many "out of control" episodes.. and many "good ones"; until finally, the "process broke through my skull plate sutures and "left".

That last line there really creeps out the religious folks... but it's completely consistent with Hatha Kundalini lore accounts from ancient times. You almost never hear about it in modern times.

But anyway.

I won't go into the conspiracy aspect in any detail in this post, but the 'reality' of what had happened had no connection to all the wonderful stories about 'enlightenment'; in fact I was shattered by the loss of what I had considered "my soul".

All the old stories make it sound like it's YOU that suddenly "ascends" and "leaves the body" to go to some wonderful paradise of enlightened beings which lecture the deities who are in awe of them (these are the old cultural stories of India).

What they neglect to tell you, is who YOU really ARE, and who becomes and does not become "Enlightened".

The whole thing is the most disillusioning thing imaginable.. it crushes flat all the theosophy and new age nonsense in two seconds flat. (which is its purpose I'd imagine, at least in part).

I thought I was going to die.. to go from so "full" and "radiant" to so empty and discarded...

I had no teacher for had happened.. no written reference materials. Nothing.

I had to figure it out on my own what had happened, and whether it was a good or an evil thing.

It was neither actually.

I like to say that the very basis of "enlightenment" for the human host, is to learn the actual nature of the human being and their relationship to the larger Universe around them.

But its rather like "Hitchhikers Guide and the "Total Perspective Vortex". Does one REALLY want to discover what the Universe thinks about them, and their place in it.

People think that humans are the pinnacle of everything.. and that there is some secret get out of jail card that they can attain..

That's the "conspiracy" -- to cause humans to want to do this procedure.. or at least part of it.. I really don't know how many people are insane enough to go "all the way". So I can't imagine that the "final stage" is common at all.. or necessary.. but for near-immortal beings across near-infinite universes, I guess that once in a blue moon might be enough.

I'm not saying that's ALL humans are good for.. to birth a "divine child"... and maybe the human is "supposed to die afterwards" .. maybe i'm too mean to die.. or maybe I wanted to "stay behind" and do service.

Hard to say with 100% certainty.

But I'm certain that this tale has never been told before.. not this openly.. that it would typically NEVER be told to anyone.

Or I'm terribly mistaken.

There you go.

5 years ago now..

And my background is in computer and nuclear technology.. every time i open my mouth about anything "unusual" I don't help my case for being a self-professed skeptic of UFOs, Aliens and most facets of the so-called paranormal, which I still am..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:06 AM

Oh I love You💜💗💖💕💞

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
Ok here's some general weirdness that i promised in my half-awake post earlier

I used to do this type of meditation(if one could call it that) just an intuitive shamanic type of thing. I would sit outside,think of nothing,trying to keep my mind clear. For no other reason other than that it felt like the right thing to do,i would always position myself so that (with closed eyes) the sunlight filtering through the tree branches,especially when it was slightly windy,would fall on my closed eyelids.

For some reason in that exact position,i would start seeing symbols,as if they were appearing on my closed eyelids,like the insides of my closed lids were screens/a screen. Will attempt to post the first pic here,before continuing,because one of those symbols caused a very strange thing to happen.

Now the symbol in the upper left corner,appeared on my eyelid-screen as pulsating and bright ketchup-red. Anyway,i got the other symbols in this pic on that occasion too. In black. Including the blocks,which someone later pointed out to me resembled DNA sequencing or somesuch. After a while i finished my "meditation" and went about my day. Later in the afternoon,we were driving into the town for some groceries,i was in the passenger seat,the hubby was driving. That symbol top left,the red pulsating one from my morning meditation,suddenly popped into the forefront of my mind,like i was seeing it in front of me again. And suddenly it was like the world "shifted" ever so slightly. All other colours faded,with everything red becoming super-prominent. Like those lovely old photo's where everything is this soft pastel/sepia-ish and then there would be a flower or something in bright colour? i forget the proper term for that type of photographic processing.

And this went on for about half an hour,as i got out of the car to enter the supermarket too,the world just felt "different" in a way i cannot describe. Not creepy in any way,or disturbing,just so weird and Different.

Another thing,my son who was about 4/5 at the time,said something so odd when he saw this page. The notebook i'd drawn the signs in,were laying on the one kitchen counter,the book was closed. I was by the other counter and asked him to just fetch the book and bring it to me,i was busy with something but wanted the book,i used it for shopping lists etc also.So he brought me the book,and as he put it down,it happened to fall open by two specific pages,one of which was the pic above. I think i folded the book double when writing it down,idk but it happened to fall open by those pages. He briefly glanced at the page in the pic above,and casually as he walked away he said: "That's a medical word you speak with the aliens"

I'm adding more pics of symbols i got while doing this "meditation" Maybe someone can make heads or tails of it.None of these had the effect of the one i mentioned earlier,i just post them for interest's sake.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 29-1-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:16 AM

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: jacygirl

The Ra material is 100% crap.

I formally request that you stop that STO stuff right now!!!! me a service by doing that. (evil grin).

Your "cup" is empty honey.

You will botch giving to others if you are
Starving yourself and patting yourself on the back for being a good little victim.

Good morning everybody. Just got caught up, thanks to all for the delicious read!

Kev...I don't subscribe to the Ra stuff, lol.
I do however give much thought to different theories that I encounter, and decide which information I may 'tend to agree with'.
I'm also not a "good little victim". I'm not a victim when I choose my own behaviour.

I have come to one conclusion, and that is that there are 2 types of people in this world.
Those who care about other people...and those who don't.

Obviously the people in power, fall into the 2nd category. Obviously.

I don't choose to care (I choose my behaviour)... it's been a part of my heart...the organ that formed first...before I took my first breath. I have always been this way. It doesn't make me a victim, but it DOES make me feel rather alone at times, because everyone else is "looking after #1". Okay, not everyone...but in my world....nearly everyone.

I can 'feel' what others need from me. Children, the elderly, animals...I have no problem giving them what they need. Adult humans? If they are without empathy & compassion....they get very little from me now.

My journey started long ago. It's funny that, as I've aged...I still seem to have a ridiculous childish innocence/naivete that makes people want to pat me on the head. It's okay, but as a deep thinker...I need to have discussions (like this thread).

Comments to everyone else will come later, after much more coffee has been consumed.
edit on 29-1-2016 by jacygirl because: ugh

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:34 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

Hii Jacygirl, just wanted to say, i loved hearing of your conversation with the spider
i adore jumping spiders and am lucky to always have one or next to my bed on the nightstand. I had to put a spider out of it's misery recently- one of those very " flat' looking spiders. I saw it was down to just 2 legs
must have had a run-in with one of our kittens. I found it unbearable to see it like that

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:07 AM

Heh, and everyone has an agenda and everyone posting here is fallible, flawed and deeply, wonderfully human... and thanks for keeping the disdain somewhat civil, sir... everything is a mix of motivations/delusions/group think and truth.

I like you... and I like Kev, and having you guys spar is like having my family fight... picture me with big, wet eyes and a quivering lip.

Anyway, please, please tell those stories when you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>