It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The Ra material is 100% crap.

I formally request that you stop that STO stuff right now!!!! Please....do me a service by doing that. (evil grin).

Your "cup" is empty honey.

You will botch giving to others if you are
Starving yourself and patting yourself on the back for being a good little victim.

Ok?

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Correcto mundo good buddy.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Misunderstanding.

Sometimes the group of 'entities' who work together for millions to trillions of years want to head off to new universes.

When they seek the 'exit' they send out probes into the 4% crust we live in and at least in this world they start with one path or the other.

But 'leaving' is optional....and neither evolved nor unevolved.

You may just be perfect just the way you are.

I'm the defective one...I just know it and can articulate it....which can sometimes be helpful.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Eh? I never thought I'd misunderstood that much.

Sometimes the group of 'entities' who work together for millions to trillions of years want to head off to new universes.

Ok, I'm following you.

When they seek the 'exit' they send out probes into the 4% crust we live in and at least in this world they start with one path or the other. But 'leaving' is optional....and neither evolved nor unevolved.

Now I'm not, I'm missing a big chunk of your theory. What are you thinking? Are there only two paths/ways of being? Speak slowly, as if to a child...it's late here.

No,no, you're far from defective - you've got a very interesting take on life, I'm intrigued, but you've had longer to think about your theory than me. I feel like I'm about 20 steps behind you.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That advice (although pretty "Satany" to some, heh) is something I have to remember myself... it's so much easier to make others happy... to the exclusion of oneself, and if you are miserable, how can you spread any joy-juice?

Anyway, another *profound thought alert* in a thread chock full of them (and not just from you, mr ego, heh).

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It's not just that you are in a late zone, Bean... exactly my thoughts... so clarity, mr shaman, clarity and stupid talk.. .we's just mutant chimps here, remember.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And sure, that RA stuff might be true crap, but I found it had a use for folks who never thought out much before... it get's one asking interesting questions... the answers offered might be crap, though... but then I read it when I was younger and dumber... so what do I know?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thank you Baddog, I'm thinking 'what's he saying here?' Have I gone mad?

You were saying earlier, and there's been so much good stuff said so far, that if we defined our terms specifically, we would probably be closer in line with each other than we all appear to be. There are a myriad of words at our disposal, there must be some magic combinations that can convey the message clearly, for everyone. I'm sure we can find some.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Alright who here wants to hear about Bassplyr's crazy Satori/Kensho experience from a few years ago? . . .( Looks around the room smiling at a bunch of quizzical faces) . . . That's OK cause I'm gunna talk about it anyways.

So Satori according to Wiki is the enlightenment one receives when experiencing Ken Sho while practicing Chan (Chinese)/Zon (Korean)/Zen (Japanese) Buddhist Meditation. Ken = to see, Sho = Essence or Nature. I feel the same experience is universal to all humans and religions or spiritual practices. Monks and Nuns call it "being one with god", etc...

Scientists studying the human brain via MRI of various religious practitioners from Catholic Nuns to Buddhist Monks while meditating and in the state of experiencing this phenomena noticed an interesting change in the parts of the brain that were active and de-active. They discovered that a part of the brain that's responsible for determining where your body is spatially and where that ends and the rest of the universe starts (ie the proprioception - meaning "one's own", "individual," and capio, capere, to take or grasp) would shut down and in doing so the body could not recognize where it started and stopped and where the universe began and ended in relation to them. Ie... they felt like they had dissolved or atomized and became one or a part of everything, at one with the universe.

So there I was mid 20's, unemployed, semi care free (although internally depressed) and enough free time to experiment with meditation. Of course being a smart ass I figured I don't need no direction, I'm gunna make up my own meditation techniques, see what happens.

SO here's what I would do and how one day it lead to a very strange yet satisfying experience. I would drive up to Lake Hollywood. It's up near the Hollywood sign. Near-ish. Anyways. There is a cute dog park up there with decent parking. So I'd park there and find a deer trail just off the road, take that a hundred feet or so into the hillside, find a comfortable place and plop down to meditate. I'd do this twice a week or so.

All sorts of interesting things would happen when you sit very still for hours. Birds land on you. Squirrels would hang out right next to you seemingly oblivious.

My method was as follows:

I'd close my eyes while sitting upright in a comfortable position.

To "warm up" I'd use a popular technique where I'd slow my breathing and brain by breathing in slowly and fully counting to 4. Hold my breath for four then exhale for 4. Then I'd with no air count to 4 and repeat until I felt like I was in the "zone."

Next, I'd focus on just one sound. Say a particular bird singing or chirping. After a few minutes I'd add a second sound and try and focus on both at the same time and equally. Say now the sound of a distant lawn mower and the bird singing. When I had that down I'd add one more stimuli and so on. Eventually I'd open my eyes and include that stimuli to my focus. The goal was to use all my senses equally and un-compromised at once. Basically, making my self as much of a zero impedance conduit for my senses as possible. Not sure what I'd figure I'd achieve with this. Maybe heightened senses. Who knows I was in my 20's.

I got pretty good at getting to this hyper aware state during my meditation sessions.

Then one day after going at it for like 2 hours. Something strange, exhilarating and very unexpected happened.

I saw a flash and felt a sudden sense of rapid acceleration and movement as if I was just catapulted into the air or something. But it was my soul or consciousness that was zooming out of my body. Instantly I wasn't seeing things through my own eyes anymore. I was flying in and out of the branches of a old oak tree residing several hundred feet down in a canyon below me. Zipping in and between the branches like a sparrow, orbiting the tree and viewing it from multiple angles. I noticed the knots in the wood, the scars, the little sucker branches growing out in odd places. Everything was in technicolor vividness.

Then, as if I couldn't maintain this any longer or as if my concentration broke, I was instantly back in my body back up on the hillside and sitting there stunned, and at the same time very enlightened feeling somehow.

My body was tingling and I slowly got up and walked back to my car.

My mind for several minutes afterwards was like on a high from the experience. I was at peace, understanding and able to grasp ideas and concepts I never had before, energized, but calm, and feeling deeply connected to everything at once.

I achieved momentarily Satori.

The feeling I experienced that day is still hard to fully describe. To me it felt Profound somehow. I often wonder what that was all about. I had never noticed that tree before. I had never hiked down there before. I had no knowledge of that trees details.

Later that day I took the 45 minutes to hike down the canyon to that tree. I walked around that tree and even from my perspective from the ground I could see the knots, scars and branches. They were exactly as I saw them during that brief episode of Kensho. I still am astounded that I could see accurately the individual details of that old Oak Tree.

I have never been able to have a repeat of the experience and strangely stopped meditating shortly after that for a long time until I met a Buddhist Monk who got me back into meditation briefly a decade later. But that was Dharma Meditation and the effects were very different, although beneficial.

So was this some type of super detailed and accurate remote viewing? Was I experiencing an out of body experience? Was I able for a moment to tap into and share the experiences of some small bird living in that tree? Was my consciousness sailing the space time continuum or travelling through the Dirac sea like photons popping in and out of some Jayne's Cummings Lattice to some distant location? Was my conscious dropping it's ego and seeing the Universe as it is for once? Was the knowledge available to me through that vision because the Universe is holographic in nature and everything is everywhere and all data of everything is IN everything?

It's interesting that the simple act of essentially turning off my ego also allowed me to participate in the universe as a whole. How I stopped perceiving my self and started to perceive EVERYTHING as myself and myself also as nothing more than a tiny speck of something much larger.

More importantly will bassplyr ever be able to achieve something like that again? Even for just another well rewarding instant of a moment.

Next up! Bassplyr's crazy stories of growing up in a haunted house!

Or, would the thread members rather hear about the time me and a "wraith," for lack of a better term, made eye contact and stared at each other befuddled for a few seconds in my back yard as a teenager before mutually deciding to go our separate ways. Both seemingly as baffled by the experience. Also something that occurred during a meditation session.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Both house and wraith for me, please.

Wow, that was quite a story and you described it really well. I saw your 'oak' tree too, you're good at telling stories. You reminded me of a similar-ish time, when I was giving birth. I remember the midwife saying 'push' and for seconds? minutes? I have no idea, but for some time, I had no idea if I was supposed to push or be pushed. I couldn't figure out which one I was.
It was the strangest thing, and like you say, a kind of perception not of self as an individual, but self as greater than 'I'. It was weird.

You gave a list of possibilities: remote viewing, out of body experience, parallel shared experience etc. I'm curious as to which one you think is the most likely?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The growing up in a haunted house one sounds interesting. I'd read it if you want to share.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Everything is in One of three states:

1) moving towards more individualized
2) in equilibrium
3) moving towards less individualized

All 3 phases are awesome.

The Universe has no preferred State and
Chunks of it form, "live" and dissolve...
With "personal identity" being in
Constant flux ---- with No preferred
Or mandatory state or path.

Lack of consciousness at all is also a big chunk of it...and that's cool too --- its called rest.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You been ignoring your homework

*big scary frown*

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm also a mutant chimp. I just understand my mutation.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I never said that crap doesn't have it's uses.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You might wanna hang up the bass and pick up a pen, sir (though I don't think I've heard your bassplaying, unless you're some 'name' hiding out here, heh) .. .but a well told tale.

I have only brushed such experiences due to chemicals, and thus haven't had the staggering effect a sober experience like that would impart... my own involved a hawk in a canyon... though I believe ya, as I've simply heard it reported too much to write it off as fancy... or pure fancy, as everyone's experiences are 99% fancy (as in flights of).

Thanks for the offering and YES to all the other experiences.

edit on 1/28/2016 by Baddogma because: grammar is atrocious

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Meh, my homework is coming.. .can't break my big brain or reveal the big stuff too soon, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

You gave a list of possibilities: remote viewing, out of body experience, parallel shared experience etc. I'm curious as to which one you think is the most likely?

It's possible all of them are descriptions of the same mechanism. Is the brain able to sense and interact with one of he fundamental forces on a quantum level. Birds are acutely aware of electro magnetism and can detect minute changes in it. It's how they know which way is north and south and which direction to migrate. Could humans, all sentient life on earth in fact, have some unacknowledged ability to sense electro magnetic forces on a quantum level? Could that connection allow for access to a possibly holographic nature of the universe and allow such phenomena as Kensho, out of body experiences, remote viewing, esp etc...

On a side note. I'd like to talk about free will just briefly. Could it be that the Ego is what takes away our free will. Is our ego the real parasite out there stopping us from being free? Folks, We have free will. We can't control everything in the universe, Nobody and nothing can, cause there's still those fundamental forces and we have to abide by their rules. Even the parasites. But as a wise man once said. Knowing is half the battle. knowing that Ego often (not always) dictates what we see, perceive and can achieve. Learning to put it aside just briefly from time to time is sometimes all we need to be let out of the cage and run truly free. Even if for just a moment. let yourself go.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The "left hand path" clears The ghosts out the hardware, so you learn who you really are....

That way you can be genuinely loving to others without trying to force them to convert to your religion in the lying guise of it being STO.

The ugly truth is that STO and the right hand path is nearly universally a bad idea to do first.

Take the log out of your own eye....THEN
Help others if you feel like it.

The LHP is not "Satany" ..it's sacred.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

We have no control over the playing field on any 10 different levels.

Even our brains 'betray us', as 99.9% of thought is decided for us before it ever trickles to The conscious level.

The conscious level is an after the fact confabulation we are fed from the unconscious level.

The sooner people learn to deal with that, the better.
Its a hard lesson.

Kev

This is neuroligy & physiology 101.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join