It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

There Is 'massive cosmic love' on multiple levels. But Earth is peopled by scared hurting animals undergoing the sixth great mass extinction...
So most people haven't had the luxury to interact with those layers.

Sux. I've not cared for that for over 50 years.

We can only do our best as the visitors that we are.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Suicide is never the option.

The pain a person is going through that makes them consider that option is the same pain that will eventually make them stronger.

The path to get to the light at the end of the tunnel seems convoluted and deceiving in how it often seems to take one step back for every step forward, but eventually to you do come to that light. What you experienced to get there will make your soul bigger, deeper and brighter. Pain makes you strong not weak. That's why you feel it in the first place.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"Reality is a group effort because the one who is two enjoys being three or more".

Could spend a million words on that sentence and over time people have.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Welcome BASSPLYR... agreed.

As someone who has had a series of 'dark nights of the soul' and is generally a depressive, all I can do is practically point to suicides who seem to end up stuck in the same situation they were attempting to avoid, as "ghosts," yet are then powerless to change as a non-physical, and so might well become unchanging points of pain ... way more hellish than simply enduring and changing what may be changed when physical.

No kidding.. .this world can suck deeper than most even suspect and I seem to spend most of my time talking smart, sensitive folks (and some dumb, mean lumps, too!) outta suicide ... we are all slowly expiring anyway, so why rush an inevitable process... unless avoiding disease and an excessively painful death, that is.. .hard to argue against assisted suicide in specific instances. But it isn't outta the question that we're "supposed" to endure that, too.

eta: wanted to add, that house I rented where the previous tenant had committed suicide.. .one interpretation of the broken cross is someone finding themselves still "alive" and there in the house, and they had come from a religious background, and maybe that outburst against the cross wasn't some evil spirit condemning a holy icon, but a frustrated essence caught in between and telling me that religions are bunk... and that what he expected never panned out... who knows.
edit on 1/27/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Good response.

Kev

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Humans have "apparent" but not "actual" free will.
It's a really long story based upon neurology and physics.
It's not really up for debate.. google Anthony Libet and more
modern researchers.

But we ALL enjoy "our apparent free will", so don't sweat it.
It's for the best to pretend that you have free will, just like
"god" does, and get on with life. (I ALWAYS put "god" in
double quotes and people still wig out).

But yes.. what usually happens to people who are "in bed" with the
"Trickster" is that they fight and struggle and do what people do,
then at a later time are often "shown" that they never had any
real choice anyway.

The cheeky bastard.

So one can afford to have that big stupid grin.

As for the spleen stuff.. people have SUCH trouble with "boundaries"
when it comes to "their being".

Only of course NOBODY owns "anything".

Everything is a rental.

Really our personalities are a giant parasite on these bodies we find
ourselves in.. the brain consumes like 40% of the total energy of the
system.. and people don't even know where they come from.. and
why personalities exist in the first place.. but get all super possessive
about them. (science here.. not 'mysticism for most of the basis of
this).

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here's an anecdote re one's connection with nature,something that happened to me with my daughter as witness. This was both comical and deeply sacred.

I was sitting in my yard and admittedly was engaging in self-pitying thoughts. I noticed a dungbeetle about 2 meters from where i was sitting, by the time i noticed it,it had been coming along in a straight line,rolling his lil bit of dung out before him.

I was watching him and by the time he was about a meter ahead of the place i was sitting, i said self-pityingly: "Yaa lil dungbeetle,join the club, my life is a real s#@t salad"

And as soon as the words were out of my mouth- that dungbeetle stopped Dead In It's Tracks. And turned around and started coming straight towards me. And kept on coming.

My daughter and i looked at each other with our mouths hanging open and said to each other something along the lines of: You SEE that too? This is really happening!?!

When it got to me,it kept walking around my feet,just "hanging out" To say we were gobsmacked and in awe would be an understatement,we were blown away..just one of The most sacred moments of my life.

I figured it was a message from Earth itself. Point being,if you have the right attitude even a life that includes a lot of s#@t ,if you keep your eyes and mind open,there are moments of upliftment and wonder in every day. Well i believe that Earth is a living,sentient entity,so that was my take on this experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

In mythology dung beetles represent wisdom and eternal life.

But You had me at sung.

Great story.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My internet crashed last night...it tends to do that when I'm enjoying myself.

I am not suicidal. I was only interested in hearing some different & non-religious ideas on whatever 'repercussions' people believe. (I am a care-giver person in my life...I see a lot of broken people after suicides. I would never inflict that on my children.)
BASSPLYR...Yes, the pain has made me stronger.

Wow, happy to read the phrase 'dark night of the soul' lol. I've written it a few times myself (in replies here) and then deleted for fear of sounding too "New Agey".

Kev, I wrote you a long reply last night that crashed. On a lighter note, I just called my personality a 'parasite' and now I'm sitting here giving myself 'stink-eye'.

Raxoxane...I always enjoy reading your stuff! You had me at 'gobsmacked', lol.
I once had a mental conversation with a spider. We debated who was more scared of the other, then I asked him to leave and he did.

I have a question about this sixth great mass extinction.
Is this a cyclical occurrence? (as opposed to intentional?)

jacy

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Pressing F5 like mad here just to see if there are new entries. Great thread, sorry that I have nothing to contribute (yet).
Starred, flagged, favorited and subscribed

edit on 28-1-2016 by z00mster because: style

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
My internet crashed last night...it tends to do that when I'm enjoying myself.

I am not suicidal. I was only interested in hearing some different & non-religious ideas on whatever 'repercussions' people believe. (I am a care-giver person in my life...I see a lot of broken people after suicides. I would never inflict that on my children.)
BASSPLYR...Yes, the pain has made me stronger.

Wow, happy to read the phrase 'dark night of the soul' lol. I've written it a few times myself (in replies here) and then deleted for fear of sounding too "New Agey".

Kev, I wrote you a long reply last night that crashed. On a lighter note, I just called my personality a 'parasite' and now I'm sitting here giving myself 'stink-eye'.

Raxoxane...I always enjoy reading your stuff! You had me at 'gobsmacked', lol.
I once had a mental conversation with a spider. We debated who was more scared of the other, then I asked him to leave and he did.

I have a question about this sixth great mass extinction.
Is this a cyclical occurrence? (as opposed to intentional?)

jacy

The purpose of the personality is to keep track of social position and track other members of the human hierarchical dominance structure. (science). But humans confuse that with "souls", which are yet another structure of which we have no direct PERSONAL need.

When you subtract out the personality, which is a social adaptation parasite,
and subtract out the soul, which is a 96% of the unseen universe parasite,

then you are left with the "Universe", which is all that ever existed in the first place, with our programmed in "appearance of free will", which is our consolation prize for playing... we may as well enjoy it to the max... it's why any good Shaman has a killer sense of humor and likes to party..

But if it's any consolation "god" is in the same situation... has no free will whatsoever.. not one single drop.. so does the "appearance of free will thing" too.. by living through "us".

It's really early Buddhism 101.

When faced with terrible pain.. you can ponder those words.. and realize that even the "living" are "dead" in a manner of speaking.. there is no point in taking away all the fun.. "the appearance of free will".. is the only game in town period.
We may as well enjoy it.

As far as the Anthropocene era extinction.. it's caused by converting the entire world into a disposable, plastic waste dump, and killing all the plants and animals, so that we humans can be more comfortable for a few hundred years before we go extinct and make the top 1% of us rich.

I know that some folks will want to argue with me.. and that's their apparent free will...I wouldn't want to take that away from them for the entire world.. but just because someone hasn't done their homework, is no reason for me to be perturbed.

;-)

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

"Definitions of terms" is the monkey wrench in the human information machine, and if folk's terms were properly defined, there would be less disagreement in general and realizations folks were all on the same pages, just using different languages, which occurred to me reading your post...

and if everyone absorbed your views (or Mystiks, or any other partially enlightened being, heh) and rolled with it, the results would be ...er, less exciting. Mass "enlightenment" would create a reality more like a French indie flick, while most humans prefer a reality more like a 'shoot-em-up with explosions' flick... thus our tragic human death spiral into environmental suicide while a somber subset warns in vain like chicken littles...

And I awoke and remembered a dream for the first time in months... and it involved a neighbor committing suicide by hanging from a tree in my front yard and me dealing with the weepy aftermath ... gotta stop reading these dark threads before nappy time... too impressionable!

eta: hopefully it isn't a premonition, though odds are some neighbor is suicidal, being Earth and all.

edit on 1/28/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/28/2016 by Baddogma because: caught "their" for "there" and ego demanded a fix

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

Odd that all posting here (except the host, perhaps, to attempt humbleness) are engaging and even brilliant... and yeah, I've been popping some corn and reading avidly, too... so thanks for contributing, all, your host is humbled and floored and can't wait for the next fascinating persona to give us a flash of their mental naughty parts before running and watching from the bushes.

For the folks intimidated by the big ol' brains on display, or for the ones laughing at the puny humans and their fumbling for understanding of cosmic truth, know the invitation to post is standing for EVERYONE, as long as politeness is observed.

Do not fear saying something embarrassing.. .this is anonymous and if you really say something you regret, well, you can always change avatars and start again, heh...

eta: I'm sorta hoping Phage will drop in to admit he saw and danced with Pixies once, heh...
edit on 1/28/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm sorta hoping Phage will drop in to admit he saw and danced with Pixies once, heh...

I don't think he's a pixie sort of guy. I think it would be more like elves or gremlins.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This "no free will" thing needs some clarification.

Everything that has, is, and will happen already has happened. That is, your life, has a set path that it will take. It's already happened. The thing is, there are an infinite number of alternate dimensions. Some are only different by one atom, or even less -- much less.

So yes, you don't really have "free will" you are more like the character in a book, unaware that the pages ahead of you have been written already. That doesn't mean, however, that you can't "jump dimensionally" to a nearby reality in which circumstances and future events unfold differently. Those paths are also set, so unless you jump again, you're now stuck in another dimension with a set path.

So no, you don't have free will -- but what's been missing is that caveat. It *is* possible to change your direction by shifting your observer-perspective to alternate dimensions.

So when I say you are your reality and your reality is you, that's true. It is running a program already written, and you are the projector projecting it. You don't know what's on the rest of the reel, but it's already there. But you can splice a new reel and go in a different direction if you want.

And, some people do this without even realizing they're doing it. It's not some great mystical thing you have to do under a full moon, with support of elementals and whatever. That's a bunch of munbo-jumbo people do to get in the right psychological state of mind. Whatever works, as they say.

It's actually pretty easy. I'd get into the details on how you can test this out for yourself...but I think if you want to find the answers, you can and will.

As I said, most of what you think you want, you really don't. You end up regretting the things you wanted, and all to often they come with unknown and unseen consequences. Maybe I want a new BMW. Awesome, right?! What happens when I finally manage to get it to happen in my life and it breaks down? I don't have the money for expensive auto parts from Germany. My insurance rates go up and I can't afford the insurance. I finally mange to get it fixed, but get into an accident, hurt someone and without insurance I'm now a law-breaker and liable for that guy I hurt. I'm way, way worse off than I was in the beginning.

So while there may not be free will in any dimensional reality -- I've already "jumped" a few dimensions in the past two years, altering the course of my life. And each time I "manifest" something, I'm not changing this reality and bringing something forth within it -- I'm actually moving myself and my intent closer and into a dimension in which that possibility has been written and is real through sets of circumstances.

The danger with that, once again is unintended consequences. If you mess with one thing, all the other things you've positioned and set up carefully could be messed with.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You are correct that 'we' are living in the past.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mystik...I've jumped a dimension too (if not more), I'm aware of teeny differences. I also 'conjured' up a pill, somehow...it should NOT have been there, in the empty bottle...but it was. I received a text message from the future, lol...came in at exactly 11:11 am, but was timed at 12:43 pm...when I replied my daughter said she had not sent that...yet.
Sorry to be weird, but I'm enjoying some of the different stuff that you're bringing to this thread.

SkidMark...Nooo! Not Phage! I once told him I "loved him in Footloose", lol...I don't think he's talking to me.

Baddogma...You truly are a wonderful thread host. Very humble and complimentary. Be careful, I literally "moved into" the last thread I loved.

Kev...You are last, because I am still trying to come up with a response to what you wrote (to me). I have the 'feeling', but not the right words....so bear with me!

jacy

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Isn't "Living in the Past" an old Jethro Tull hypothesis? (forgive the reference, some silly old hippies will understand)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The only value of words when it comes to 'spiritual' matters, is to stun and paralyze harmful preconceptions and to prod people to learn to think in both rational and liminal ways.

As for 'enlightenment' that's in my top ten of favorite topics.

Let's get you started.

"Who becomes enlightened" ?

(No more than 5 words)

If you get that right (you won't)....then:

"What is enlightenment"?

(no more than 5 words)

Thank you sir.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'm not A stoner!