It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the U.S. Pay People to Have Children ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Could you elaborate please? I'm not sure what you mean in this specific instance... but generally speaking I agree; we're all triple and even quadruple taxed; income taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, and on and on... That's one of my biggest gripes about the income tax on earned labor, because in practice and in effect, we not only pay our income taxes, as consumers, we pay corporate income taxes as well.... and as taxpayers, we pay for corporate welfare and loopholes as well.

Corporate profits are taxed and if dividends are then disbursed to the shareholders those are taxed as well.

So I would completely eliminate the income tax on earned income... and institute a flat tax rate for corporations and unearned income -- no credits/deductions, no loopholes.

I would be very happy if we instituted a flat tax.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would be very happy if we instituted a flat tax.

Definitely better than what we have now! At least for most of us...

But it's those who benefit under this scheme that are the problem anyway. Big sigh.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, if we were to institute a flat tax I would like to see all deductions eliminated. This way you cannot shelter your money by finding the countless loopholes we have now where many of them are only available to those who have the resources to exploit them.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Well,

I understand why someone without kids would feel this way. Its also proportionate. Having kids cost money and as you spend that money on your kids you are taxed up the ass. Also the state makes you do allot of crap that costs money which is taxed to and just because you have kids because if you dont you get fined or lose your kids /possibly go to jail. Allot is medical in nature, though not limited to vaccines. I am not an anti vax guy.

I have to pay towards the public schools even though I wont use them if I can avoid it. I have to pay for the social programs used for other peoples kids. Why should I not get some of that back? Mind you I am not yet declaring my daughter after nearly a decade of not doing so because she was not in the country. Is it not fair for me to declare her now and get money back from her after nearly a decade of paying towards other peoples kids?

I see what everyone is saying and the reality is:
It would be more fair if we were taxed less. It would be more fair because we DONT get all that much back besides basic infrastructure that needs to exist anyways.

The US is a tax rich country and its social return is not that great towards its people. It shouldnt have to do much more, but it is charging us like it was spending European country type big bucks on its citizens.

Our tax wealth goes to waste that is all to justified. We get it, this is the way of the world. The government needs to understand that there is also a limit and a counter side to the argument. It is NOT the way of the world to break peoples backs.

edit on 1 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Quite frankly.. There are times i'm surprised that the criminal gov't gives anything at all back to the people, seeing as they themselves take the biggest piece of the taxation pie.

I'm sure however most of that money going to feed the children, goes right back into the beast economic system to help the crazy train continue full steam ahead, i call it the boomerang effect.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, if we were to institute a flat tax I would like to see all deductions eliminated. This way you cannot shelter your money by finding the countless loopholes we have now where many of them are only available to those who have the resources to exploit them.

Exactly. If written and implemented correctly, it also takes away the incentive/option for corporations to buy our congress critters if they have no power to create special loopholes and credits.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

We have a kid, so we do get that deduction, but we still end up leaving more with the government than we get back.

We are taxed for all kinds of things related to that one child - education, taxed every time we pay for food, clothing, medical expenses, etc. In return, he does nothing to help support himself and won't be able to for quite some time.

This is what the child deduction is - a recognition of all those expenses, and the recognition by government that it is in the best interests of society to help foster strong families and well adjusted, well brought up children who become tax payers in the future to help support our old bones in our old age when they are working and being taxed out the yang like we are now.

edit on 23-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I know a few people who make more money on unemployment and government housing then working a full time crap job. I don't blame them its just a reality.

Poor people have more children then well off people and should be the opposite. I know a gas station clerk and his wife who hasn't had a job ever because every time its a possibility to work she gets pregnant again. People know how to use the system

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

No Get back 6500 I have two kids and on lines a thru h on your w2s determines how
much money they take out compared to what i get back it has nothing to do with not being able to
afford my kids I think your confusing Welfare with taxes .
I live in Ohio and every tax code is different per state.
But to say i get back more in taxes because I cant afford my kids lol wtf.
Sounds like welfare moms now welfare moms get back way more than they pay in .

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover . Do You think it is ok for the U.S. to pay people to have kids ? Ill bet You do if you have kids You do. Enjoy spending my money and the money everyone else worked for who actually pays taxes so You can have kids You cant afford !
Hahahahaha! Of all the dumb things in our tax system, you're worried about the child tax credit??? That's the least of our problems. The grand people get back per kid is nothing compared to the perks corporations get.
edit on 120162016k23105America/Chicagotham by Look2theSacredHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You're looking at this in the wrong way--the government doesn't pay people to have children, they allow us too keep more of the money that we paid them.

They shouldn't be taking that money from our income in the first place...and don't worry, it's not YOUR money that they're getting returned to them.

Now, I do, however, fully agree that people should not get back more than they paid into they system, that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join