It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Schengen Agreement could be suspended for 2 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

It would be great if they could stay. Unfortunately, unless the standards are drastically lowered across the board and a whole new process is implemented there is nothing within the current or previous iterations of the points based system that would allow the majority of Poles to be here because they wouldn't qualify. It's only the EU rules on free movement that allow them in to do the jobs they do. So if we're out of the EU the choice is to either relax the restrictions for the whole world or the Poles will have to go, that's the way immigration law works.

Actually a good many who have been here a while could apply for citzinship. And I would welcome that.
Though nothing to say the law cant be changed to allow them to stay anyway.

I don't care, should be like it was before. If you are from Europe, you still need a passport and get checked but have a bit of leeway. I am a German who lived in the UK and married for all this time for over 25 years. I once tried to become a national but it costs too much money that I don't have.

I am mostly more british than a lot of Brits. I love this country and I want to be as british as I can be, because I like it. You can talk to me about anything from TV programs, actors, bands, politics, news anything and I sometimes know more about it than natives. People who meet me think I am a brit with a funny accent.

It also drives me mad to see people who can't even speak the language or have any idea about anything just being given the nationality just like that.

As it was before, with all the borders was absolutely fine and I would welcome it.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And us Brits love people like you back. We love anyone who adds positively to our culture with their own traditions. Take Chinese New Year, Notting Hill Carnival. The people we dont like are the ones who wish our culture and way of life obsolete. They can leave sooner the better!a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Be worried though, maybe the plan is to suspend it and use the time to think up something worse to replace it, such as mandatory migrant take-ins. etc.

I will be voting OUT. People seem to ignore a lot of the problems the EU brings, which out numbers the good. Including holding countries to ransom with threats of being cast out into the wilderness (just ask Greece) and then spend weeks hashing out loans and bailouts to countries that they know cant pay the debts back, which makes about as much sense as someone with a hole in their boat trying to get the water out with a thimble.

Personally, the EU should either revert to its original version which was a trade union or it should be disbanded and rebooted (isn't that a thing now?) and be done as a Trade agreement, aid agreement and defence agreement with all countries keeping their own governments without interference. That is basically what the original EU was supposed to be before it became well the smoldering mountain of ***t that it has become.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join