It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest / Ancient Secret Societies Known

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

Anonymity is necessary for some ... a few ... in order to protect their life's from their enemies ... They would be stupid to leave any trails as to their real identity ...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
Irrelevant but ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

And pop stars are making it cool, or seem cool. I'd rather keep my soul.

Yes the Illuminati symbols are everywhere by design
"If you wish to sell your soul, then your soul is not worth selling* ... Illuminati
edit on 24-1-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was in the middle of a new conversation I thought you were chiming in on that. But still all I said is they are making the One World Gang seem cool and it's subliminal propaganda.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Who are you suggesting needs anonymity and for what purpose?

edit on 24-1-2016 by 369elyon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Who are you suggesting needs anonymity and for what purpose?

Secret societies throughout history and some that exist today ...
So they can do their work without outside interference such as state and church

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Secrets are for people with something to hide. Secret societies are secret because they are up to no good. And are often pagan occultists and perverts, sometimes comitting human sacrifices and other forms of Evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon
Secrets are for people with something to hide. Secret societies are secret because they are up to no good. And are often pagan occultists and perverts, sometimes comitting human sacrifices and other forms of Evil.

The depth of your ignorance in this subject is mind boggling.... Can you please attempt to set aside your preconceived notions for 5 minutes and listen to what others are trying to tell you? Certainly you can't be so arrogant to assume that you know it all?

I am an active member of 3 different secret societies, all with ancient histories. That doesn't include discussions in modern off-shoots. If you want to understand why secret societies are "secret," you only have to look at history.... There was a time not so long ago when doing research into "alternative sciences" (i.e. alchemy) or believing anything not endorsed by the state/church would mean a horrible death for you or your family. Secrecy grew out of necessity to maintain one's life.

A secondary reason for secrecy, depending on the organization, was as Jesus ordered - you do not throw your pearls before swine. To an initiate, this means that knowledge must be earned... Not that it is unattainable to the masses, but that they must reach a level of understanding of the sanctity of that knowledge and wisdom that they have earned the right to know. With knowledge and wisdom comes power....especially in the mystery schools. You would no more put a loaded gun in the hands of a toddler than you would put universal wisdom (which can be just as deadly) in the hands of the uninitiated.

You have drank the kool-aid of the suspicious and superstitious....the same people who burned women as witches based only on innuendo and rumor rather than truth.
edit on 24-1-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Ignorance my friend, ignorance... The human mind is designed to initially fear what it does not understand, because with understanding comes power, and courage... Many people, without the proper knowledge beforehand, will be terrified of snakes and spiders because they associate them with being highly venomous. However, the man who learns which are venomous and which aren't, no longer fears the common household or gardening pests that they may run into..

Same thing with sex magic; it seems so scary and satanic on the outside, but for the man or woman that learns to use it, they can obtain understanding, power, and courage to change the aspects of their lives they feel most that they can not. Tantric yoga is a form of sex magick.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

This is a truly fine post, which I certainly hope shall illuminate some of the members here to begin their own research, foregoing all preconceived notions of this subject.. Many of those who come here, blaming secret societies for the troubles of the world, all have one thing in common.. They are 'Christians'.... Many of them not understanding that Christianity is a religion created by man, not any deity unless they want to attribute it to whatever extradimensional entity they would like to equate with "Satan". First and foremost, Jesus was an Essene Jew; which means if you consider yourself to be a follower of Christ, you should therefore associate yourself with the teachings of an Essene Jew; namely Gnosticism. Gnosticism, the very thing both secret societies represent in all forms, but also what your Roman Catholic Church, seeks to destroy...

For centuries the Roman Catholic Church has spearheaded wars and campaigns, to invade foreign lands, and destroy indigenous knowledge which had been inscribed upon for millennia... Subjects like Alchemy are now nearly dead, due to the Inquisition(The Arabians were some of the most skilled alchemists of their time), and the burnings of 'witches and warlocks'. I regret that at one point in time, I was very much like them. Asleep, and ignorant of the illusions that this world and it's financial, political, and religious elite have created for us..

Then one day, poof; I opened my eyes and really looked at the world for myself, and I didn't listen to what people told me I should believe; I chose it for myself..
edit on 24-1-2016 by KylarDrake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure whether you really believe these things that you are saying, or whether you are really just too thick to understand you are being lied to...

Now, lets us not say that some left-hand occultists, haven't gotten together and commit human sacrifices or some such thing. But in all likely hood, if they did exist, you wouldn't even know about them. They wouldn't be wikipedia searchables like OTO, Rosicrucianism, Eastern Star, Or Freemasonry... And in the event that some such people or group DID exist, they most certainly DO NOT reflect the teachings or character of ALL secret societies or their members...

That's like saying all Christians are diabolical or cultish because Westboro Baptist Church exists...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think the sad fact is that some people think it is possible to research things on the internet that can only be discovered by going out into the real world and taking risks in order to experience things. If you get out there, and genuinely have interest in the areas various societies have been formed to explore, those groups will seek you out. In the meantime you have to drop your preconceived notions or con men will use them to deceive you.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon
a reply to: network dudeyour acting like a one. You can politely disagree but I am not stupid. You missed it the first time so I will repeat it. OF COURSE KENNEDY WAS IN ONE. The knight's of Columbus though?

I only post this as I feel deep down in my soul, that you might one day, return.
www.kofc.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I think the sad fact is that some people think it is possible to research things on the internet that can only be discovered by going out into the real world and taking risks in order to experience things. If you get out there, and genuinely have interest in the areas various societies have been formed to explore, those groups will seek you out. In the meantime you have to drop your preconceived notions or con men will use them to deceive you.

I have never had someone purposely look for me for any reason other than they wanted something from me.
I think that is why to become a Freemason, you must ASK to join. Sure, we will take any man of faith, who isn't a criminal, but you still have to ask to join. Thereby eliminating the idea that we just want you for your "X".

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 33Iam666
The brotherhood of the serpent is the oldest.

originally posted by: sweets777
The brotherhood of the serpent.

originally posted by: Restricted
You need to do your homework. The Brotherhood of the Snake is thousands of years old and not exactly a secret.

They were also referred to as the ‘Brotherhood of the Dragon’ in ancient times...

Disraeli called them "the hidden hand".

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

I heard someone say that the ‘Moriah Conquering Wind’ is what they prefer to call themselves these days.

Jan Van Helsing's book (Secret Societies and Their Power in The 20th Century) is good...

originally posted by: ArchaicDesigns
...a rare book I managed to track down a few years ago, it's called "Secret Societies and Their Power in The 20th Century" by Jan Van Helsing (pseudonym). This is a must read if you are at all interested in secret societies and their true power in modern society, especially the political aspects.

Here's the content list that leads you to all the chapters: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Thereby eliminating the idea that we just want you for your "X".

Where 'X' equals your delicious O Negative blood.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

When you start to travel in the right circles, you get noticed.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

When you start to travel in the right circles, you get noticed.

yes, I am sure that some masons do try to entice others to ask, perhaps go as far as asking them, but the whole idea of masonry is that you aren't asked, but rather become interested and want to join on your own. Masons will make suggestions if you seem like a good match for masonry, since you may not have any knowledge of it to ask the right questions.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's not necessarily Freemasonry I'm talking about. For example, a friend of mine was invited to become a member of the Order of the Knights of the Holy Grail. I suspect this has more to do with Wagner and German Nationalism, but you never know....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

As you addressed this post to me I will reply... Though CIAGypsy has more than covered and countered your ignorance

Secrets are for people with something to hide.

Yes true ... reasons vary and are not all the same

Secret societies are secret because they are up to no good. And are often pagan occultists and perverts, sometimes comitting human sacrifices and other forms of Evil.

You need to specify the secret society/s you speak of and also back up your claim with facts and evidence regarding those societies ... Here is a clue - Rumour and assumption do not count

edit on 26-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join