It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest / Ancient Secret Societies Known

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PuRe EnErGy

The brotherhood of the serpent.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Why would anyone feel the need to belong to a SECRET society. To be cool? The only reason for secrecy is fear of exposure. JFK himself outed the secret societies calling them repugnant and asked for Americans help to destroy them. He was gonna do away with federal reserve notes and return to congress the right to print and regulate money INTEREST FREE and THAT'S whatgot him kkilled. Oswald WAS the patsy he said he was and he was killed by various secret societies in collaboration with each other. Kennedy was gonna make things better. He couldn't because of secret societies. SECRET SOCIETIES ARE EVIL.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Sounds like a very interesting project/book you have in mind

Just a thought about secret society's ... The nature of secret society's is for protection from enemies
for example Early Christians met secretly for their own protection

It is claimed by groups representing the Illuminati that they have "been" since Human governing began

Secret societies are a natural anti dote to oppressive forms of governance in most cases and are very ancient in origin ... as ancient as Humanity itself

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

Why would anyone feel the need to belong to a SECRET society. To be cool?

For their own protection nothing to do with fad and fashion and being "Cool"
It is not secret societys you should fear .... It is the established governments and religions that are the curse of good people in most cases

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Anywhere is a serious place to research. Cutting sources out of your work or failing to ask questions for fear or some kind of information you don't like is the problem with the method.

What have you learned in this thread? How would you footnote it in your book?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
Secret societies tend to be religious/spiritual in nature. I don't fear either. I just think they are stupid. Secrecy means you have something to hide. I prefer to be an open book, no secrets, no fear.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

And pop stars are making it cool, or seem cool. I'd rather keep my soul.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Anywhere is a serious place to research. Cutting sources out of your work or failing to ask questions for fear or some kind of information you don't like is the problem with the method.

What have you learned in this thread? How would you footnote it in your book?

I've learned some names, and leads to research.. which will in turn lead to books and authors.

What's your point exactly?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I've learned some names, and leads to research.. which will in turn lead to books and authors.

You could have done more by spending a few minutes going through the card catalog at your local library, and the leads would be more reliable.

What's your point exactly?

Expecting other people to do your research for you is intellectually lazy, and can easily lead you astray. Secret societies are secret. No-one who is a member of one is likely to admit to it, or if they are, provide you with accurate information. What's more, ATS is a magnet for hoaxers and fantasists. How can you tell if you are being lied to? The Brotherhood of the Serpent, someone said. That's from a Grade B movie!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

To denigrate me for merely mentioning 'flat earth' as ONE of the subjects; biased by your own preconceived beliefs and cultural/societal conditioning.

ok - a clarification - what is your position vis the " flat earth claim ?

because if your answer is anything other than :

its utter bollox

then your denigration is called for - as you are a pseudo scientific muppet

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 369elyon
Why would anyone feel the need to belong to a SECRET society. To be cool? The only reason for secrecy is fear of exposure. JFK himself outed the secret societies calling them repugnant and asked for Americans help to destroy them. He was gonna do away with federal reserve notes and return to congress the right to print and regulate money INTEREST FREE and THAT'S whatgot him kkilled. Oswald WAS the patsy he said he was and he was killed by various secret societies in collaboration with each other. Kennedy was gonna make things better. He couldn't because of secret societies. SECRET SOCIETIES ARE EVIL.

the level at which you are wrong is quite amazing. It's almost like you heard a rumor, then actively set out to NEVER learn anything more about it. JFK was a member of a secret society. "The President and the Press" was about the need for greater secrecy, not less.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

be careful, reading that thread will smash those tiny theorys in the tiny place they reside.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You need to do your homework. The Brotherhood of the Snake is thousands of years old and not exactly a secret.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PuRe EnErGy
To denigrate me for merely mentioning 'flat earth' as ONE of the subjects; biased by your own preconceived beliefs and cultural/societal conditioning.

Hey - you're the one who wrote that one of the reasons was going to discuss topics science *couldn't* explain and you then used the absurd "flat earth theory" as one of your examples. So yes, it made me laugh and think this was already a silly concept.

To dismiss topics/concepts/ideas based on your self-perceived 'superior' understanding and intellect is abashedly no way to explore the world around you.

If an education which tells me the earth is round, along with 4K *video* of the ISS filming the earth rotating, along with my flights which have taken me around the world, starting in the UK going east and ending back in the UK make me "superior" then sure - I'll take it

To chide me for "writing a book about things that science can't explain" when that is clearly NOT what the main subject of the book is, lacks the sting I think you intended since the book isn't meant to prove the earth is flat or a globe.

Then why did you use that as an example of what your book was going to be about?

Otherwise, why are you being lazy and asking people on ATS to "tell you" about the secret societies you want to research and discuss? Surely if you're going to write a book about them, you can go to your local library and start your research there.

I wouldn't ask ATS for "help" on secret societies. You'll attract either a) the delusional or b) mockery. Anyone from a secret society won't tell you because...well... it's a secret society :S
edit on 24-1-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dudeAs someone who knows, your futile attempts to discredit me in a suspiciously rude way are not going to convince me of anything. Of course he was in a secret society, he was a member of an extraordinarily important and influential family. That doesn't mean he can't have a bout of conscience and a strong desire to combat this underworld government. He started by backstabbing Sam Giancana and unleashing Bobby on the whole Italian criminal underworld. You should hear his secret society speach, it will open your eyes, it's powerful and you can hear it on line. He was going to divide the CIA into so many departments it wouldn't be able function because they had a beef, about Cuba I think, but they were subservient to the powerful men in whatever particular secret society they were in league with. LISTEN TO THAT SPEACH and learn about his executive order for the Government to begin printing debt free currency which basically would have been the end of the Federal Reserve and possibly even the IRS. Don't quote me on IRS part I just know they are part of the Federal Reserve so I think it would have gone away.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dudewhat are you a dis-information agent or something? You chime in all high and mighty attacking my correctness in a mocking manner either to get me mad or make me look bad to people who you don't want to look into it for themselves and find out that I'm not just making stuff up. Your not a real conspiracy enthusiast if you don't know what I just said and THAT'S why I think you're out hear pawning it up for your handler, whoever you work for.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
These sorts of threads are just the funniest.

Dis-information agents. Handlers. Gosh.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon

holy #, now I am a #ing shill here too? I just happen to know all about this, since it has been brought up a few times a month since I joined in 07. The thread I linked you to explains it very well, and Yes, I have read and heard the speech. THE WHOLE SPEECH. not the chopped up version that is taken out of context.

JFK wasn't speaking against secret societies, he was a member of the Knights of Columbus, a catholic secret society. The speech was speaking to the press and asking them to not tell everything they know, as they just did during the failed bay of pigs invasion. That link I gave also has the WHOLE speech in it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it reeks of socks in here?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't wear socks. :p

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dudeyour acting like a one. You can politely disagree but I am not stupid. You missed it the first time so I will repeat it. OF COURSE KENNEDY WAS IN ONE. The knight's of Columbus though? My Pops was one, him and his best friend, and it is like the D league of fraternities and barely qualifies as a secret society. He had a conscience and was a Great man(I used to dislike him for cheating in Chicago and then welching on his father's word) But you weren't listening to the same speach I was if you were you failed to read between the lines or something. It was so obvious I have a hard time believing you. It's really hard to believe you aren't disinforming
intentionally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join