It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest / Ancient Secret Societies Known

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm doing some research for my current book and I was wondering if anyone knew of any obscure ancient secret societies that might not make the standard BS Top 25 or Top 10 lists strewn about the internet these days. (Hard to find anything valuable through the clutter)

What are the oldest most ancient recorded / known secret societies?

One would think the ancient orders already in existence or known today may have had their beginnings from other, older more secretive orders.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PuRe EnErGy

I can't link you to any, but I would guess that some of the oldest in written record would have to be the workers unions that formed out of slavery in some such paradigm or other. You have to be secret to have a Union if you are a slave. The Egyptian stone masons formed a union, actually put graffiti in the pyramids.

Not referring to the Masons of today.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The Rosecrution guys claim ancient lineage.....
Back to Babylon I think....

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Sorry they may not be secret but have you heard of The McGillicuddy Serious Party. Which was a political movement or party in Nz in the late early 80s til the end of the 90sI don't know how to link but there is a bit about them on Wikipedia. I hung out with a few of the clan they were funny people and good times were had.

These are not the Droids you are looking for.
Good luck with your book
edit on 23-1-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Added some extra words. So what.

edit on 23-1-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

edit on 23-1-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

No the Rosecrucian guys are someone who held a grudge against the reformation of the Catholic Church and didnt wanna follow along, id say the Rosecross guys are from between the 11-13th century.. I know one that actually is old as hell, problem is that their dogmas comes with moral and traditions, and very little from knowledge.. This group is around 10.000 - 12.000 years old.. All the other "secret societies" copies this one, you can call them the Originals.. Rosicrucians, Templars, Freemasonry, Cathars, Aristonism, Platonism, the list goes on and on.. Founding fathers of everything we see today, called Aryans once or pure.. They are far from white as you can come..

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

So what kind off book are you writing?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

the brother hood of darwin award laureates can trace its history back to the dawn of man *

* all recipeients pre 1994 have been retro-active awards

the only real secret they share though is :

why were they so fooking stupid

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kumiho

Essentially a look at historical literature, subtle connections, concepts and occult secrets/secret societies. World religions & biblical scriptures, including Gnostic scriptures.
Tied together by the resurgence of flat earth theory, NASA's obvious image fakery. Things science can't explain, the Demiurge, the Annunaki, The Antarctic, Noetics, The Nazi's & Hitler, Hollywood, Computer Theory, Computer Science ... and I'm sure a few more things.

I'm looking into older secret societies to see what beliefs they held, what writings or concepts we might have of theirs & how they viewed the world we live in, etc. See if there's any evidence for or against the theory intelligent man has existed for longer than modern science / historians believe and if so, what stories exist about that.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The real hidden masters.

-MM
edit on 23-1-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kumiho

Aryans, not sure are you talking in same context. Aryans were Celto Germanic and most of them were from Scandinavia ( some scholars say they were behind viking raids in Scotland etc ). One of the tribes were called Heruli which raided Mediterranean area, Greece, Italy etc. This is were it gets interesting Heruli kings married celto germanic women BCE and after.
Aryanism was religion and they were Christians but they didn´t believe in trinity and as a religion it is as old as a christianity. They did believe that position of Jesus Christ was a son of God, created by God but not have been existed with God eternally. Roots of Aryans go back with Heruli tribe Kings to Hoeril ( Heruli ) aka Havilah to Canain the Semite and so on. All the way of OT biblical texts.

edit on 23-1-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The cults, Priesthoods, and Mystery Schools of Babylonia, Egypt, and of the Greco-Roman tradition all had Initiation rites and ritual dramas. Initiation, ritual, and mythology are the ingredients for most secret societies, so research in those fields will help. Basically, just about every temple and deity had a secret society.

Cult of Anu
Cult of Enlil
Cult of Enki
Cult of Marduk
Cult of Inanna
Cult of Ereshkigal
Cult of Ninhursag
Cult of Utu
Cult of Nanna
Cult of Ninurta
Cult of Ninlil

Cult of Atum
Cult of Osiris
Cult of Ra
Cult of Isis
Cult of Hathor
Cult of Thoth
Cult is Set
Cult of Amun
Cult of Aten

Dionysian Mysteries
Eleusinian Mysteries
Mithraic Mysteries
Orphic Mysteries
Cult of Adonis
Cult of Cybele
Cult of Attis

We also know of the elite hierarchy of the ancient Indo-Aryan Vedic system of India.

The Nine Unknown Men are a fabled secret society of India (270 BCE).

Hashashin (Order of Assassins) are an enigmatic secret society, possibly founded around 1080 CE in Persia.

edit on 1/23/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The original Aryans are actually the ancient Indo-Aryans of Central-Asia who brought the Vedic religion to India around 1500 BCE. This far predates the Heruli.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Neocatechumenal Way, Jewish Black Magic, Martinist Order, Knights of the White Camelia, Ku Klux Klan, Knights of Pythias, Opus Dei, Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes, Order of the Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes, Order of the Dragon, and Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, most of which are offshoots of really ancient societies.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you want to go further south of Kmt then the Abakua secret society or the Leopard people, they are as old as the religion of Vodun and still active in both Africa and the Caribbean.
The Mwiri society a very ancient brother hood of traders in the region of central Africa whose influence was wide spread, if those of you are into history they may have some connection to the Batwi or the short forest people that had a connection to the God Bes and even Ptah of ancient Kmt..they still have influence today and anyone doing business in that region including European involved in the slave and other trade had better joined them.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

ATS is not the place to do serious work on this subject. Anthropologists believe the earliest cults date back to the last Ice Age and involve bears in some way. Nearly every culture on Earth considers the seven circumpolar stars popularly called "the Big Dipper" or "the Wain" to be a bear.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PuRe EnErGy
Tied together by the resurgence of flat earth theory, NASA's obvious image fakery. Things science can't explain...

You're going to write a book about things that science can't explain, and your examples are the "flat earth" theory??

I assume this is a children's pop-up book, as no one with half a mind actually believes the earth is flat.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As far as I know the oldest is the Brotherhood of the Snake.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Essentially a look at historical literature, subtle connections, concepts and occult secrets/secret societies. World religions & biblical scriptures, including Gnostic scriptures.
Tied together by the resurgence of flat earth theory, NASA's obvious image fakery. Things science can't explain, the Demiurge, the Annunaki, The Antarctic, Noetics, The Nazi's & Hitler, Hollywood, Computer Theory, Computer Science ... and I'm sure a few more things.

Why don't you just make stuff up like Sitchin, Hancock, von Daniken, and the others?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It would help if you were more specific about who you are including in the "known Top 10 or 25". We all have different levels of understanding, knowledge, and access to information. My "top 10 list" might be different or include others than yours.
edit on 23-1-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The brotherhood of the serpent is the oldest.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join