It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs over welcoming their shelter stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What's up ats, so I have been volunteering at an animal shelter since July, a few dogs come and go, but this post is about 6 dogs.
These 6 dogs who are all family and all absolutely loving, gentle, and so kind, have been in the shelter since LAST September. When I cuddle these pups I can feel their love and just their absolute sadness of only having love for maybe 2 hours out of the day.
The owner has been in a court battle for illegally breeding for almost a year and a half now.
Is there anything i can do to help? It's getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Can you actively try to find them a permanent home?

Maybe advertise?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
someone should be given the privelege to hold, hug , and care for them. I would be lost without both my Pupps. they are both Pittbulls who were rescued from bad environments as tiny puppies. One came from a drug house and another from a pitbull fighter house. They were both brought to me free of charge, as puppies. They are both gorgeous and handsome as hell. They sleep on the bed with me and love people , but protect me from anyone who comes on the property uninvited

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Try out a Petfinder site ad/s if not already used. Which is safer than Craigslist due to the abuses-such as stealing or getting free animals for sales. Even consider out of area advertising. As it's been effective for kill shelter rescue dogs in lower population areas.

Also, look into anyone who might foster dogs.

Sadly, you may see even more of these cases as these days it's harder and harder to place companion animals due to restrictions even when you own homes in certain housing divisions.

Are they Pit mixes, or any dogs listed on "dangerous dogs" lists or even resemble that? That may also be the problem for people looking to adopt due to BSL.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Im off to bed with my dangerous Pitbulls They will be snuggled on either side of me

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im off to bed with my dangerous Pitbulls They will be snuggled on either side of me

What is this even supposed to show? I mean, I don't mind pitbulls, but that's not exactly a reassurance to anyone that has a problem with them. Your dog is probably far more likely to attack someone else, or their pet, than you.

(post by Chavez93 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join