It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badajoz ravine - aliens, nazis and paranormal activity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+131 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello ATS this is my first thread I hope you like it. I tried to look if anybody had posted about this subject before and it seems nobody did not to my surprise since it is quite hard to find any information about it in english though I did find one of explorers who did go there recently and they kindly translated more or less of what you can find about the subject. If you want to know further about this subject you must know spanish since most information is only available in spanish (videos, articles, books, etc). If anybody wants to know more I could gladly help.

The Barranco de Badajoz is a ravine in the Güímar area of Tenerife and it is well-known for all sorts of paranormal activity and phenomena reported there. It is just past the town of Güímar, which is famous for its Canary Islands pyramids, and you can either reach the barranco by taking the road going further south in the direction of Fasnia, or it is possible to get there on foot via the suburb of San Juan where there is a hermitage.

Barranco de Badajoz has had a great number of past reports of sightings of mysterious beings, UFOs, ghosts, balls of light and orbs, and the strange tale of the "Girl with the Pears". Also winged beings, disembodied voices and other sounds have been reported, and weird images have been caught on camera.

Many local people are well acquainted with the stories that have circulated and Barranco de Badajoz has been featured on Canary Islands TV as well as being the subject of many videos and website reports in Spanish.

To add to its reputation the paranormal researchers Francisco Padrón Hernández and Fernando Jimenéz del Oso also carried out investigations into the mysterious ravine.The late Francisco Hernández, was also known as Paco Padron. Besides being a popular journalist he published a book about his UFO experiences entitled Luces de Medianoche ("Lights at Midnight").

Amongst notable stories that have given the ravine its reputation is the account of how in 1912 two workers saw three mysterious white beings in one of the water galleries in which they had been digging. One version of this story claims that the terrified workers ran to the Civil Guard headquarters in Güímar to report what had happened, and other versions say that the beings communicated with the mine-workers and told them where they could dig to find water.

Another famous mystery that is said to have occurred in the Barranco de Badajoz is that of the Girl with the Pears. It is said that at some point between 1890 and 1910 the parents of a girl who lived locally had sent their daughter to look for fruit growing on trees in the ravine, but she didn't come back and despite extensive searches could not be found. The little girl returned decades later looking the same age as when she had vanished and thinking she had only been away for a short time.

This Rip Van Winkle aspect to the story is also a common feature of modern UFO abduction cases where there has been missing time. Also like the stories of meetings with aliens, it is said that the girl had encountered a tall white-clothed being who took her through a cave into a garden where there were more entities of his type. After she had spent a short time with them the girl was led back to the ravine.

Moving forward in time to the night of 1 July, 1991, a group of people including photographer Teyo Bermejo were in the ravine when they heard a sort of fluttering noise above their heads. A photo was captured of what some say is some sort of winged being.

- The being from the photo Teyo captured.

- Another photo by Teyo.

- Badajoz ravine.

- Abandoned building.

- More pictures of the Badajoz ravine.

hubpages.com...

- Here is the link with the english article about the ravine and the explorers who did go there, etc.

Now I want to try to translate to you a little more information about those stories regarding the nazis.

There is no surprise that the nazis were very interested in the ocult and secret powers and ancient knowledge and many believe that the nazis that were in Tenerife were also investigating the ravine because they heard the stories about it and like I said there is no suprise since they also went to other regions of Spain to look for ancient artifacts. There was also found back in 1991 a handle inside a cave in the badajoz ravine that resembles a winged entity and many believe it was left behind by the nazis.

- The handle found inside the cave which resembles a winged entity who also looks alike the being of Teyo's photo.

- Nazi submarines in Tenerife.

- Himmler with Franco.

- A building were the nazis used to stay in Tenerife.

Also years later Fernando Jimenéz del Oso went back to the ravine trying to get more photos but this time he just photographed orbs which were dancing along the vegetation of the zone.

- The orbs.

The canary islands and specially Tenerife has had a dozen of UFO sightings.

- Here is a weird photo taken in Güímar near the ravine.

Now I will try to translate a little more about the most famous stories that happened there.

The girl with the pears

The legend of the girl with the pears is one of the most popular. From allusions we can locate the beginning of the events between 1890 and 1910.

Her parents sent their daughter to the ravine in search of fruit, but the girl disappeared. It is assumed that the area was closely tracked by the locals, but the girl did not appear. At least not at that time. To the surprise of her parents, the girl knocked on the door of her house several decades later, and on her return, the girl continued to maintain the same look she had the day she disappeared.

What the girl told after her reappearance was the following:

Apparently she went to the ravine in search of the fruit that her parents asked her to get, and fell asleep at the foot of a pear tree, where she later was awakened by a very tall being dressed in white. Far from being frightened, that being inspired confidence, so she agreed without hesitation to the invitation to accompany him. The girl followed the being to the inside of a cave in which they descended by stairs. At the end of the descent they were in a garden where she saw more beings like the one she followed, all dressed in white. The girl lingered a few minutes chatting with them until finally her strange companion led her back to the exit of the cave and said goodbye to her. For she had not gone more than a few hours but 2 decades had passed.
edit on 22-1-2016 by nito92 because: word correction

edit on 22-1-2016 by nito92 because: more words corrections

edit on 22-1-2016 by nito92 because: more words corrections

edit on 22-1-2016 by nito92 because: word correction

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23/1/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I will continue with more information here.

The white beings

Legend has it that in 1912 two workers of one of the galleries of water found in the ravine (specifically the gallery further inside in the ravine, Izaña gallery), where they were digging when suddenly the wall fell apart, leaving them exposed to a wide gallery. Then they saw three white beings that certainly were not part of the workforce, and they did move toward them.

From here the legend is divided into two different versions:

1) On the one hand it is said that the two workers ran in terror to the barracks of the Civil Guard of Güímar, with the aim of presenting complaint of what had happened.

2) The miners communicated with the three beings, which even showed them the right place where they should dig for water.

- Weird being shown in a photo taken in the ravine.

The face of a child

This face can be seen in the mountain with amazing sharpness. It is located just above the Acaymo mine and is known as the child face.

- Here you can see the face.

Crystal island

In the mid 90s there was a alot of UFO sightings in the ravine. Many witnesses claimed that from inside the ravine and overlooking the sea, could be seen an island that seemed made of glass (it was found that could not be any of the other Canary Islands). From this island amounted (as if to take off), a vertically shaped light that resembled a ship, when the light reached a certain height it rushed at high speed towards the ravine and ended up crashing against the walls of the ravine, disintegrating and disappearing. The news echoed in several publications of national and international circulation. Enrique de Vicente, director of the magazine dedicated to the mystery Año Cero, recounted the events in which at that time was the primetime on Spanish TV "Esta noche cruzamos el mississippi."

Here I will post a few more pictures of the ravine and end the thread. I hope you could understand my english. Thank you for reading.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

Well done nito...if we had more threads like this I wouldn't be the cynical prick I am.

The Ravine is unique from its history alone, and then take into account those that wandered its Halls, you end up with more questions than answered...

2 Stars and 2 Flags from me.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Well done nito...if we had more threads like this I wouldn't be the cynical prick I am.

The Ravine is unique from its history alone, and then take into account those that wandered its Halls, you end up with more questions than answered...

2 Stars and 2 Flags from me.

Thank you very much. I hope I can visit it one day. It holds for sure many mysteries!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Could understand your English just fine. Honestly it's probably better than mine, and English is my only language.

Your post was very interesting, and this is the first I've heard of this area. Thank you for posting! Star for you.

edit on 22-1-2016 by Winterpain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain
Could understand your English just fine. Honestly it's probably better than mine, and English is my only language.

Your post was very interesting, and this is the first I've heard of this area. Thank you for posting! Star for you.

Thank you
yes like I said I didnt see it on this website so I thought this should be my first thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Very fascinating! Thanks for sharing this great story in such good detail.

I wonder what goes on there nowadays. Is it a tourist spot or do people stay away?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Does that wooden sign"Galeria De Almagre" say that it is 3075 meters deep?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Very fascinating! Thanks for sharing this great story in such good detail.

I wonder what goes on there nowadays. Is it a tourist spot or do people stay away?

Glad you liked it
Me too. And I dont believe the ravine is quite the tourist spot but I am sure one could find people who likes to explore or hike...I could only imagine. I do go if I had the chance for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Yes, that is correct...at least what it says in that wooden sign.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nito92

I wonder how it was dug and how long ago?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nito92

I wonder how it was dug and how long ago?

I dont know yet but I'm reading a PDF from the local goverment and it is still operative. I could give you the link but it is all in spanish, it has good and detailed information but not information about its creation.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ditto! That's a long ways down!
You did mention a mine however is that part of it?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Ditto! That's a long ways down!
You did mention a mine however is that part of it?

Do you mean the Galeria El Almagre? if that so no that is where they store water apparently. Tenerife has more than 1000 galleries. But who knows what they did there more than a century ago right? I still dont know much sadly.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Great OP

I drove past there in August on the way to Santa Cruz. Had I known it was such a beautiful and historical place, I'd have stopped and looked. This was taken from near Las Resbala, en route to Teide, and I think the ravine will be down under the cloud cover of that valley.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well i would give you 10 flags+20 stars if i could, this is So interesting!!!! Will read the whole thread later in the day when i get back home. I've never heard of this place with all these phenomena. The "girl with the pears" gave me goosebumps.though not in a creepy way. Thanks for bringing this to ATS

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Great post nito. Thanks for an original and interesting read. Something this forum needs more of.

Star & flag for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I thought I knew about everywhere that had a reputation for weirdness.It seems I was mistaken.

Thanks for the well-written and informative thread.This is the reason why I came to ATS too-it makes a nice change from refugee bashing and mystifying American politics😉.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Lovely photographs.

I have a few issues with some of them. The mysterious flamey winged being photo is what happens when you wave burning sticks around in front of a camera. I have hundreds of almost identical photos, with figures and angels and demons and dragons visible. And the 'orbs' photograph is what happens when you take a photo with flash in a very damp environment.

And the UFO sighting is a lenticular cloud.

But otherwise, some great fun stuff there. Bravo.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm replying for several reasons

1. What a great first thread for once I actually spent the time reading and looking at the links something I do not do so much on ATS

2. Thread well put together easy to read and nicely laid out

3. Never heard of the story before and being a bit of a hiker/Trekker myself I'll have to go to Tenerife and have an explore one day

And finally found 4. Your English is fine, in fact better than some of the people where I'm from and I'm in the UK

Star and flag for you

<<   2  3  4 >>

join