It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a Christian first, American second

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

So are liberals, and moderates, and the unemployed, and homeless, and peacemakers, and mothers with sons and daughters in war zones and constitutionists and pretty much the whole damn world.

Conservatives don't get exclusivity when it comes to being pissed at the establishment I'm afraid.

Sometimes I wish you were my dad, or just the guy I drink with at the bar, I could settle for that

You nailed it. Everybody that isn't the establishment is pretty pissed at it right now.
edit on 1/22/16 by Ksihkehe because: edited for a smiley... don't want to seem like a stalker.

(post by visitedbythem removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This guy Cruz is a Christian?

Imagine Jesus trying to take basic health care from children and poor people.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ted would have to be American second because his religion is middle eastern. If he likes those middle eastern ideals more than his country then maybe he should move to the middle east ? Doesn't matter anyway, Trump is about to take a dump on his head.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem You forgot Michelle is really a man. hahah

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

This is soo funny, Mr. Ted Cruz is doing what any other politicians (beside Trump, he is an oddity) has done for decades, catering to certain groups in the nation for votes.

So he put God before the nation, fundamentalist Christians will be soo proud.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell Sorry that wont work, You don't get Obamacare if you are poor, You have to make atleast 12,600 a year to get it and its not free, lots of poor, injured and mentally handicapped people don't even make that much. Cruz is like a tv fake healer, he all but passes a collection plate round. Ted Luze sucks.

edit on 22-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
a reply to: Willtell Sorry that wont work, You don't get Obamacare if you are poor, You have to make atleast 12,600 a year to get it and its not free, lots of poor, injured and mentally handicapped people don't even make that much. Cruz is like a tv fake healer, he all but passes a collection plate round. Ted Luze sucks.

No...you get Medicaid

But as far as I’m concerned many of the people getting Obamacare are very close to being poor.

And there still are many children there and people with conditions that if they didn’t have health insurance they might easily die.

That's why where so deceived in this country. That this meager "middle class" salary and lifestyle isn't two pay checks away from poverty.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm, troubling. As a devout Agnostic I have a huge issue with living under a Christian version of Sharia Law.

Ted Cruz is looking more and more like an Imam every day.

No thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

You must have really loved Bush Sr. as president then.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?
Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church? Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

I won't support a Bush for president, never did, never will.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The office of President requires that your Oath is to the Constitution, not Jesus, or your religion.

Period. End of discussion.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes, we remember how his born again Christian mantra gave him the fundamentalist Christian groups votes, sadly his problem to ban abortions didn't work as planned.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

You must have really loved Bush Sr. as president then.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?
Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church? Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

I won't support a Bush for president, never did, never will.

I hated Bush. So what are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

“I’m a Christian first, American second, conservative third and Republican fourth,”

Technically he's a Canadian first.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

A little bit of a stretch of the headline and even quote in my opinion. First, its a politician spouting pandering nonsense to garner votes; but apparently it means the Christian version of Sharia law. I don't quite follow, but I can understand why ideologues would equate. Second, how did you make the leap that he "basically stated that his beliefs would take precedence..."? That one I am not following at all.

To each their own. This field, Right and Left, sucks.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I didn't say you didn't. Was providing another example like Cruz as a parallel to remind people that such types can get in if we don't fight them. It was in agreement. More a, "Yeah he's bad, hey remember this guy?" type thing.

I can see how it came off as confrontational though.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Hmmmm, troubling. As a devout Agnostic I have a huge issue with living under a Christian version of Sharia Law.

No thanks
really? so if you feel so strongly you should be able to provide a list of religious decrees that he is on record as going to use the force of the executive branch to enforce. i mean if he is an imam right? issuing fatwas and all that.

I might have to say you are a hater. because only a hater would post such twaddle and act like it was true when it isn't and not even be ashamed of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I didn't say you didn't. Was providing another example like Cruz as a parallel to remind people that such types can get in if we don't fight them. It was in agreement. More a, "Yeah he's bad, hey remember this guy?" type thing.

I can see how it came off as confrontational though.

No worries

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

No thanks
really? so if you feel so strongly you should be able to provide a list of religious decrees that he is on record as going to use the force of the executive branch to enforce. i mean if he is an imam right? issuing fatwas and all that.

I might have to say you are a hater. because only a hater would post such twaddle and act like it was true when it isn't and not even be ashamed of it.

"Hater"?

Of Presidential candidates saying they are of a RELIGIOUS faith before they are Americans, or before the Constitution?

Why yes, yes I am.

Secondly, Theocrats don't historically ANNOUNCE their plans before assuming power. You get drips of it, then it creeps up on you.

edit on 23-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

No thanks

"Hater"?

Of Presidential candidates saying they are of a RELIGIOUS faith before they are Americans, or before the Constitution?

Why yes, yes I am.

I award that post 4.99 out of five jackasses for prodigy levels of sheer jack assery. Congratulations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join