It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a Christian first, American second

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Cruz: 'Washington establishment' backs Trump, has abandoned Rubio

“I’m a Christian first, American second, conservative third and Republican fourth,” said Cruz, who is currently a distant second place, behind Trump, for the GOP nomination in several national polls. “I’ll tell ya, there are a whole lot of people in this country that feel exactly the same way.”

So...if you haven't guessed, Ted Cruz has basically stated that his belief would take precedence over the law. If you want a theocracy, I think I know your candidate. Oh...but watch out for that scary Sharia stuff.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So this religious nutcase wants to transform the U.S. into the Christian version of Saudi Arabia.....

This guy is also 2nd in most Republican polls for President.

Trailing only to a fascist.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
It should be American first. There's that whole separation of church and state thing. If he wants a theocracy he needs to look no further than the Middle East and see how that works out.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
politians are a cancer on society. Show me a good one and I'll show something far beyond a miricle. There's no such thing.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Do as you would be done by / Love one another as I have loved you

So far in the history of politicians, no one has emulated the fundamental Christian doctrine as laid out by Christ.

They have emulated Satan though - The lust for money is the root of all evil

And as far as Cruz goes, he is pandering to the largest demographic and if he ever got the nomination, it will be because he has the blessing of the global elite bloodlines and would install a system aligned to a Theocracy but bankrolled by the Banksters.

A Corporate Theocracy, voters need to be careful what they wish for.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
politians are a cancer on society. Show me a good one and I'll show something far beyond a miricle. There's no such thing.

well we elect them so if they're cancer, we are full blown aids.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
But hey Conservatives are pissed off at the establishment!

Or maybe they're pissed off because other people have freedoms that don't adhere to their religious morals, like gays being able to marry or women being able to have abortions.

I'm sure I'll be called a jihadist soon though

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So are liberals, and moderates, and the unemployed, and homeless, and peacemakers, and mothers with sons and daughters in war zones and constitutionists and pretty much the whole damn world.

Conservatives don't get exclusivity when it comes to being pissed at the establishment I'm afraid.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

So are liberals, and moderates, and the unemployed, and homeless, and peacemakers, and mothers with sons and daughters in war zones and constitutionists and pretty much the whole damn world.

Conservatives don't get exclusivity when it comes to being pissed at the establishment I'm afraid.

See the difference is Liberals are also pissed off because they want healthcare for everyone, a higher minimum wage and more affordable education for everyone.

Conservatives are pissed off because they think their current crop of Republicans have shifted so far to the left and are rallying behind a facists that spews out xenophobic statements and a religious zealot in cruz that wants to transform the U.S. into a theocracy.

But hey both sides are absolutely the same right?
edit on 22-1-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A Corporate Theocracy, voters need to be careful what they wish for

The worst possible government you could have other than ISIS.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well that's certainly good to know.

This whole time I was under the impression that he was just a trigger-happy, wannabe bombardier.

I do know this, his daddy would be proud of the lunatic he raised.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So this religious nutcase wants to transform the U.S. into the Christian version of Saudi Arabia.....

This guy is also 2nd in most Republican polls for President.

Trailing only to a fascist.

That does not follow. Christians believe that everything else in the world has to take a second seat to Christ and God. If not then according to Christ you will not be saved. But this in no way means he has to be for theocracy instead of secular government. It does mean that his Christian values will inform his decisions as well they should. just like anyone's values should be first and foremost on their minds when they decide their positions on issues. To suggest otherwise is to be valueless, without integrity, personal courage and conviction, or honor. When he decides whether to support abortion or not he will likely be influenced by his belief that a fetus has a human soul and therefore killing it is wrong. so what? if it was another person they too would evaluate where they stand on that issue based on their ethics and beliefs. like they would any other dilemma they face.

This is what you fear; but you create a strawman that that you label theocracy. if that is the case then every president that has ever been has claimed to be a Christian to my knowledge. Did they install a theocracy? The fact is no Christian president and by accounts that is all of them; has ever installed a theocracy just by virtue of making decisions informed by their belief system.

When a lib shouts "theocracy" it means they fear that decisions will be made based on Christian values but also that they aren't serious or if they are they are dangerously ignorant. Heaven forefend! Lol.
edit on 22-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That's the problem, all wants. All wants, but I bet there will be very little that is given back.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Cruz: 'Washington establishment' backs Trump, has abandoned Rubio

“I’m a Christian first, American second, conservative third and Republican fourth,” said Cruz, who is currently a distant second place, behind Trump, for the GOP nomination in several national polls. “I’ll tell ya, there are a whole lot of people in this country that feel exactly the same way.”

So...if you haven't guessed, Ted Cruz has basically stated that his belief would take precedence over the law. If you want a theocracy, I think I know your candidate. Oh...but watch out for that scary Sharia stuff.

Your premise is totally false. He said nothing about his beliefs as a Christian overriding any law. Those are your words alone.
unlike our current president who claims he is Christian, but has no governor, no morals, no ethics, no inclination to obey the laws himself, or the constitution, but insists his enemies must follow those laws. I'll go with a rational true Christian heart any day over a false one like Obama.

Lots of presidents were Christians before, even lots of democrats.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

In his case, I'm rather sure he isn't pandering and that is terrifying. He was raised Dominionist, his father is a pastor with a rather large Church. I quoted a major part of Rafael's particular focus.

Kingdom Now theology

Kingdom Now theology is a branch of Dominion Theology which has had a following within Pentecostalism. It attracted attention in the late 1980s.[18][19]

Kingdom Now theology states that although Satan has been in control of the world since the Fall, God is looking for people who will help him take back dominion. Those who yield themselves to the authority of God's apostles and prophets will take control of the kingdoms of this world, being defined as all social institutions, the "kingdom" of education, the "kingdom" of science, the "kingdom" of the arts, etc.[20] C. Peter Wagner, the founder of the New Apostolic Reformation, writes: "The practical theology that best builds a foundation under social transformation is dominion theology, sometimes called 'Kingdom Now.' Its history can be traced back through R. J. Rushdoony and Abraham Kuyper to John Calvin."[21]

Kingdom Now theology is influenced by the Latter Rain movement,[22] and critics have connected it to the New Apostolic Reformation,[23] "Spiritual Warfare Christianity",[22] and Fivefold ministry thinking.[24]

Kingdom Now theology should not be confused with Kingdom theology, which is related to inaugurated eschatology.

Cruz's Senate campaign was backed by an even bigger Dominionist Church... his whole rise in politics came about by securing the Christian Right vote for George W. Bush, he did this through Churches. If you couldn't tell by the linked wiki material, this denomination is rather cultish. Sometime during or maybe just after several of the Church leasers held a two-day anointing service for Ted Cruz, as a King... one charged by God to bring the "spoils of war to the priests" and deliver control of law etc... "to the priests". One major thing not talked about too much, not near close enough to how serious this matter is - that most notably under GW but it did begin before that, the funneling of Federal dollars to right-wing Churches.

This is no thing to dismiss lightly or shrug off as pandering. This is very serious and the realist threat to the US Constitution we have come upon, yet people do indeed shrug it off.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well,

of course our leaders set a bad UN-AMERICAN example just to win over voters they should be educating.

There can be only one loyalty as Americans, and that is to our people. No one should be set apart or discriminated against for their race or creed. Anyone separating others or themselves apart based on these factors is not acting like a good citizen. They are acting in contradiction to our values and ethos.

Religion has no place in American life beyond your church and your home. This entire generation of my people are out of touch with what our core values are and what they mean.

Religion has to go. Its not worth the trouble anymore. Its only an agent of stagnation and corruption. An american politician making everyone not a christian feel he is not as loyal to them as he is to fellow Christians. DISGRACE.

Religion should be private. Ever heard that one? I was a good Catholic so I lived what I learned....you dont boast about your prayer and closeness to God. You dont show that you are a christian other than by living like one.

Bad Christian, bad American.

edit on 1 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

At least he is being honest. I haven't figured out what Obama's agenda is yet, but it certainly has nothing to do with what is best for America.

In fairness all of the candidates serve something or someone before America.
edit on 2016/1/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He has not integrated (like the Muslims they always talk about) into the American society.

Deport him to Canada

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Not the wisest thing to say out loud....even if Christian America is listening

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

1 Peter 2:13-17

(Or as Mr. Trump would say "One Peter 2 ...")

Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

Romans 13:1

Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said. And they sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any. "Tell us then, what do You think? Is it lawful to give a poll-tax to Caesar, or not?" read more.

But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? "Show Me the coin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a denarius. And He said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" They said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."

Matthew 22:15-21

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join