It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary & Bernie VS. A Republican Congress & 2/3 Majority Governorships!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Record high filibusters, government shutdowns, etc.

Can you give us some examples of when the GOP agreed with 'everything' that Obama wanted?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Perhaps you need to clarify further. It's 2/3rds no matter what. The bill in question is irrelevant.

It's in the constitution.

If the Republicans want to get past a president that will not comply with their wishes, they need to take 2/3rds of both houses or be able to persuade others on the opposite side of the aisle.

Dude, I already stated I know this. Politics 101...like you said.

I'm talking about the CHOICE to use the TWO THIRDS majority is on BILL by BILL basis. What about that don't you get?

It is not a choice. If a bill is passed by a simple majority and signed by the president, it is passed. End of story. If it is passed by simple majority in congress, yet vetoed by the president, it has to be passed again by a 2/3rds vote to override a veto.

That is how the process works.

What is it with you? I've clearly explained what I meant and you keep obsessing on repeating the PROCESS to me.

Have you not even read what I typed?

Your explanation does not coincide with the constitutional process. There is no "bill-by-bill" process that includes "choices".

OMG dude. Here...lemme explain.

An override, would be on a BILL by BILL basis. Meaning, that not EVERY Bill VETO would be contested...if it WARRANTED a veto at all.

Meaning, not every single Bill would be VOTED against by a MAJORITY. Some would need to go back to discussion or debate to by retweaked or reworded or changed. That's how vetos are usually based is on wording and all the little LINE ITEM issues a President might have with a Bill's entirety.

Meaning...not every Republican Bill would come up against a Veto. And if they all did, not every Republican would have the votes to have a super majority because not every Bill garners TWO THIRDS>

I hope that's clear now because I can't explain it more.
edit on 22-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Brotherman

That's assuming the Roman Empire fell in a few decades. Just as Rome wasn't built in a day, it didn't fall in one either.

Just a hint, it took a few hundred years for the empire to completely collapse.

Are you asserting our empire is not in decline in its current state? Either way it seems the only power any president really has is to piss people off, it surely isn't a president that will solely change anything except maybe peoples moods depending on how serious they take these things.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

as opposed to the grinding halt we've live through for a decade now?

Here's something: the next president could in fact change the world

Supreme Court Nominations

I think it's foolish to think that a president is powerless without congress. Don't get me wrong, they SHOULD be. But considering our system wasn't set up to be a two-party ordeal, there are those that say "let the dems win so the pubs can F it all up and eventually the people will get tired". Or the other way around.. problem is, the republicans should've had the last election but blew it, now they're looking at a trump / cruz / Rubio ticket. que pinche....nothing can save us now. We're toast. On the flip side, I like toast....with bacon...and eggs...made into a sammich

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Record high filibusters, government shutdowns, etc.

Can you give us some examples of when the GOP agreed with 'everything' that Obama wanted?

1) Shutdown = Buzzword

2) How many did we have under Obama?

ONE. There were other Admins which had more shutdowns, which are fiscal DEFICIENCY acts which are MANDATED by the Constitution.

There were 7 under Reagan.

ONE...............in 2013

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Okay, I really gotta go, I have Pineapple on pizza staring at me.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I envy you...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm at a loss on how to respond to this because it makes absolutely no sense.

Are we having drinks with the pineapple pizza tonight?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Are you asserting our empire is not in decline in its current state?

Yes.

As to BatheInTheFountain, the threat of shutdown was pretty common and the lack of an established budget because of congressional inaction was the cause. We had more than one shutdown, we had one major shutdown and a handful of partial shutdowns. Enjoy your pizza!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I wonder if the way I feel about our government and our politics in not only America but globally is how roman citizens felt shortly before the world plunged into the dark ages?
written by money whores to lie, steal, embezzle, blackmail, extort, poison, torture, enslave, murder.
JFK's assassination. MLK, RFK, Malcolm X., Vietnam, the air trafficker's strike that Reagan crushed, Iran-Contra.
Bill Clinton he was charming… like a pimp. And boy did he pimp you out at the expense of Randy Weaver and his family, the 81 casualties at Waco, the peoples of the former Yugoslavia.......The Congress has more power than the executive branch.
Sure the President can sign or veto bills but the important point to remember is it all starts with Congress.
www.kickthemallout.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and only raise taxes 1 trillion instead of 1.96 trillion.

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and only eliminate most of our rights, not all of them.

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and start only some of the wars they want.

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and only make 75 billion dollar ransom payments to Iran.

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and only partially appease ISiS.

With Hillary or Bernie, the GOP will just "compromise" and only mildly insult our allies.

imho

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Are you asserting our empire is not in decline in its current state?

Yes.

As to BatheInTheFountain, the threat of shutdown was pretty common and the lack of an established budget because of congressional inaction was the cause. We had more than one shutdown, we had one major shutdown and a handful of partial shutdowns. Enjoy your pizza!

I think your delusional. If we are not in decline then we are doing well? Oh dear.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah these cold hard facts just point towards a Trump landslide.

All those GOP are there because a majority of people across the country oppose what the Democrats have stood for under Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: links234yeah he is great until he is so liberal with Islamic immigrants and raising taxes out of the park, other than that he is cool. a little too PC as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Yeah these cold hard facts just point towards a Trump landslide.

All those GOP are there because a majority of people across the country oppose what the Democrats have stood for under Obama.

... or, or ... because the Republicans have much, much gotten better at gerrymandering ...

REDMAP - The Redistricting Majority Project

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain Daym you are knowledgeable. Thanks for that info.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I think Trump voters are way more enthusiastic about him than the Bernie voters are about Bernie.

Well, I think you are wrong.

In a Sanders vs Trump matchup, Sanders is ahead:

General Election: Trump vs. Sanders
46.8Sanders (D)+5.3
41.5Trump (R)

General Election: Trump vs. Sanders polls aggregated

edit on 1/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank God the States still have control.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Thank God the States still have control.

I'm not surprised that you favor the usurpation of the Constitution in favor of your own political interests.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I bet there's more Democrat gerrymandering in Democrat States.

Sour grapes always gets in the way doesn't it.

Democrats' revenge in 2012: a radical Illinois gerrymander

the maps

edit on Jan-23-2016 by xuenchen because: sorosism

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join