It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Fighter Lines Saved? Qatar wants 73 F-15Es, Kuwait Wants 28 FA-18E/Fs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Holy crap.

Here I thought the F-15 line was doomed to extinction, but an order of 73 jets is pretty big. To think little Qatar will have that many fighters compared to French Air Force's 99 Rafales...whoa. Then there's the Kuwaiti order of 28 Rhinos. 101 new jets would certainly help Boeing's lines stay open in a big way. If only they could get through the foreign sales program office.

link.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Guarantee Boeing's lobbyists are working overtime on this one. Current dealings with Iran might put the brakes on it though.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It'll go through soon enough. This deal is too big to let a non-US company grab it.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's what I was thinking, especially with the results of the LRS-B procurement. It'll probably get Lockheed to back off the protest a bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

This deal will get approved, a substantial black project will get thrown at Lockheed, and the bomber will be upheld.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Is the LRS-B getting a supposed never-to-be-seen-even-well-after-it's-been-retried companion like the F-117?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hell of a way to throw lockheed and boeing a bone.

And everyone is, if not happy, at least getting a piece of the pie and not complaining as much.
edit on 22-1-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Fastest way to ensure everyone gets what they want.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
These are fighter bombers well capable of going nuclear if needed.....they are going to sworn enemies of Iran....it will go through no doubt.....

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Only catch is neither country (Qatar nor Kuwait) are nuclear armed. Even if they were going to Saudi Arabia, despite rumors of Pakistan holding nuclear weapons in escrow for them, wouldn't place such weapons on their aircraft. I don't think Israel would allow their hegemony over nuclear weapons in the region to end.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Perhaps keeping these lines open might keep those countries getting cold feet about the F-35 from taking their orders out of America.

The Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, or even the JAS-39 "NG" Gripen, have been openly considered by some of the countries that have previously committed to the F-35 prior to it's development dramas.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Truthfully pardner....I think they (nukes) are a lot easier come by than that....
I suspect the Saudis are already well hung.......
Iran is likely in possession in my opinion as well.....
The two recipients are Saudi allies and that's a lot of firepower regardless..........
These jets can carry the entire US Bomb ordinance menu...like jdams etc....

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It's a no-brainer to keep the lines open as long as possible, IMO. At least then if the US does enter a large scale conflict tbeg can scale up quickly.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obama is expected to announce the approval of the Qatari F-15s & Kuwaiti F/A-18s this week.

www.reuters.com...

top topics

join