It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department seeks extension for Clinton emails release

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The U.S. State Department is "requesting" 30 more days to release more Hillary Clinton emails.

The SD is under court order to produce.

They are coming up with LuLu excuses like the weather and the "fact" that they miraculously overlooked some "recently found" emails.

They seem desperate to cleanse and scrub.

But they can't hide from the Sun.

The cats are out of the bags.

State Department seeks extension for Clinton emails release

The U.S. State Department asked a judge on Friday for a one-month extension to finish publicly releasing thousands of emails sent by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state, in part because a winter storm closed government offices.

The department said in a federal court filing it needed until Feb. 29 after realizing this week that it had "overlooked" emails amounting to 7,254 printed pages that it should have already shared with other agencies for them to review for sensitive information.

Ignore.

It's just a vast Right Wing

CONspiracy !!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What are they planning thirty days from now that will make those emails trivial by comparison?

Is there going to be another Super Bowl War?

Bad subjects

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The emails would have been coming out hours before people in Iowa cast ballots.

Extending it just shields Clinton from fallout in those early primary states.

Political Theatre at it's finest. Seems she still has a lot of friends in the State Department.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Clearly they are stalling because the US government are the kings at quick action - they invaded Afghanistan 26 days after 9/11 and rolled out the Patriot Act 45 days after 9/11.

Oh what a tangled web I weave, when first I practice to deceive - Clinton 2016 Presidential campaign motto

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Exactly.

First thing I thought when I saw the thread title was 'OK, how many primary dates are they going to ask for so they can avoid damaging her already weakened position against Sanders?'

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Weather? FFS.

Do these people get paid by the hour or some sh!t?
Do they use couriers?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So Obama must be OK with this? He prefers Hillary over the Bernie?

This only helps Hillary in the primaries if it happens (if there is damaging emails)...but I thought O and H did not get along?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Gee, you mean NOW they're NOT being released just before the Iowa caucus, as they were originally going to be?
Quelle Surprise!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Obama is a master of deception.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ikr? There really should be an easier way to get the documents out. OH! I know! They need to get some interns to just edit to documents so that they aren't marked classified or anything, then just email them over whatever server they want. That's an okay thing to do right? a reply to: RoadCourse

edit on 22-1-2016 by boneoracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boneoracle

I believe they're blaming the snow for needing the extra 30 days.
#Clintonsnowjob
edit on 22-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Political Theatre at it's finest. Seems she still has a lot of friends in the State Department.

~Tenth

That or she's finally calling in favors from some, and reminding others of the dirt she has on them.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

After all this, and if she still gets the nomination-- it will convince me
she's got a seat in the Star Chamber itself. I shudder after seeing that
poster posting of her acolytes, still supporting her no matter "you said WHAT ?"

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This tyrannical bloodline will end. Perhaps, we should deport this filth, along with the rest of their sycophants.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they are running behind schedule. Over 80% of the emails have been released and they still plan to release as much as they can on the given date. Yet, they are asking for an extension for the emails that must be passed-along to other agencies for review.

If these agencies are shut down because of weather and such, it may be tough to coordinate everything in a timely manner. We are talking about the government here.

As far as this being a conspiracy to help Clinton before the Iowa caucus, that seems a bit absurd. Sanders in already kicking her ass in Iowa and I don't see how any of the emails, if damning to Clinton, would change someone's mind to vote for Hillary rather than Sanders. That's illogical. The same applies to New Hampshire.

Clinton is killing Sanders in Nevada and South Carolina, so it appears those states are damn near locked regardless.

What use does such a conspiracy play?
edit on 22-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If it's a political move, this would buy results from 4 Dem Presidential Primaries/Caucuses to be completed prior to the release?

Iowa Feb1, NH Feb9, NV Feb20, SC Feb27

Not sure in the long run if it means anything, posting FTR

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like they are running behind schedule. Over 80% of the emails have been released and they still plan to release as much as they can on the given date. Yet, they are asking for an extension for the emails that must be passed-along to other agencies for review.

If these agencies are shut down because of weather and such, it may be tough to coordinate everything in a timely manner. We are talking about the government here.

As far as this being a conspiracy to help Clinton before the Iowa caucus, that seems a bit absurd. Sanders in already kicking her ass in Iowa and I don't see how any of the emails, if damning to Clinton, would change someone's mind to vote for Hillary rather than Sanders. That's illogical. The same applies to New Hampshire.

Clinton is killing Sanders in Nevada and South Carolina, so it appears those states are damn near locked regardless.

What use does such a conspiracy play?

Who knows what they might now about that race we don't? Maybe it's closer than we think. Early states provide momentum because, as Trump himself might say, everybody likes a winner.

With the Clinton legacy it's really hard for me to think that any and every possibility is absurd as a mechanism to get her in power. How she can be leading anywhere, other than a prison evil villain contest, seems absurd to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

They probably want to wait until after the election to show the scope of her crimes. I say release them all now and let the truth be told.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Stalling is beneficial to dishonest people running for office over people with short memories.

new topics

top topics

join