It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to keep up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good day to you all.
Been dying to join but just caught up and bought a decent phone. I'm not very exciting. Grew up in the eighties in NW of England. Big into the anarcho punk thing. On to the traveller and festival scene. Ended up getting into the rave scene. Bought some decks, got an addiction to vinyl and built a giant collection of techno. Did a bit of DJing and a lot of partying all while managing to work in a library and then onto a very big archive (both anon for now).
Have always been a big collector and have amassed quite a fortean library. If I'm able to help out at all I'm afraid it won't be an instant answer with links and pictures. More like a days wait while I find a book and look it up! Ah, the good old days.
Got a feeling I'll be asking more questions than I'll be answering but I like too feel useful. Found my way here years ago looking for UFO stuff but got drawn into everything else because I liked the style and the info coming from such a varied group keeps things nice and rounded.
That's enough rambling for now.
Its nice to be on board.
Hello from
Tulpa

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Welcome to the nut house, Tulpa.

I feel inclined to ask...
Is Tulpa a nickname or is it to do with the manifested spirit of the Shamanic experiences?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Hello and welcome!

I always thought working in a library would be a blast. For real, cool intro!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Welcome, enjoy!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Hello there and thank you.
Yeah, its an old nickname. I also thought it was a kinda clever little pun. Projecting my thoughts out into cyberspace and all that. Nothing seriously shamanic at all.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Hi and thanks.
Archives are better than libraries. You cand beat a one off, unique original document. You should look at some old tythe maps sometime. Tons of great info. Lovely art too. Shame they were for administering the parish tax though. Boooooo!
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thank you.
Nice to be here.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I enjoyed your thought-form. Welcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Thank you.
My thoughts are heading bedwise at the moment. Getting a bit late here. I hang around a lot though so be seeing you around.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

howdy or whatever. i'll be blunt why did you choose that name? just asking. do you even know the meaning of it?
edit on 22-1-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Welcome! Interesting name there Tulpa! Ive done a bit of reading on Tulpa's in a few Sylvia Brown books...quite interesting. Cya 'round the forums. Hold on....

Sometimes we go a bit f-a-s-t!!!

Mysterioustranger

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i haven't read anything from her but i would assume the concept is still the same in they're creation?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes. I've noticed the speed. Or am I just slow.
Hi and thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Yes. She postulated some of the things, entities, Bigfoot, aliens even...are a form of "thought creation" we create with our minds. (not sure I believe all her theory, but intriguing none the less).

She proposed that would explain a lot of sightings we in this world...encounter. Being of some Cherokee descent myself, I believe in some of her explanations (clarifications)....on Tulpas. Who knows!?

Thanks for the reply!

Best

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hello there.
As I said above. Its an old nickname. Unusual I know but sometimes things stick.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Speed is not necessary to maintain here...but things DO move quickly topic to topic!

Glad to have ya!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Welcome. I didn't know what a Tulpa is so I learned something new today.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

i make and use thought forms quite a bit for certain uses i'm part cherokee myself so more informationon those stories would be great. Tulpa huh just an old nickname? if thats the case i feel really bad for you

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Welcome guy.

Its cool to have you around. Whats the strangest book you have ever come across?

Can you scan books or is that frowned upon or not possible?

Either way, cool!

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I think youre not addressing me about the nickname. Thats TULPA you were replying to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join