It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea arrests US student for 'hostile act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The only person who can feel safe visiting North Korea is Dennis Rodman. He's little Kim's friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Some douche probably going to spread anti DPRK propaganda in the ironically named DPRK.

Let him rot.

And anyone else who tries to "spread democracy"...

This is the fruits of trickle down bushanomics.
The unwashed masses start thinking they're Bruce Wayne.

I meant John Wayne but I'm watching Batman and it seemed apt to leave it as such.

You hate democracy, not dark age enough for you?
Just chalk this one up to evolution weeding out the gene pool. Naïve communist loving university students should all take a trip to go see their Utopia.

(post by Chavez93 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Otto Frederick Warmbier

Really?

Made up name if ever there was one...i mean, really...'warm beer'?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chavez93

Sir I must ask, are you mentally retarded? The content and presentation of your post says you are.

Please state your objections or move along thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The U.S Government do not negotiate with terrorists.

They do too, I remember a story about a swapping of 4 terrorists in custody for a US Army deserter.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder if he was some form of missionary? Gone to take the word of God to the heathen. Bibles and such like...

That would get the NoKo's all sorts of pissed off. If that's the case, and I've no idea whether it is or not, he needs to sleep in the bed he made. Sorry, kid.

It may be he talked to the wrong person about almost anything...going to be tough to find out since there is no official communications at the embassy level.
edit on 1/23/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Whatever he was up to, he wasn't being either very good hiding it, or didn't care about hiding it...which makes him a fool imo.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah But even when he took that risk, I am sure he was warned of the do's and don'ts,unless the NKs really wanted some attention like food aid so they grabbed the first American as a bargaining chip.
It is believed the Hermit kingdom is going through very tough times I think there is a thread on dead fishermen being washed up in Japanese seas.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why the hell would any westerner go to North Korea! Stupid! They get what they wanted. Some people are too stupid to live.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thing is, that country is a bit crazy with control of information. Something like sharing an electronic tablet with books, movies, and music on it with an average person over there would be considered a hostile act. They just don't have that stuff, and people seeing it would begin to ask why. So when you get people questionining things, that's what the government there doesn't like.

So I wouldn't be to surprised if it's something inane or mundane that got that guy in trouble. And it is kind of stupid to go to places where the government is both paranoid and backwards when it comes to many things.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
dude why would even one go to NK?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Wait, so North Korea is not a good place to holiday? How about an adventure in youth to take in the world? No?

Ok but you HAVE to be able to go as a student to share culture and experience...No? Just the murderous regime in a state of war with our people?, Got it.

Who would of thought.

edit on 1 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Hi Tadaman NK sucs fuzzy baseballs , been up to the DMZ those guys looked miserable as hell , one is almost tempted to try and get those border guards to defect using a juicy fat steak.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What was it like.. ?

going to North Korea..

edit on 24/11/16 by 0 x 0 because: clarification

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Let's not risk the lives of our brave servicemen.

Let's send Bowe Bergdahl instead.

The PTB could also send Bradley err..Chelsea Manning, they could go as a couple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join