It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea arrests US student for 'hostile act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

North Korea says it has arrested a US student accused of committing a "hostile act" against the state.
State news agency KCNA identified him as University of Virginia student Otto Frederick Warmbier.
He had entered North Korea as a tourist with the intention "to destroy the country's unity", said KCNA, which added that the US government had "tolerated and manipulated" him.
It did not give further details, but said he was now under investigation.
The US State Department is "aware of media reports that a US citizen was detained in North Korea" and is working with its protecting power, the Swedish Embassy in Pyongyang, Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner said.
He said that no further information would be shared at this time due to privacy concerns.
North Korea sometimes uses the detention of foreigners as a means of exerting pressure on its adversaries.
www.bbc.com...

Ok do the U.S give out travel advisory against going to North Korea?? I mean who TF goes to NK uninvited , I know he is young but my current feeling on the matter which can be changed btw is to... leave his azz there!! NK is one of those places people risked their lives to get away from but this motherfornicator likes to push envelopes now his doing push ups in a cell.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Do you need the U.S to provide you with travel advice regarding North Korea, or can people work it out for themselves?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yeah, Going to North Korea is like putting your head in a alligators mouth .

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yup. Agreed.

Come see lovely Iraq! Or Afghanistan. Or Syria, or Somalia, or one of the other countries one should have a pretty good damn idea about not visiting unless you want to be at risk for arrest or worse...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Do you need the U.S to provide you with travel advice regarding North Korea, or can people work it out for themselves?

First thing I thought when I heard it! A college student went to North Korea for WHAT????

I am tired of hearing of people too stupid for their own good putting themselves in ridiculous situations. Sorry, no compassion from me for this idiot!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

motherfornicator

I don't know why but that just struck my funny bone just right. I'll remember that one.

As for the topic at hand, I have no idea why anyone would go there, what with the saber rattling that's been going on. Maybe the guy is a special kind of nuts, or stupid, or both.

Motherfornicator.
*Chuckles* I love that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No but at-least they can't claimed they haven't been officially warned and sue the government for their own negligence, now the U.S is put in a situation where they have to have a conversation with those assholes, or even potentially risk the lives of special forces to get him out.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some douche probably going to spread anti DPRK propaganda in the ironically named DPRK.

Let him rot.

And anyone else who tries to "spread democracy"...

This is the fruits of trickle down bushanomics.
The unwashed masses start thinking they're Bruce Wayne.

I meant John Wayne but I'm watching Batman and it seemed apt to leave it as such.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

No but at-least they can't claimed they haven't been officially warned and sue the government for their own negligence, now the U.S is put in a situation where they have to have a conversation with those assholes, or even potentially risk the lives of special forces to get him out.

The U.S Government do not negotiate with terrorists.
edit on 22/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ok do the U.S give out travel advisory against going to North Korea?? I mean who TF goes to NK uninvited , I know he is young but my current feeling on the matter which can be changed btw is to... leave his azz there!! NK is one of those places people risked their lives to get away from but this motherfornicator likes to push envelopes now his doing push ups in a cell.

I think they do.

But I think even US citizens can now take a tour from China, though I could be wrong. It's a very strict tour. There is no alone time except in the hotel room.

I grabbed a tour to North Korea from Beijing, myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well the U.S. *IS* successfully negotiating with terrorists.

I wonder what the "demands" will be this time?

The cat is out of the bag.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I think they do.

But I think even US citizens can now take a tour from China, though I could be wrong. It's a very strict tour. There is no alone time except in the hotel room.

I grabbed a tour to North Korea from Beijing, myself.

What was wrong with South Korea, great place if you asked me.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am not sure why but every time I hear of a U.S citizen in countries like North Korea,I immediately think SPOOK.Remember they(CIA,NSA you know 3 letters agencies love to recruit students....).Or maybe its the part of my brain that loves conspiracies talking...
Color me stupid but I still think he is a CIA spook recruited out of college,that tried to inflitrate North Korea for nefarious(for N.K) reasons...Either that or he is plain stupid.No one goes to N.K willingly

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What was wrong with South Korea, great place if you asked me.

I've already been there.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

The U.S Government do not negotiate with terrorists.

You meant to say should not negotiate with terrorist.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

I am not sure why but every time I hear of a U.S citizen in countries like North Korea,I immediately think SPOOK.Remember they(CIA,NSA you know 3 letters agencies love to recruit students....).Or maybe its the part of my brain that loves conspiracies talking...
Color me stupid but I still think he is a CIA spook recruited out of college,that tried to inflitrate North Korea for nefarious(for N.K) reasons...Either that or he is plain stupid.No one goes to N.K willingly

That or an idiot!

I thought the same thing but felt anxiety bringing up a conspiracy on a conspiracy website!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: wildapache

That or an idiot!

I thought the same thing but felt anxiety bringing up a conspiracy on a conspiracy website!

But what may pass for spying could be taking a selfie in front of a govt building or posing beside lil fat Kim's poster.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Lol I know,right...I thought immediately about that.then I was like YOU CONSPIRACY NUT...But hey who knows...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Let's not risk the lives of our brave servicemen.

Let's send Bowe Bergdahl instead.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sounds like natural selection to me. I don't see why the U.S. should save anybody that just goes there. But in the back of my mind I'm thinking "Why wasn't this Dennis Rodman?"
edit on 1/22/1616 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join