It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians; The Cross and the Spirit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Just look at his words, if you can't discern it properly I can't help you. Paul incriminates himself, I've proven it just from Galatians, and he is a false prophet. Even Jesus predicted it. Your reading what you want to into something you don't understand. Mystery Babylon has blinded you to the Pharisee and you can't admit it because you don't want to be wrong. I liked Paul, before I read his writings in full. People have been buying his crap for over a millennium and only a few know the truth. PAUL IS A FALSE PROPHET AND ADMITTED LIAR,

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting perspectives all of you seem so passionate. Stand up for your beliefs but always be ready to learn more about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 369elyon
You will have noticed that excessive passion gets one banned (observe squiggly line replacing the blank star on the posts).
It is appropriate to present a viewpoint with moderate language, keeping within the topic of the existing thread.

edit on 24-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

perhaps that was also the case with gnostic writers?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
If they were accusing their opponents of kissing parts of the body, that would not have done them any favours.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

funny you say that...

they were accused of all sorts of things... unfounded of course, by the church and those that followed...

I know you've read the "against" heresies age in the early church dealing with such people

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 33Iam666
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Romans 3:7 " But if through my FALSEHOODS God's truthfulness abounds to his glory, why am I being condemned as a sinner?

The thread Is about Paul being a liar, and he just admitted indeed that he is. He thinks God is glorified by lies.

He is mistaken, lies are deception, and wrong.

While we all agree this post was not about Paul being a liar.

Here we have a person, who with one verse thinks they prove that Paul has lied. But let's put the verse in Context and observe the text and see if indeed Paul did lie.

Romans 3:1 ¶ What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

The context shows that he is using a figure of speech known as a hyperboli. He is not saying he actually lied. the lie he speaks of is Something others are saying about his teaching. But what is the lie they are accusing Paul of in verse 7. That he was teaching to do evil, that good may come.

Paul was not teaching that one should or could continue in sin after Salvation. He knew that in this age under his dispensation of the grace of God given him, that a person is saved through faith, not of works lest they would have reason to boast before God. Paul never condoned sin in a Christians life. But he knew they would still struggled for even he struggled with his old nature.

Romans 7:14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1 ¶ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

He was teaching that Christ was the sacrifice that forgives men's sin and sets them free from sin and death and they need not do more than live through their faith by the Holy Ghost (in the the Spirit)

Paul never lied, they lie they promoted and attributed to Paul was one of the Gnostic view that one could continue in a sinful life after salvation. But Paul never taught that. He taught that those who believed in Christ should walk in the Spirit and if they did they would not sin. Paul is not admitting to lie, he is just telling us that how is it that God is using a lie to save if he was lying. There is no admition to lying by Paul and the context is clear.

The liar here is the one who posted that Paul had lied when he had not. He was dishonest with the word of God by taking a verse from its context and put his opinion on it to make it say what he wanted it to say. This is what false teachers and cults do to draw diciples after their own selves.
edit on 24-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This thread is part of a series which began here;
Getting the gospel from Christ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join