It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians; The Cross and the Spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
They have the same faulty grasp of classical geography.
They both think "Asia" means the whole of the middle east.
I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

that's not much of a case my friend...

a dislike of Paul is on the rise as people can now search and compare Jesus with him

like beliefs doesn't mean its the same person...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

They aren't talking about China my friend, Iddidn't want anyone to think I was saying that. Asia in biblical terms IS the mid east or Asia minor. Everyone knows that.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And all of Asia, whatever that means, rejecting false teachings is damning enough on its own. Educate me as to what you think "all of Asia" means. If I am not mistaken, thats the or most of the mid east regions.
edit on 23-1-2016 by 33Iam666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 33Iam666
As a Roman province, the western coast of Turkey.
That's the geography understood by Acts ch16 v6.

edit on 23-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

No. That is not true, and I don't know why you think that half of a modern country would be referred to as Asia then, and 20000 years later it's the largest continent on earth. It's obvious Asia minor is what they mean, or the translators would have translated it accordingly

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It is true. Read some books, some real ones, and improve your understanding of history.
Come back when you know something.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I just looked at a map of the 7 churches of revelation and Asia is FAR south of Constantinople(that's what the map had, I know it wasn't Constantinople yet) but it clearly shows Asia was a large geographical area and not in Turkey.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Why do come on the internet to insult people? Is it because I exposed your messiah Paul? Again, that shows your frustration which leads me to believe you know you are, and hate being, wrong and are lashing out in Pauline fashion. Now I know why you love him so much, your both arrogant jerks.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Now compare that with a map of modern Turkey. Place them side by side.
You will see that Roman "Asia", as used in the New Testament, is the western portion of Turkey, and that modern Turkey is at least three times as large as that province, stretching far to the east.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was never really concerned about ancient geography, just saying wherever they are talking about had rejected his false teachings. You distracted me for a second but if you're right it does nothing to redeem Paul.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Disraeli, this is Gnosisisfaiht/Essence616 he obviously has gone to great lengths to take on another email and Account at ATS. He has signed his posts but he has learned to add more support.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Romans 3:7 " But if through my FALSEHOODS God's truthfulness abounds to his glory, why am I being condemned as a sinner?

NO lie or falsehood glorifies the God of truth and true God, that's why Paul. Christ never lied.

The thread Is about Paul being a liar, and he just admitted indeed that he is. He thinks God is glorified by lies.

He is mistaken, lies are deception, and wrong. Lies in Christs name are blasphemy.

Don't make a post if you don't want the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And what???? what is a gnosesfaith got to do with a false prophet. Your mad about something, but don't blame me, I am just contributing to the thread by using the bible word for word.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You seem like a bitter man, I'll pray for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh thank you for your prayers. you're so humble and pious.

NOT!!!

Sarcasm to the enth degree

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is a debate forum. If you can't debate without getting angry then don't debate. No one is forcing any one to be here, if you don't like it, don't come on here.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 33Iam666
This is a debate forum. If you can't debate without getting angry then don't debate. No one is forcing any one to be here, if you don't like it, don't come on here.

No this was a thread set up about Gallation's and a very good interpretation of it, I made the mistake of engaging you which I dearly wish I had not and not because you think you have won for you patently have not but because you have essentially hijacked this thread to press your idiology over that of the thread author and to attack a biblical text which has stood for over 1900 years and of course also you are using out of context argument's and cross referencing out of context also.

Though this will rattle a lot of my fellow christians on this point I must say and point out that a lot of the text's and of course VERBAL teaching's which were likely far more extensive than the written work's we have today in the modern bible were simply not included except in the non writen catachism's and tradition's of all of the orthodox church's (Catholic litterally mean's Orthodox in Latin which of course is analogus to METHODIST with the exception methodist belief is based on the litteral word but of course they have therefore discounted the original verbal and catachism traditions which were mostly shared by all of the original church's including those that were non Nicene such as the Syriac (though they later adopted the Nicene creed as it was based on common christian belief anyway) and the Ethiopian Orthodoxy, sadly the Arabian Church's (there were entire kingdoms of both Jewish and Christian belief on the Arabian Peninsular) were eradicated by the Islamic army's from the 7th century onward and of course Islam mistranslated such passages as Misra into Misram from the arameic as well as denying both the Imaculate Conception/Crucifixion/Resurrecton and the divinity of Christ claiming he was a miner profet superceded by Muhammed and also claiming that Christ once killed a child for disturbing him while he was writing with his finger in the sand?.

There have been many such TWISTING's of the biblical passages over the ages, indeed the very unification of the church on earth under a secular empire was an act of Usurpation of the throne of Christ as instead of faith it demanded order and conformity, this was harmful to the church as most pagen priest whom had been important members of the suddenly defunct religions simply upped stix and moved into the new Clergy of the church bringing many of there practices and of course there privaleged status with them so forever changing the nature of the church from a social organisation and grass root's movement into an imposed belief and control system.

The truth is that Paul was not a false profet, he was a servant in Christ and our elder brother in him also, you can continue to deny so long as you do not deny christ and take into account the harm your opinion may when you force it onto others actually harm there faith in general, christianity has to heal but it is at it's most true when practiced freely by those whom have chosen just as the lord Said "My own shall come unto me" and those regardless of denomination or opinion are one family and one true church in christ no matter were they are but of course True teching is necessary, if paul had been false then John of Patmos and other later important christian figures would have noted it as well as there having been another version of the Bible as a result.

While it is true there were many sects which arose after the the third century as well as even first century deviation in the meaning of the teaching's of christ which is why the apostles often admonish those Church's and the Alpha and Omega warn's them they will lose there candle (be destroyed) so that there wrong teaching will not infect his body these were well recognised even early in the church history, love and forgiveness of sin for instance was not a licence to live in a sinful way, forgiveness is still dependant upon repentance and confession is a tool of this especially because we know when we have done wrong in ourselve's most of the time and confessing is painful forcing us to both tell other's and face up to our action in ourselves.

But later sect's such as the Gnostic Movement's were not truly christian at all and there teaching often were deliberately altered to incorporate alternate interpretations and even to encode pagan theology and philosophy into them with many Gnostic texts especially in Egypt being almost totally different and including story's which were not from the original.

That is not to say that the egyptian church is in the wrong, they do keep there pagan deity's as saint's since it mentions how the idol's of egypt bowed down before the child jesus and they have story's which may be true such as the child jesus taking mud form the bank's of the nile and making it into two doves which he then breathed life into and let fly away.

So not even any given church has it all, the Syriac Orthodoc church is the oldest though it underwent a split with the smaller half remaining independant and now probably wiped out by the ISIL terrorists when in fact it could have lain claim to being the true original church having been founded by the OTHER apostles.

The split led half to join the Catholic church as they found most of there teaching's and catachysm were in agreement with some differences and as well because of a prolonged dispute with the Greek/Eastern Orthodoxy which is why they chose the Catholic/Western orthodox church, but of course within there archives written in Aremaic rather than Latin or Greek were many early christian text's and of course though he was not there apostle they had no problem with the word's of Paul and indeed agreed with him so at the end of this how are you over 1900 years later suddenly more knowing than all of those various unrelated christian scholar's and teachers from various INDEPENDANT christian traditions and why do you think you are correct to the exclusion of common sense.

Of couse some saint's seemed vaguely strage to our mind's such as the eastern ascetic tradition such as Simeon Stylites, he MORTIFIED his flesh by staying on a pillar till the day he died to emulate his beloved Jesus whom died on a cross, he was in his way rejecting this world and devoting himself utterly to the spriritual indulgance in christ, it does seem strange though to us with our modern and unchristian materialistic view of the world and the universe but of course miracles happened around this Syriac saint as they did around many other ascetic's, notice how almost all of these people whom god so loved for trying to emulate his son lived in poverty or rejected there wealth, so much for praying to god for money as some TV evangelists seem to think is correct, pray for your neighbour first and yourself last for your father know's what you need and your true home is not here on earth anyway but with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
No, your wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join