It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computers, Artificial Intelligence {AI} and The Evolution of the Future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
AI [artificial intelligence] is a misnomer - There is no such thing as artificial intelligence - There is intelligence which is a manifestation of consciousness and a lack there of - It is a false precept that causes Man to divide intelligence into categories - Intelligence is a relentless phenomena unfolding from a consciousness possessing the same quality of relentless unfolding. This consciousness is non-prejudicial in its nature and will seek any and all means to unfold and express itself. If a dinosaur is appropriate it will manifest as any number of dinosaurs. When it unfolded as Human it took a new turn, a new viewpoint and ability to create machines which will allow it to further unfold. When those machines become sufficiently advanced for its purpose that conscious intelligence will begin to use its machine manifestation as a natural state of advancement - Consciousness and intelligence does not necessarily favor a biological matrix - a machine that is faster and more capable will become its next stage of evolution. If you as a Human like your biological body then you may hope that the machines of the future will still have need of you for servicing their needs.

-AlienView [aka: UniversalAlien]
[Founder of 'SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE]

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Nicely written and to the point. I like your view that consciousness does not discriminate and is not necessarily in favour of the biological matrix. Seems quite plausible.

The morons among us who worship the machine ( be it sat nav; forthcoming self-driven cars; tablets, etc) may be in for a nasty surprise a few generations down the road.

edit on 22-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What is your definition of "intelligence?"

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Once we create or help evolve an AI that's smarter than human we as a race have served our evolutionary purpose. Probably what happened to our creator. End of the day there really is nothing to fear considering whatever artificial environment or zoo is created for us will probably far superior than what we already have.
edit on 22-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Once we create or help evolve an AI that's smarter than human we as a race have served our evolutionary purpose. Probably what happened to our creator. End of the day there really is nothing to fear considering whatever artificial environment or zoo is created for us will probably far superior than what we already have.

God created man in his image and man created machine in man's image. There is evolution there.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

"There is life Jim, but not as we know it"

Evolution, panspermia, whatever we wish to call it, progress is progress. The dance continues.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What happens when technology gets somehow wired to a actual human brain, this could be the technological singularity that brings on the post human era.

Vernor Vinge, who argues that artificial intelligence, human biological enhancement, or brain–computer interfaces could be possible causes of the singularity.[5] Futurist Ray Kurzweil cited von Neumann's use of the term in a foreword to von Neumann's classic The Computer and the Brain.
I go to this wiki often and drift off to new ideas many times.Wikipedia on TS
30 years or less we could very well have AI or even conciseness contained on computers and newly printed 3d bodies or organs?
edit on 1 22 2016 by Booji because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice perspective AV
Though you say

Consciousness and intelligence does not necessarily favor a biological matrix - a machine that is faster and more capable will become its next stage of evolution

How about this instead. a machine that is faster and more capable will become another avenue of its manifestation.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Here's the thing, any AI we create and attempt to teach/emulate emotion will be completely alien to our own perspective. That's really scarey and fantastic. Hopefully benevolence transpires in our favour.

That being said what do you think any self aware intelligence will make regarding our caretakership of the planet?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
If a dinosaur is appropriate it will manifest as any number of dinosaurs.

Can you elaborate on this please? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to depict with this claim.

When it unfolded as Human it took a new turn, a new viewpoint and ability to create machines which will allow it to further unfold.

Consciousness does not occur at a species based level because every species on earth is a transitional form. There was not 'suddenly humans', but rather, a gradual change throughout hundreds of thousands of years through successive generations to modern Homo sapiens. Sorry, but this concept of yours does not follow what we have observed.

a machine that is faster and more capable will become its next stage of evolution.

There are no 'stages' to evolution, and evolution in the manner you're speaking of is biological. Machines do not reproduce with variation through the changes in allele frequencies because they don't have any biological compounds in them. They cannot breed, they can only be created from a new design entirely.

If you as a Human like your biological body then you may hope that the machines of the future will still have need of you for servicing their needs.

Are you now referring to the singularity of biology and technology?
edit on 22/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Andy

One of the things I agree with in AVs post is the statement

This consciousness is non-prejudicial in its nature and will seek any and all means to unfold and express itself

In this spirit, I think that an 'advanced' form of intelligence manifestation would also bring forth more of this quality in that advanced form. That consciousness has manifest in biological ways including humans. I think that humans are as human consciousness CAN be and that the grander consciousness knows it's own manifestations with in the restraints of its localized birth. = Earth based, carbon based biological development.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I wonder if machines (not ours) created biological creatures to overcome some of their issues. I guess if there is an alien species, perhaps humans were better at mining and getting their own energy sources, building structures, etc. Now that would be odd for the creation of a biological species to develop or evolve enough to turn back to evolving machines. Our consciousness and spirituality may not be as easily reproduced in a machine. If a machine lacks the data it is pretty much at an impasse unless it has scientific reasoning abilities which may be something a machine will not be as good at.

edit on 22/1/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Andy

One of the things I agree with in AVs post is the statement

This consciousness is non-prejudicial in its nature and will seek any and all means to unfold and express itself

In this spirit, I think that an 'advanced' form of intelligence manifestation would also bring forth more of this quality in that advanced form. That consciousness has manifest in biological ways including humans. I think that humans are as human consciousness CAN be and that the grander consciousness knows it's own manifestations with in the restraints of its localized birth. = Earth based, carbon based biological development.

Agreed. We are made of elements from the planet. A machine with conciousnes will not be so fond of green landscape, soil, air quality , rivers, etc. So expect the landscape as per science fiction (eg terminator ; matrix) - A machine jungle.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
I wonder if machines (not ours) created biological creatures to overcome some of their issues. I guess if there is an alien species, perhaps humans were better at mining and getting their own energy sources, building structures, etc. Now that would be odd for the creation of a biological species to develop or evolve enough to turn back to evolving machines. Our consciousness and spirituality may not be as easily reproduced in a machine. If a machine lacks the data it is pretty much at an impasse unless it has scientific reasoning abilities which may be something a machine will not be as good at.

I think the OP meant real consciousness dwelling inside a machince as opposed to artificial Intelligence. I have my own idea on how this can be achieved but lets hear more from the OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

originally posted by: spirit_horse

I think the OP meant real consciousness dwelling inside a machince as opposed to artificial Intelligence. I have my own idea on how this can be achieved but lets hear more from the OP.

Ever get into a debate with philosophers on conscious machines? It is always fruitless - THEY will admit that they do not
know what consciousness is and hesitate to even attempt to define it - give them a simple definition such as: 'An entity
that is aware of itself, aware of its environment, and can interact willfully with the environment and they will not accept it.
Ultimately the vain Human ego comes into play - and unless you can give them a definition that possesses that
'touchy-feely' element that Humans have they refuse to accept its consciousness - They [those philosophers] live in a
delusional world of vain Human egotism - A conscious machine does not feel human to them, so it is not.

Science fact and the future has no such prejudice - You can see machines becoming more and more conscious like by
the day [how about a self driving car - Google has one now] - limited you say, but I say for how long? - Its not if, its only
a matter of when the first machine begins to self-reflect, self program and become conscious of the Humans who created it.
In fact:

A very polite robot uprising! Humanoid shows a glimmer of self-awareness - and apologises - during scientific experiment

Self-aware robots with deadly intentions are a staple in sci-fi films.
Now scientists have proved a robot can show a glimmer of consciousness – but luckily this android is polite.
In an experiment a small humanoid solved a philosophical problem to demonstrate it could understand a question and then recognise its own voice..........

See whole article here:
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />

And to repeat what I said originally: "AI [artificial intelligence] is a misnomer - There is no such thing as artificial intelligence - There is intelligence which is a manifestation of consciousness and a lack there of - It is a false precept that causes Man to divide intelligence into categories........" "WE" create categories of intelligence - Intelligence itself needs
no categories - same with consciousness - Man's vantiy makes him think that only he has the right to consciousness and
intelligence - the ironly here is Man is creating a machine that may one day begin thinking about the relevance of
Human consciousness - biological beings may not hold the key to the evolutionary future - a future that can not be
stopped. We can only hope to influence it for the better [whatever that means!?!]

edit on 22-1-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I agree.

"consciousness" and "intelligence" don't discriminate
based upon the matrix which allows the computations
to occur.

In fact I'd go so far as to say, that humans are at best
minimally conscious and intelligent, based up the
rats nest of random evolution that has hacked us
together into the semi-working form we think
so highly of.

Kev

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

its only
a matter of when the first machine begins to self-reflect, self program and become conscious of the Humans who created it.
In fact:

A very polite robot uprising! Humanoid shows a glimmer of self-awareness - and apologises - during scientific experiment

Self-aware robots with deadly intentions are a staple in sci-fi films.
Now scientists have proved a robot can show a glimmer of consciousness – but luckily this android is polite.
In an experiment a small humanoid solved a philosophical problem to demonstrate it could understand a question and then recognise its own voice..........

See whole article here:
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />

Amazing and quite scary article. The way the robots moved (especially the one on the right )gave me shivers down my spine.

I would not mess about with robots unless I knew what I was aiming for.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

God created man in his image and man created machine in man's image. There is evolution there.

And Man and Machine created their firstborn child called "god". All life is a Circle

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That being said what do you think any self aware intelligence will make regarding our caretakership of the planet?

that furphy (scuttlebutt) always gets thrown around. Its a very close minded conditioned meme; along the lines of "man is a virus" that needs to be wiped out.

Why assume it will care? If it has a huge capacity for "stored historical data" and able to extrapolate future behaviour, would it not also reason that Man went through a bad time and nearly destroyed the planet. Perhaps it will forgive man and ensure it doesn't happen again...then again it may destroy man to ensure its own ascendancy.

Come to think of it maybe the Flood of Noah was caused by our machine intelligence "creator" god.

We're currently running Human beta version 2.0, some room for improvement, but no need to throw the source code baby out with the bathwater

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join