It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saskatchewan school in lockdown after reports of shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is my profile of the school shooter type, developed after much study. Let's see how the shooter, once he is identified matches up!

--the 'uniform' of all black/camoflage/trenchcoat look on the part of the shooter

--previous history of mental health 'treatment' of the perp

--reported multiple suspects besides the named patsy

--lack of any believable motive for the shooters' acts

--investigation taken over by the Feds, as represented by the FBI or ATF

--previous ties to the military by the shooter

--attempt by the politicians to impose new laws in the wake of the shooting

--extra guns and ammo found in the auto and at the home of the shooter

--strange expressionless look on the shooter's face during the rampage, or an inability to remember the act afterwards, which I see as an indication of mind control

--early start time to the massacre, so the story will dominate the day's headlines

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm extremely conflicted on this..I'll be keeping my eyes on the political talk afterwards.
edit on 22-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Native community of 3000.....issues run wild up there

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Luci6f6e6r

Yes one of them being more access to guns than if I may say, the average Canadian citizen, but only if you live on reserve.

I lived on native reserves for 4 years so I feel I know what's going on for the most part regarding the gun stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hmm.. My store supplies these schools' lunch programs!

I'm sure the local gossip mill will be busy this next week.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yea I heard about this but didn't want to post until more info came out about the incident.

Living in northern Canada I can say that substance abuse,child abuse and depression are rampant and lead to a multitude of violent outbursts and often suicide. Even in my community it's slightly larger then the one in the OP we have several teens and young adults kill themselves every year.

Tragic event to say the least. To all the people pulling the prescription drug card I suspect your wrong in this case.

Living in one such community people get high on everything from huffing gasoline,airfreshners,Lysol spray,hairspray,keyboard cleaner,chewing on duct tape,homemade Alchohol,regular Alchohol,cheap cut ecstasy,coc aine,crack and meth. Living in a isolated community many youths turn to substance abuse and the effects these have on their brains and bodies is devistating and destructive to say the least.

Many times the abuses are generational and the kids see no future no way out and events like this occur.

My heart goes out to the victims of this awful crime and I hope the shooter gets life, some people can't be fixed.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The names of the victims have been released:

two victims found in the home
Dayne Fontaine, 17
Drayden Fontaine, 13

in the school
Marie Janvier, 21
Adam Wood, 35

A couple of anomalies in the official story have emerged:

This account has the shooter being arrested after 15 minutes:

www.cbc.ca...
A 17-year-old boy now charged with four counts of first-degree murder was in a school building in La loche, Sask., for about 15 minutes before being taken into custody at gunpoint by RCMP officers ...
About 150 staff and students were in the school when the shooter arrived about 1 p.m. CST, St. Germaine said, adding that calls to RCMP about an "active shooter" were made almost immediately. Officers arrived at the school in about six to eight minutes, he said. .... St. Germaine said about three to four minutes had elapsed from the time officers entered the school to having the youth in custody.

This account has the shooter roaming the school for three quarter of an hour:

thestarphoenix.com...
After receiving a complaint about an active shooter in the community at about 1 p.m., officers responded to the Dene building and “immediately began searching for the suspect.” ....At 1:47 p.m., a male was taken into custody outside the school, at which time a firearm was seized, said police.

1:47pm is very specific. Were two shooters taken into custody?

Another anomaly is a reduction in the official death toll from five to four. How did that happen, when five deaths were confirmed?

thestarphoenix.com...
RCMP confirmed five deaths early in the day but Levy later confirmed deaths at that point were at four.

----------------

originally posted by: Athetos
Living in one such community people get high on... chewing on duct tape...

Hmmmm... I'll have to try that.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who is the shooter and why did he do what he did? Don't look to the MSM for answers. All we know is the kid is the silent type. But that is not a motive for murder. So what was the motive?

worldnewshere.com...
Jackson Janvier, 15, was also at the school at the time of the shooting. He said he saw the shooter enter the school and shoot one person. “Right when he walked in he took that shot, no second thoughts — he just shot him. ...He described the suspect as “a silent guy.” “You barely see him around. He went for school or would go for bike rides with us at times. He was just a silent quiet guy. He doesn’t talk about anything. He just sits there or walks around with us.”

edit on 24-1-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Not really. Pretty much every rural household has a rifle and/or Shotgun...or two. Reserves aren't special in that regard.

Our place has a long gun in each building on the property. We are in the first range of the Rockies in the Foothills and we, like all of our neighbours are on our own and wouldn't even consider calling the authorities to deal with bad predator situation. Even if you could, and they had someone available it would take them about an hour to get here.

Our ranch is unique in that it straddles the Canadian/US border in Montana/Alberta. Everybody knows everybody has a rifle and a shotgun because - of course we do. In spite of popular opinion we get less grief about firearms on the Canadian side than we do down on the Montana side. We successfully made the Canadian government stuff their "Long Gun Registry" and scrap it.

The cities are a different story. Much fewer handguns in Canada.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

You probably won't find out unless you're near the reserve considering Canadas stringent policies considering young offenders.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

On the contrary, because La Loche is so small and remote, it will be near impossible to keep a secret. You are correct that the CBC will contort itself into knots to keep the 17year old's name out of the press. But it is impossible to keep that under wraps in such a small town.

In fact "Cross Country Check-up" is hosting a call-in show on the La Loche shooting right now on CBC Radio 1 (2-4pm Mountain time) and they have had to bleep the guys name out at least twice in the last 10 minutes. People already know.

The talk is how this is the "Residential School/British/Catholic genocide" and not about personal responsibility. (Canadians are brilliant at blaming "the British" for all the bad stuff, but taking credit for all the good stuff as "Canadian!" from the same era.)
edit on 24-1-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

This why I said, "unless you're close to the reserve".

As a Canadian...I can honestly say I have never blamed the British for my problems.

In the case of Natives, yes, the British and French absolutely did a number on their way of life and it continued via the Catholic Church and Canadian government. These people are still affected by this today. There's no getting around it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
According to the newly released information, there are five dead already. I hope that the numbers don't keep changing as the day progresses. According to the official sources the suspect is in custody already.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It's a national tragedy that is huge mess and we nowhere near a solution. Ottawa talks about it a lot, but has done nothing.
The Provinces talk about it, and do nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join