It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska wieghs in on BLM Problem....sort of...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Hello new friends.....
This BLM controversy is getting a little more complicated as the periphery chimes in.....
A case against an Alaska man has made its way to Washingtons high court......
The link will explain more fully but.....

Man flying a hover craft up an Alaska river breaks down on a sandbar....
While hes fixing his problem....two Federal officers charge him for operating the hovercraft in a "National Park"

This is apparently "vorbotten."...
I believe too noisy was the reason....

The man fought back doggedly......eventually bringing both state senators and the Alaska state Government on side....
It would seem the lofty Feds didn't take into account the fact that much of the travel done in the outback of Alaska , is done by river....one way or another....

Their supreme egos will "rule" on this case imminently, and the implications for the standoff further south seem to add substanmce to thje conjectured mis management of locals lands by a far away government down in Washington......

I wonder ......"Did the Romans and other large empires have similar problems??"
Perhaps the whole structure of things just makes no sense, but merely perpetuates itself out of ennui....??."
Oops I digress....
Meanwhile back at the BLM problem....
Could we not resort to "hang em high" sentiments and simply discuss the issues without the emotional attachment?...
I hope so.....b
edit on 22-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

What does BLM mean? I think of "Black Lives Matter" when I see that.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was born and raised here, and honestly I have never heard of this guy before. He hasn't made the local news very much, or if he has I somehow missed it for the last 8 years.

How weird.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Bureau of Land Management. They control large amounts of public use lands.

Until recently you could just say BLM to almost anyone and they would know it referred to this government agency.

I've never heard or read about this either and I've lived here for 16 years now.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

In the linked article did you notice that one of our assistant AG's is going to bat for the guy in DC? How is this not on the news up here?

I did some quick searches using the guys name in conjunction with the local media outlets. There have been news stories -- as of the 19th through today. If this happened way back and has been ongoing...and people are donating and raising support...the media has completely ignored it.

Considering how slow news is up here, you'd think this would have made the news a few times over the last few years. Weird.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Bureau of Land Management is different from The National Park Service.
The NPS has much more strict regulations and laws protecting the land then the BLM. For one, most of the national parks I have visited, motorized vehicles are prohibited off road. It appears that the rivers in Alaska are different as they may be considered a transportation route.

edit on 1/22/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

....the conjectured mis management of locals lands by a far away government down in Washington......

No conjecture necessary. Congress has even held hearings on the matter:

THREATS, INTIMIDATION AND BULLYING BY FEDERAL LAND MANAGING AGENCIES

This is why I cannot condemn the civil disobedience of the Bundys and the Oregon protesters, because I'm so much more concerned about the lawlessness and abuse of power by the federal agencies persecuting them!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Hi, and I agree largely with your perspective....star for you.....
The reference I have made to former empires troubles with local governments in the past have bearing on this problem
Could there possibly a maximum size that governments reach which suddenly ends them up on a watershed they cannot then escape?
Some kind of disconnect is operating which has reared itself frequently throughout history.....
Shouldn't we be able to "do the math" by now....?

And is the moccasin telegraph broken up there?
I would have thought this was Alaska front page stuff.....

edit on 22-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Not weird at all. Msm is an arm of government these days. Why would they tell you all about this criminal's case? He's just a law breaker and of no consequence. The feds said so and for the vast majority of msm, that's all they need to hear, case closed.
How many more just like him have been fleeced by the feds and didn't have the resources to fight the fleecing?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah, that is pretty strange. It's the sort of story that would usually catch my eye.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So man broke the law and gets mad that he got caught? I am not saying the law is good but is that pretty much his whole argument? Operating motorized vehicles off road in Nantional Parks is mostly prohibited. He should have been fighting a law change and not going to the Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The reference I have made to former empires troubles with local governments in the past have bearing on this problem
Could there possibly a maximum size that governments reach which suddenly ends them up on a watershed they cannot then escape?

Hmmmm... good question! I tend to blame the loss of checks and balances. But in practice that would mean no real separation of powers, so in effect, yes, the government got too big. Especially when one considers that the Constitution was written to limit -- not grant -- powers, and leave the bulk of the power within the states. But the feds have used the supremacy clause -- at least as currently interpreted and applied -- to take as much of that power away as possible . Which, again, creates a government too big for its britches.

Some kind of disconnect is operating which has reared itself frequently throughout history.....
Shouldn't we be able to "do the math" by now....?

I would suggest we return to first principles. They could not do what they're doing without violating the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and natural law every step of the way.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ahhhh The Kiss Principal.......excellent idea!
As an avowed "anarchist" of sorts id go along with that!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wonder how many here have actually visited a National Park. The rules are for the protection of the park for us all to enjoy.

The NPS is far removed from BLM.

This guy was ticketed for operating a motorized vehicle inside a National Park. Pay the fine or maybe argue the river as a transportation route but don’t change the laws. I would hate to see what would happen if these laws were removed protecting our National Parks.

From the linked Source;

Funds were raised to finance his fight. The state's two senators endorsed his cause. In a crowning achievement, the state of Alaska itself endorsed it.

By way of context, in many states in America's great west, much land is owned by the federal government. That is a source of conflict with locals, who want to use the available resources rather than protect them.
I see an agenda here and it has nothing to do with John Sturgeon's rights unfortunately.

edit on 1/23/2016 by Devino because: added text

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Then why is the government contracting these lands out to major gas, oil, and mining companies after it is confiscated?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Or in the case of Harry Reids son.....
Setting up a huge solar power deal backed by china, to utilize a patch of Arizona.....a large patch

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The National Parks agency is part of the same federal government as the Bureau of Land Management. They have the same "We are gods" attitude.
The problem in these cases is the loss of local control. Since the lands they are "managing" SHOULD belong to the states, the local people SHOULD be able to determine how those lands are utilized to best benefit the community.
Holding state agencies accountable is far easier than holding bureaucrats across the continent accountable. It would also be more economically efficient to have local control and---it would be constitutional!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
So man broke the law and gets mad that he got caught? I am not saying the law is good but is that pretty much his whole argument? Operating motorized vehicles off road in Nantional Parks is mostly prohibited. He should have been fighting a law change and not going to the Supreme Court.

Nope...no sir try to think bigger....amazing aviation....intent....stuff like that too

I like to flyover private land you see...the law was established....the first aircraft to go into a cornfield set the precedent...learned that at mountain view junior college
edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Then why is the government contracting these lands out to major gas, oil, and mining companies after it is confiscated?
I think you're mistaking BLM or National forest for National Parks. There is a big difference. If you have a National Park near by go visit it and you'll see what I mean.

It was never confiscated, these are our lands and they were meant to be preserved for future generations.
The National Parks: America's Best Idea.

Got a link showing National Parks being contracted out to any of those mentioned? I wouldn't put it past companies to try to lobby government but as far as I am aware it doesn't happen.

edit on 1/24/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join