It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dole Salad Recalled After Listeria Kills 1, Sickens 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, this is unacceptable; I just bought (3) of the asian salad mixes, now I cant eat them
on a serious note, I am discombobulated with the vast amount of food that has been tained and making so many ill or worse, killing people. The Blue Bell thing was terrible, and the threat still remains . So now we have Dole. I am sure many more are on the forefront. My question is "What the heck is happening to these manufacturers"?

We cannot forget the most recent Chipotle outbreak

I will be only eating the veggies I grow moving forward, so there you have it ATS-ers, check your fridge and toss the Dole!!!

Health officials have finally traced an outbreak of Listeria that sickened 12 people and killed one to a Dole facility that makes bagged salads in Ohio.

People should throw away any salad that came from the facility, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

The outbreak was last summer but consumers shouldn't take chances, CDC said.

"On January 21, 2016, Dole reported to CDC that it had stopped all production at the processing facility in Springfield, Ohio and is withdrawing all packaged salads currently on the market that were produced at this facility," CDC said.

Dole linker

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Whoa there.. Thanks for the heads up. Will be forwarding this to my peeps. Almost bought a few bags myself this weekend.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
yikes - thanks for the heads up. I know I have some of those salads in my fridge.

Listeria is especially dangerous to unborn babies - it can cause miscarriage even if the mom suffers no major illness. Scary stuff! So pregnant ladies - know where your salad comes from.

Stay safe...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead WOW, I did not take that into account Veg! thanks

a reply to: PhantomOrion I LOVE (used to anyway) their Asian salad w/ albacore YUMMY

thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I never understood bagged salad. How hard it is to chop up a damn head of lettuce?

And I frankly think some people on this site already have head-chopping experience.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LMAO Augustus! ! ! ! !

I use it because it is convenient and I can just throw it in my lunch bag in the a.m. prior to deploying to work; it mixes FAST and it really tastes great

oh, and yes, many here have head-chopping experience

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Well, this is unacceptable; I just bought (3) of the asian salad mixes, now I cant eat them
on a serious note, I am discombobulated with the vast amount of food that has been tained and making so many ill or worse, killing people. The Blue Bell thing was terrible, and the threat still remains . So now we have Dole. I am sure many more are on the forefront. My question is "What the heck is happening to these manufacturers"?

We cannot forget the most recent Chipotle outbreak

I will be only eating the veggies I grow moving forward, so there you have it ATS-ers, check your fridge and toss the Dole!!!

Health officials have finally traced an outbreak of Listeria that sickened 12 people and killed one to a Dole facility that makes bagged salads in Ohio.

People should throw away any salad that came from the facility, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

The outbreak was last summer but consumers shouldn't take chances, CDC said.

"On January 21, 2016, Dole reported to CDC that it had stopped all production at the processing facility in Springfield, Ohio and is withdrawing all packaged salads currently on the market that were produced at this facility," CDC said.

Dole linker

It sucks, but lets not over blow this. How many millions of bags have been sent out? To be frank, I'm surprised we don't have more incidents given how much food gets supplied by these companies and how nasty people are in general. It is a testament to their overall safety and cleanliness.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I never understood bagged salad. How hard it is to chop up a damn head of lettuce?

And I frankly think some people on this site already have head-chopping experience.

Haha! I understand the sentiment ... But in defense of bagged salads, most contain several varieties of lettuce and additional veggies too. So it's not just chopped lettuce.

I've got three young kids and sometimes I am willing to pay extra for a few shortcuts to make dinner prep faster and easier. Ok, also I'm lazy.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
....and it really tastes great

Tastes great, huh? What, exactly, does listeria taste like? Do they put it in a little packet like the croutons and dressing?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I've got three young kids...

That is what we refer to in the industry as 'slave labor'. Let them do the chopping.

Just make sure you sugar them up first.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I just told my friend and will pass it along to others.

What is your avatar from, by the way? Is it a video game or movie?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Skid, thanks for posting;

My avtar is a introduction to a demonstration of the current animation pipeline from a company called 3lateral (who were responsible for rigging the faces in Ryse and Grand Theft Auto V) and Cubicmotion. It's not a render, just what the playback window in Maya looks like during the preview. Here's a video of them messing around with the rig manually:

I call him MR KREEEEPY

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That's really cool! Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is my thought as well. It takes less than 5 minutes to wash (and remove any bugs if your lettuce wasn't chemical'd) and then some quick easy chops.

It's like the common American recipes I see posted here, I guess out of laziness, convenience, not knowing how to chop/cook, or all of them.

Example:
1 bag of Dole lettuce (Dole is the best, not Acme brand)
1 package of Lame croutons (Lame brand is the best)
1 Tbsp of Bad-brand bacon bits (because other brands just aren't as good as this one)
1 4oz bottle of preserved-in-chemicals artichoke hearts, but only from International-brand
2 Tbsp of some-brand dressing

Mix. Eat. Done.

new topics

top topics

join