It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What Happens When You Ignore Synchronicities? Here's My Story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello All,

So I want to talk about what happens when you ignore the synchronicities. I can think of a few times that this has happened to me. So I'm just wondering if these has ever happened to anyone else, that would like to share their experience with it? So here's my story, which ironically also involved Steve Vai in it. Which is another reason why the one that involved Steve Vai again this past August was so interesting to me. But this one was going on many moons ago in 1999. If you didn't read my previous post about my Steve Vai synchronicity that happened this past August, you can read about that one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, so the synchronicity that happened in 1999 spanned over probably around a 6 month time period. It all started when the roommate that I had at the time, had gotten pulled over by the police, and ended up getting a DUI. Then within a few months, probably 3 months tops. His girlfriend was pulled over by the police, and she got a DUI. My roommate had met this girl through me, which was another interesting synchronicity.

I had gone to my high school reunion in Oklahoma, but lived/live in Colorado. Anyways, they had some little books there at the reunion, that you could purchase and gave the current addresses of the people that you had gone to high school with. So I bought one, and started looking through the addresses, to see if anyone else there now lived in Colorado like myself. It turned out that one of the girls I had gone to high school with, now lived in the condo complex that was right next to the one I lived in, in Colorado. We could walk to each others condo if we wanted to, it was that close. We hadn't really talked to each other in high school, so it wasn't as though we had a close connection. But what are the odds, could this be a synchronicity?

So we end up going out once when we get back to Colorado. I find out that she had worked at Disneyland or World as the Cinderella character. Which I also found interesting, because I just so happened to own a crystal glass slipper. No, I'm not kidding. I saw it at a fair in Germany, and thought it would be cool to give to the right woman, if I ever found her. So could she be it? What are the chances right? Nope, I wasn't tall enough for her was what I was told. (Sometimes other people ignore the synchronicities too.)

Anyways, she ended up getting together with my roommate after they had met, and like I said within months of each other they both had gotten a DUI. So at this point, I am taking this as a warning, and really minding my p's, and q's to make sure I don't get a DUI too. Not long after that probably within a couple of months, I get pulled over on my way home, I was probably 1 mile away. The police officer gives me a breathalyzer test, but I was below the limits for DUI, and DWAI which is the minor infraction below DUI. (The money maker.) But when the officer was walking back to my car, he received a more serious call on his radio, and had to go to that scene. So he walks up to my car, and says well you blew below the legal limits so I can't arrest you. But if I wanted to I could keep you here for awhile, and see what you blow then, because I don't know if you are on the way up or down with the limits. But luckily for you, I have a more serious call to go to, so I'm going to have to let you go. Then told me to go home.

So now, I don't know what to think, because I had gotten pulled over but had not been arrested. But I'm still minding my p's and q's because I didn't want to take the risk. Then the Steve Vai concert came to town in Boulder, Colorado. So I go to the show, which was great. All night long I'm monitoring how much I'm drinking, because my drive was probably at least 30-40 miles back to my house after the show. But I had been drinking Colorado Bulldogs all night, in those short little half glasses, and I was feeling fine. Then at last call, the waitress brings me another Colorado Bulldog. But this time, it's not in one of the short glasses, it's in a taller one twice the size. So now I'm going back and fourth. Should I drink the while thing, did they double the alcohol in it since the glass was twice the size, on and on.

I was going through a lot of things in my life at the time, and I didn't have a lot of money. Which meant that I hadn't had the chance to get out much. So I finally decided to go ahead and drink it, because I was feeling ok alcohol wise, and I didn't want to waste it etc.. So I did. When the show came to an end, I walked behind the theater where the bands do their load out of all their equipment, to see if I could get Steve Vai's autograph. There were a bunch of other people there waiting, and it was cold out being the end of October. But I happened to bend down to look in the backstage door, to see what I could see, and see if Steve was coming.

When I did, I was able to see all the way to the front of the theater, and I saw Steve in the lobby just past the front doors signing autographs and talking to some fans. So I ran all the way around the theater, went back in the front doors, and waited for him to get done talking with the fans he was talking to. So when he was done, I told him how much I had enjoyed the concert, and asked him if we would sign my ticket stub for me. So he did, and gave it back to me. Then I told him that I was hoping to make it to the show in Denver the next night, and he said "thanks for telling me, so that I know that I need to change my clothes"! (He has a great sense of humor.) So that was pretty much it, said bye and left to go home.

I hadn't been to Boulder at night before or that theatre before, so I wasn't exactly sure how to get home from there. But I started driving the direction that I knew that I needed to go, hoping that I would see the turn off sign for the highway. But the sign was so small, that I ended up driving past it. So I had to figure out where I could turn around to go back. There was a car in front of me, that also hit their breaks after they saw they they had driven past the sign as well. So I figured I would just follow them back. So we both changed lanes from the right hand lane to the left hand lane. Then turned onto a side street to turn around, and that's when it happened, with the bright lights flashing in my mirrors. Both cars stopped, because we weren't sure which car they were pulling over. But I was the one that they wanted to talk to.

So I walk the line with no problems, etc.. But they still wanted to give me a breathalyzer, because they could smell the alcohol. So I do it, and sure enough. My level wasn't high enough for a DUI, but it was high enough for a DWAI. (That reading ended up being proven faulty later on after further testing.) But that one half of a drink, that I had decided to go ahead and drink that night, was what had set me over the limits of the minor infraction. How do I know? I was told to give them my keys, and to come back to the police station in 45 minutes to and hour to take another breathalyzer test. So I did, and I was under the limit for a DWAI already. They gave me my keys back, and I drove home.

But how crazy is that? To go from one of the highest points in my life, in meeting Steve Vai and getting his autograph. To being arrested for a DWAI, both within probably 15 minutes of each other. Has anyone else noticed where they ignored their own synchronicities, or didn't take them quite as seriously as you should?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Each drink (one beer, glass of wine, 1 shot) raises your BAC by about .02. It takes about an hour to metabolize a drink. If you're going to be drinking, keeping track of how much and how much time is important and can prevent these situations. If you had waited around for about an hour or so -- just hung out or something...you'd probably have been fine.

The problem is, with each drink your judgement gets worse and worse. You simply can't trust yourself after a few drinks to make good decisions, and no matter what internal argument you have -- you usually loose out to bad judgement.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My Doctor told me never to give a breathalyzer period. 'Cause I can't blow that hard. yea I got Asthma
edit on 22-1-2016 by raypsi13 because: redo

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TomSawyer

Hint -

People who don't drink and drive don't have this problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I wouldn't think that I should even need to mention this. But in the above post I said that this happened in 1999. A lot has happened since 1999! Married, have a daughter, etc.. So I don't take those risks anymore, and I learned from my mistake. But that wasn't even the point to this post.

The point to this post is trying to see if other people 1) view some synchronicities as warning signs to them. Or what happened when they did ignore synchronicites, and were there any negative effects from doing so like I encountered?

Peace,
TomSawyer

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Actually Tom, I am more interested in your interest in synchronicity of ten years ago and then your absence from the boards for so long only to come back here now and still be so strongly into synchronicity.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Um ok. What is it you would like to know, and I'll see if it is something that I am wanting to discuss or not. I'm well aware of the fact that I haven't been on this board for a long time, and that I just came back recently. But I haven't bothered to check when I had made my last post on here, before I left. How many years has it been since I left? Do you know?

Peace,
TomSawyer

Ok, I got it, my last post was on May 16th, 2005.
edit on 22-1-2016 by TomSawyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
With or Without synchronicity that was a
great story Tom. I'm glad you made it out of
both of those. There is a big difference between
being belligerent and killing someone drunk and the
mode you were in. Unfortunately the time needed to drop below
the limit isn't always fair but the money to the city and lawyers
is the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good story, but other than the woman who lived near you in CO I'm not seeing how these events show synchronicity all that much. Your story says basically, "My roommate got popped for a DUI. So did his girlfriend a few months later, and I almost got one. Then awhile later I almost got one again." You were in an age group and social group that drinks. I don't see that as surprising.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Take this as a warning not to drink and drive. Let me be part of that synchronicity for you.

My uncle died in a car crash because he was drunk. He was so drunk that he couldn't turn a bend, he ended up crashing head on with a white BMW. One the the bones in his leg pierced his lung. The front of his car was crushed.

I hadn't seen him in years, however I started having dreams that came true about 2 months before he died. Then I had a dream of what looked like my uncle in a car crash, he was drunk, he couldn't take a bend, and he was driving a small car and it crashed into a white BMW. In the dream I was above the events, in the events, everything.

The problem was that in the dream my uncle was wearing a suit. My uncle NEVER wore a suit. He also lived 350 miles away and I hadn't spoken to him in years, so it's not like I'm going to phone him up about weird dreams.

I told my mother the next day about these weird dreams and asking her what she thinks. But I didn't tell her it was my uncle. I just said what do you think? and she started to tell me stories of my grandma being a bit psychic, and used to read tea leaves for people, but stopped when she told someone their daughter was going to drown.....and they did.....

Anyway cut a long story short because other wierd things happened around that time. My mother got a phone call that my uncle died in a car crash. She asked me about the dream again, she never told my father (my uncles brother).

In the Inquest, they found that my uncle was driving back from a pub after he attended a funeral, and that is why he was wearing a suit.
edit on 22 1 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Interesting!

On the other side of the coin...

I've encountered a lot of apparent synchronicity in my life since about the mid-90s. One particular thread has been quite persistent and unrelenting over the years. While skeptical of their significance, I keep them in the back of my mind. A few years ago I decided to experiment with investigating, considering, and analyzing them, as they began to have some associations with unusual events in my life and the lives of those around me. Some were truly baffling and inexplicable so, while still skeptical, I figured it couldn't hurt to pursue them. (Especially the aforementioned persistent, decades-long thread of events that will not die lol.)

I turned over every stone I could think of, attempted every interpretation possible, psychoanalyzed myself (and was professionally psychoanalyzed lol,) tried to place them into the larger timeline and structure of my life to search for relevance or things I was missing, and poured over journals relevant to them.

And... nothing ever came of them. There was no meaning found, no answer at the end of this process, no lesson (save perhaps that sometimes there are no answers,) and no apparent explanation. At least not so far. Which is not to say I've never had more isolated synchronistic events take on apparent meaning (I have, and have talked about the one time this happened elsewhere on ATS.) But this particular chain of events, which is now quite lengthy and still persistently bizarre, has defied any effort to scrutinize or understand it. So I simply take an agnostic stance of, "Well perhaps it means nothing and is all just coincidence, or if does mean anything, I'm not able to determine what at this time."

So sometimes paying attention to seeming synchronicities doesn't yield any significantly different result than ignoring them, depending on the circumstances.

Just to offer an alternate perspective. Not to undermine the significance of what you feel happened or could have happened differently had you heeded it.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This phenomenon is not only rare in that most people either dont experience these events or dont have the mind to recognize them.

Over the years i developed a relative grading system for the voracity and improbability of certain coincidences and or synchronicities.

In this system, something like thinking about an episode of a show you havent seen for a long time and then seeing it later that day is something like a 3 on my scale. Originally it would have been around a 7, but my research into the subject got very deep, and very, very scary.

Tread lightly is my best advice because you never know what, or who you'll run into.

edit on 22-1-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I consider them both warnings and sometimes nudges in the right direction.

For example, A while back I posted about how I dreamed that one of my former friends came back before I knew that they were back. What I didn't update on that one is that not paying attention to the signs cost me a friendship, and then some. We were both going to be going to the same concert - I overslept, in the morning (had another dream that I asked her out, and she said no), so I was late to work.

Because I was late to work, I got delayed on most of my issues, which meant I had to stay later. All the way home, I was besieged by abnormally slow traffic (I swear every slow driver in town was in my lane). I also developed a Charley horse while waiting in the car to get in the bar.

The short answer was: Had I not gone to the bar and concert, I wouldn't be nursing a wounded heart right now; usually, my dreams don't lie when it's that specific...Decided for once I'd go against the flow, and I got what was coming for me.

-foss

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story on this. That would definitely make it real, real fast I would imagine. If you don't mind me asking? Do you ignore warnings that you receive now, or was that experience something that made you resolute in your convictions towards it? I'm just wondering if it affected your view of messages and how seriously you took them after that experience?

Thanks again,
TomSawyer

P.S. I gave you a star, you deserve it for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I also think that you deserve a star for sharing that as well. I had a similar experience a few days ago. Where I was going to an appointment, but was unsure if it was something I was supposed to do. Then I saw a huge flock of birds flying away from where I was heading. I figured it was a sign, but wasn't sure, and I didn't want to cancel at such short notice. So I went ahead and kept it. It didn't take long for me to regret that one. I actually hate myself when I ignore these things, and get burned in the process. But I haven't learned my lesson yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

So I would like to hear more specifics about your experience with this, if you wouldn't mind sharing. What about your research was scary, and what do you mean by "you never know what, or who you'll run into". If you would rather PM about this, I would be fine with that as well.

Thanks,
TomSawyer

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomSawyer
a reply to: Debunkology
Do you ignore warnings that you receive now, or was that experience something that made you resolute in your convictions towards it? I'm just wondering if it affected your view of messages and how seriously you took them after that experience?

It certainly changed my view of the world. Before that happened if someone would have talked to me about synchronicities/coincidences/dreams etc., I would have just laughed at the idea.

I did have a couple of dreams after that, one that I had all the time, and another that just came out of the blue. But they were two dreams that did not make sense, I was thinking “That’s not going to happen”… But they did. It made me think that maybe our reality is pre-determined.

One thing that did change my life, was when I was travelling around the world. I was buying a ticket to travel to an island in the Indian Ocean. I got in line and bought my ticket, then I sat next to a girl on the boat. She asked me what my full name was, and I told her and she showed me her ticket. It had my name on it. I said “That’s weird”…. And then I took my ticket out of my pocket and it had her name on it. It was the weirdest thing in my life. She thought I was playing a trick on her.

So I was talking to her and she said she was going to travel to some place, I never had that in my plans. So I thought, “I’m gonna go to that place”. (I was also running low on money and was thinking of going home at the time). Anyway, I went to the place she was going to and I had the time of my life there, I also found a job (I had 4 jobs there in total), and I extended my stay. I also met my future girlfriend there and who I have been in a relationship since.

I think what is more important though than coincidences or synchronicities is ‘gut instinct’.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From about the time I was around 8 years old to about 20, I had a number of strange precognitive experiences, I won't bother to elaborate, but the frequency and accuracy of these events left me with little doubt that the future is out there before you actually experience it.

In a book I read that explains the idea of the forth dimension, it gave the analogy of a person traveling on a train. Although the traveler couldn't see what was coming down the line, in this case a field with cows, that doesn't mean that the cows weren't in the field before he traveled past them. The cows were already there before he passed them and acknowledged their presence. Time is like that, the future doesn't suddenly appear because you arrived to that point in time, it was already there before it happens to you, you just couldn't know about it until you experienced it. It's like were are walking backwards through life and are forced to only see what we have just walked past. Sometimes though, we can turn our heads and see what is in front of us.
edit on 23-1-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder if it earlier interpertations of synchronity, and other coincidences like these and supersitions behind curse words like God or Jesus, are what drove such fear an punishment among the common folk, churches, etc.

Then again they are always yelled out in spite of something. Gods ultimate weapon against humanity.

Recklessness

new topics

top topics

join