It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens are Silent because They're Dead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I cannot conceive of a sterile universe except for us......hogwash...and these guys have Phds so they get paid to spout this inane twaddle?

Perhaps you should read the report or the OP again as they are not saying that.

a reply to: SpecialSauce

Yesterday Scientists weren't sure how many planets are in our solar system and today they know there is no alien life.

Same advice to you , read what they said.
They don't know there is no Alien life nor do they say there is no Alien life , they are proposing an explanation as to why we haven't picked up any signals.

a reply to: Murgatroid

This sounds much more like Scientology than it does science.

How so ?

Just try telling an abductee that they were kidnapped and molested by a "dead alien" and see how that works out for yah...

I believe Alien abduction has more to do with Humans than Aliens.

a reply to: Snarl

I can't remember the last time I created a transmitter capable of sending a signal across the vastness of space and time to my alien buddies ... oh wait ... yes I can. It was never ago.

We started transmitting to the Universe the day we started transmitting radio signals , no need for special technology.

edit on 23-1-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think size is the key. If the universe really is so big that there "must" be other life out there, maybe its also so big that our paths will never cross. The probability of the size must impact on the probability of proximity.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

we've only sent radio broadcast into the galaxy for roughly 100 years or so and again another arrogant theory proposes that E.T's are just not there. We'll find them totally by accident, I think sending radio waves out and expecting a response is a foolish and futile effort. As pointed out in the OP chances of them using radio waves at the same time we are is improbable as #...

Maybe space broadcasting your location out into space may be something other civilizations learned the hard way.. If you get what I'm implying..IF we continue doing this, I agree with Stephen Hawking's stance on this, we better be real careful about who answer's the call on the other side... js.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I rekon the scientists in the OP article are fans of the Mass Effect series. Gallactic overseer system, resets/eliminates all the spacefaring civilizations every 50 thousand years before they destroy the galaxy themselves, which then allows the lesser species to evolve, rinse-repeat lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I don't get it..

What's the difference between being dead and not existing

But if you ask me .. I took a picture of him outside my window and he looks just fine to me ..

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

What's the difference between being dead and not existing

If something is dead it once existed , if something doesn't exist it can't be dead because it didn't exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Lol.. that answer was brutal..

Reminded me of the Knight of Ni.. Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

MORTICIAN: Bring out your dead!
[clang] Bring out your dead!
CUSTOMER: Here's one -- nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: What?
CUSTOMER: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: Here -- he says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not!
MORTICIAN: He isn't.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I think size is the key. If the universe really is so big that there "must" be other life out there, maybe its also so big that our paths will never cross. The probability of the size must impact on the probability of proximity.

As I mentioned in another post. it may not just be the size of the universe that makes intelligent life sparse, but also the span of time.

Intelligent civilizations probably do not last forever; they have a life span. For example, humans have been around for only 250,000 years, and it wouldn't surprise me if human civilization dies out in sometime before, say, 2 Million years (whether we kill ourselves, or our civilization dies of "old age"). Maybe there have been several other civilizations that lived in our general part of the galaxy, but they, too, have died out before we came along.

There could have been 30 separate and unrelated alien civilizations that existed elsewhere in our part of the galaxy one civilization at a time, never meeting each other, in the very short span of the 65 Million years since the end of the dinosaurs on Earth (I mention the dinosaurs just to give some context to the time scales I'm talking about).

edit on 1/23/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It's quiet because we are in solitary confinement. The warders are under orders not to even make it known we are in deliberate isolation...what i'd like to know is whether we are being deliberately kept in the dark because of concerns over what we might do when we realise we're imprisoned...or what we have already done in the remote past to earn our solitary confinement?

Knowing how power hungry and sociopathic our elites are and generally always have been, i fear it's the latter...we did something very bad ages ago, got our arses handed to us on a plate, and have been in seclusion for the millennia since.

Akin to being made to sit on the naughty step for many, many generations.

I wonder if an apology and promises to be good boys and girls might make a difference, and we get allowed to have day release or have regular visits?

I officially apologise on behalf of my sociopathic brethren throughout the ages, i promise not to repeat whatever it was they did to earn us our bird.

Sincerely...Humanity.

edit on 23 1 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

we've only sent radio broadcast into the galaxy for roughly 100 years or so and again another arrogant theory proposes that E.T's are just not there.

This study isn't saying they aren't there. This study is saying that they may be be very sparsely located, and odds are that it it would difficult or unlikely to find them.

It doesn't say other civilizations do not exist; it only says that they may be rare.

edit on 1/23/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Depressing but awfully plausible.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
what if we the human race are not special at all? buuuu huuu

created when the universe had been thriving for trillions of years

we are not so special, visiting our self wtf?

why haven't any one intervened from the future?

oh rules

rofl

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: missedinformation

why haven't any one intervened from the future?

Perhaps we're not there , if these problems face others in the Universe then we will be no different.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

xd

if the Aliens are dead then they did something wrong I guess

all the races out there, some races may have been wiped out by another race xd

why aren't we dead yet?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Completely agree. I could also imagine a scenario where two civilizations exist simultaneously but might never be able to overcome the distance problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: missedinformation

if the Aliens are dead then they did something wrong I guess

Maybe , or perhaps something happened to their planet or star , perhaps natural selection applies on a Galactic scale with only those strong enough to escape their home planet will survive.

why aren't we dead yet?

Luck probably which is also the reason we're here.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

our luck is pretty big if you think about it X D

earth is in perfect distance from the sun

without the moon it would be pretty !@$% to live on earth

oh all the luck

we are lucky that we haven't died out yet

but we are the youngest sentient race in the universe imo

the other "races" who may been living much longer than us have had much more time killing each others and facing planetary disasters than us

luck is on our side, atm

so I agree Gortex

edit on 23-1-2016 by missedinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Something is visiting us.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think there are alien races among us right now on earth

I also think there are other types of alien races who visits us and also abduct us

I think there so much between heaven and earth that we don't know !@#$ xd

edit on 23-1-2016 by missedinformation because: alien

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We started transmitting to the Universe the day we started transmitting radio signals, no need for special technology.

Out ... into ... The problem is we keep doing that. If there's anything intelligent with us out there, they must've figured out doing that is a BAD idea. I know when I want to find something, I stay very still and listen for that thing to give itself away. It's a natural ambush predator behavior. Maybe the universe was teeming with life ... and we aren't all that intelligent.

Anyway, great thoughts in this thread. S&F from me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join