It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul goes after Trump in new commercial.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: intrptr

Trump holds favor with the chickenhawk crowd, kind of like the Clintons.

"In a way I love war, I mean I'm really good at war,"

When was the last time Donnie went out on the front lines to fight a war?
He's no different than politicians who sell a war to the American people and convince them to go fight it.

Now wait a sec. Trump says he felt that he was in the military in the "true sense", so it must count for something, right? No really, he actually said that.

Trump, who received multiple draft deferments and a high draft lottery number during the Vietnam War, took off a shoe to explain the heel spurs that prompted the medical deferments. The Vietnam war, he added, "was a mistake."

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” Trump told the author in another excerpt.

'I always felt that I was in the military'

He felt like he was in the military in the "true sense?"

Lol, one of my family members (who I've met once, when I was very little) was in the military in the "true sense," and has suffered serious PTSD since then.

According to an upcoming biography and interview excerpts shared with The New York Times, Trump said that his five years at the New York Military Academy provided him with "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military." Read more: www.politico.com...

Trump is a megalomaniacal tool.

EDIT: Trump also uses little children to recite "Ameritude," songs, and if that isn't offsetting to one, I don't know what would be.

Oh, I agree with you. I just wanted to point out how delusional he is. He probably doesn't consider himself a chickenhawk because of this, either.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have a difficult time accepting the idea that Congress passes bills without reading them. How does one vote on something blindly or on what amounts to rumor from someone else.

It's almost as if the rep just throwing on some pork is all that matters. Then some members have the gall to complain about what is passed. Bribing is required to pass anything. Any wonder so much is messed up.

And of course that wonderful idea of "passing a bill to find what is in it".

When did we cross into another dimension of reality.
edit on 1/22/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Its a well established campaign strategy, you always have to go after the top guy.

If you recall the earlier debates, may have even be the very first one, they all went after Trump.

a reply to: amazing

Thats absolutely correct. The media decided that there should be 2 debates, one for the candidates with lower poll numbers and one for candidates with the higher poll numbers, lol.

What better way to ensure that one group of candidates gets left behind, while another group continues to excel...

It was a great decision for Rand to boycott that debate, on principle alone, but it also helped to propel his campaign: Rand Paul boycotts GOP debate, goes on media blitz #RandRally, sees jump in numbers.

A few people in this thread have suggested that Rand drop out. Problem is, if Rand drops out, theres no one left to support. Once again we're left with choosing between the lesser of two evils: Trump or a Democrat...

Some have accused Paul of selling out to the establishment and I can understand why. He has buddy-ed up with some of the GOP elite and has taken some status-quo positions.

But lets be honest. Rand knows that he has to play ball to get ahead. He knows that he cant be like his father and get near the White House. IMHO, he's a current day Trojan horse.

So I'm hopeful.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Had not seen this video thanks for posting it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join