It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul goes after Trump in new commercial.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'd prefer Jeb, considering he's the only thing near a moderate Republican I've seen in the race.

I tend to agree with alot of your posts, hence that really shocks me to hear you say that?

Maybe your computer got hacked?

I would have thought you would have at least sided with Paul over Jeb.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: gladtobehere

Can you please show me a quote or video of Bernie Sanders saying that he thinks the government should "control our lives"? I don't think I've ever heard those words come out of his mouth.

Is it not the same principle as voting with your dollar ? He thinks taxing more will solve problems. The only problem is the Government doesn't know how to control money so giving them more is not a help. Dont get me wrong i like some of his idea's free education is one, But at the same time free education will just devalue education like it is now.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Earlier this week, Trump suggested police surveillance of mosques, and praised a controversial program by the NYPD to spy on Muslims as “great”. He said he would consider former NYPD police commissioner Ray Kelly, who led that program, for a cabinet position.
a reply to: matafuchs

Asked by the Yahoo reporter about the possibility of a database for Muslims or “a form of special identification that noted their religion,” Mr. Trump did not reject either idea. Later that day, as Mr. Trump left a campaign event in Iowa, an NBC reporter followed up. Asked if he would set up a database to track Muslims, Mr. Trump replied, “I would certainly implement that. Absolute

And when the NBC reporter approached Mr. Trump a second time and asked about the difference between registering Muslims and what happened to Jews in Nazi Germany, Mr. Trump grew impatient: “You tell me,” he said

He said he would consider warrantless searches of Muslims and increased surveillance of mosques. “Certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy.”

Li nk

Link

[url=http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/us/politics/donald-trump-sets-off-a-furor-with-call-to-register-muslims-in-the-us.html?referer=&_r=0]Link[/u rl]

I think I'll pass on extremism, whatever form it may be. But hey - while we're at it, why not have warrantless searches of EVERYONE's home, because... you know, the big bad scary terrorists are gonna get you and the gubment needs to save ya!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Interesting.

Donald is definitely speaking to a wide berth of Americans. Remember when he ran as a Reformer in 2000? He had some good ideas, but maybe it was not his time....just yet.

His focus then was just about what it is now: fair trade, immigration, and health care. I think in many ways, he represents a lot of Americans who are mostly right-leaning, but are more open to some specific parts of a more liberal agenda.

Here is what his positions were back then. Do you see anything that has changed?

www.ontheissues.org...
OnTheIssues.org excerpts:

Abortion: Pro-choice, but ban partial birth abortion.

Budget & Economy: Prepare for upcoming crash, bigger than 1929.

Civil Rights: Tolerate diversity; prosecute hate crimes against gays.

Crime: For tough anti-crime policies; not criminals’ rights. Capital punishment isn’t uncivilized; murderers living is. Death penalty deters like violent TV leads kids astray. Hold judges accountable; don’t reduce sentences.

Drugs: Never touched drugs, nor alcohol, tobacco, or coffee.

Education: Teach citizenship; stop “dumbing down”. End “creative spelling,” “estimating,” & “empowerment”. Bring on the competition; tear down the union walls. School choice will improve public schools.

Foreign Policy: Post-Cold War: switch from chess player to dealmaker. Be tougher on China-we’re too eager to please. China: lack of human rights prevents consumer development. Support Russia, but with strings attached. Criticized Buchanan’s view on Hitler as appeasement.

Free Trade: Renegotiate tougher & fairer trade agreements.

Government Reform: Government scrutiny is greatest threat to American Dream. Government should do public works & safety & little else. Ban soft money; but allow unlimited personal contributions.

Gun Control: Dems and Reps are both wrong on guns. For assault weapon ban, waiting period, & background check.

Health Care: We must have universal health care.

Homeland Security: 3% of GNP for military is too low. Missile defense is inappropriate; focus on terrorism. Prepare for bio-terrorism attack.

Immigration: Control borders; even legal immigration should be difficult.

Jobs: Unions fight for pay; managers fight for less; consumers win.

Principles & Values: Non-politicians are the wave of the future. In business & politics, stands for getting things done. 3 principles: One term, two-fisted policies, zero excuses.

Social Security: Pay off debt; put $3T interest savings into Trust Fund. Let people invest their own retirement funds. No government investment of retirement funds.

Tax Reform: Repeal the inheritance tax to offset one-time wealth tax. Simplify tax code; end marriage penalty & other hidden taxes. Opposes flat tax; benefits wealthy too much.

War & Peace: Support Israel, our unsinkable Mideast aircraft carrier. No humanitarian intervention; only to direct threats. Use force to stop North Korean nuke development.

Welfare & Poverty: Let “saints” help teen moms; restrict public assistance.

edit on 22-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: crazyewok

Problem is he isn't winning at all.

I'd prefer Jeb, considering he's the only thing near a moderate Republican I've seen in the race.

~Tenth

An freaking Bush?

A BUSH!?!

America has had more than enough Bushes and Clintons.

You broke away from us Brits to get away from Dynasty Rule remember?

I"m Canadian, we still have the Brits lol

But that's the key point as well. Jeb is the least scary of them up there. Family legacy aside. From what I've heard, he's one of the only people interested in actual diplomacy on world issues.

Now I'm not endorsing him or anything, I'd rather see Bernie win, but I'd rather seem Bernie vs him then any of the other GOP contenders.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Trump is as new to politics
as he is new to being a republican.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Rand was doing well before Trump came along, I would rather have Rand than anyone else BUT its too late, he wont get it and I hate that. The anti Trump commercials are a waste of money, they are only helping the democrats at this point, just like Jeb commercials. Rand should have never called out Trump so quick, he would have made a great vice president. Rand is too honest and by the book to a fault.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
Rand was doing well before Trump came along, I would rather have Rand than anyone else BUT its too late, he wont get it and I hate that. The anti Trump commercials are a waste of money, they are only helping the democrats at this point, just like Jeb commercials. Rand should have never called out Trump so quick, he would have made a great vice president. Rand is too honest and by the book to a fault.

Rand is the least of Trumps worries. Apparently the Republicans have thrown him under the bus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(post by Foderalover removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: intrptr

Trump holds favor with the chickenhawk crowd, kind of like the Clintons.

"In a way I love war, I mean I'm really good at war,"

When was the last time Donnie went out on the front lines to fight a war? He's no different than politicians who sell a war to the American people and convince them to go fight it.

Donald loves Donald.

Donald Trump is the answer to the question:

Is there anybody in the world who loves himself, more than Kanye, loves Kanye?

~Tenth

If loving yourself disqualified anybody. We would have nobody running.

I have never seen people so crazy about one man.

Rand blew it. Now he looks like a poor loser.

Agreed. He's been looking like a sore loser since Trump's points started growing.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Post was removed by mods, deleting on my end as well.
edit on 22-1-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

GREAT FIND GLAD!!!!!

I like the commercial and really like Paul!!!!

And he needs to pick a fight with trump. It's the only way the media will give him any exposure. Hopefully Trump bites, and this should see Paul rise up in the polls.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Rand hung himself when he did not show up for the debate. That was simply beyond unprofessional and showed a lot. He gave up that day in my mind and lost a lot of credibility.

Huck was there and he is no chance in hell. He just likes to get the word out. Keep on swimming....Keep on swimming....

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

I had to star that! SO funny!

I like Rand. He's the ONLY conservative candidate I'd consider voting for.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Rand hung himself when he did not show up for the debate. That was simply beyond unprofessional and showed a lot. He gave up that day in my mind and lost a lot of credibility.

Huck was there and he is no chance in hell. He just likes to get the word out. Keep on swimming....Keep on swimming....

But they didn't invite him the the big debate, they invited him ti the kiddie table. I applaud him for not showing up for that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That is like saying there are no champions and everyone gets a participation award.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

That is like saying there are no champions and everyone gets a participation award.

You what I'm saying though, right? They invited him to the second tier candidate debate. Whatever decision he made, would be lose lose. Show up, you're admitting you're a second tier candidate, don't show up and it appears your having a temper tantrum. I actually think his stature and visibility increased by not showing up. maybe I'm wrong, but he's now getting more exposure than anyone of the other "Second Tier" Candidates.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I can see your point but in Sports there were plenty of times I was on a #ty team. Did not make me a bad player and even if we were in a losing bracket I showed up and played my hardest. This is how I was noticed by other teams and could then eventually play at a different level. To me the same thing applies. if you cannot take the time now, even if you disagree, how does that show how you would present yourself in the future.

He is getting exposure right now for bashing Trump and not his policies...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join