It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gregory Peck:An Actor Dies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
An actor dies may seem to some to be understated but Gregory Peck was an understated guy.
In a time when we have many Hollywood stars but few great actors it is the greatest complement that can be bestowed on him.
I am ,and always have been, a movie junkie but not for me car crashes and special effects.Give me a performance every time.

Peck was born in 1916 in La Jolla,outside LA.His film debut was in 1944 with "Days of Glory" he was nominated 5 times for an Oscar winning only once for his portrayal of Atticus Finch in an adaption of Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird".Rarely is a great book adapted into a great film but this was one of those rare occasions and it owes much to Gregory Peck's performance.
In winning that Oscar he fought off stiff opposition.Burt Lancaster was also nominated that year for"The Birdman Of Alcatraz",Jack Lemmon for "Days Of Wine And Roses",and Peter O'Tool for "Lawrence Of Arabia".Great actors and great performances all but it was Gregory Peck who won the day.

Gregory Peck made 60 films including:

Twelve O'Clock high.
Captain Horatio Hornblower.
Roman Holiday.
The Big Country.
On The Beach.
The Guns Of Naverone.
Cape Fear.
How The West Was Won.
To Kill A Mockingbird.
The Omen.
MacArthur.
The Boys From Brazil.

Those who love Cinema will mourn one of it's giants.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
& a true gentlemean! He will be missed!Never heard a bad thing said about him.A class act all the way!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes he was.......and indeed will be sadly missed!

join