It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Conservatives Say They Couldn’t Support Trump As Nominee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It's interesting, but its been part of the plan all along. The Donald will cause 30% of the Republican base to stay home, if he wins the nomination and then we get HILLARY! Dee dee Dee Dahh!

Hog wash. Voters vote. Those of us who feel it is our duty to vote will show up just like always. If Trumpy gets the nom, and he gets his ever loving arse kicked in the election by Clinton, it won't be because 30% of the GOP base didn't vote. It will be because Trump has no appeal to the swing vote or the moderates who can vary their votes between Dem and Repub in any given election.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the real interesting part will be when the RNC fails to give Trump the nomination (regardless of the primary election outcomes).

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Hog wash. Voters vote. Those of us who feel it is our duty to vote will show up just like always. If Trumpy gets the nom, and he gets his ever loving arse kicked in the election by Clinton, it won't be because 30% of the GOP base didn't vote. It will be because Trump has no appeal to the swing vote or the moderates who can vary their votes between Dem and Repub in any given election.

The Palin endorsement is sure to bring the moderates into the Trumpsters camp. Now if he can get David Duke and Michelle Bachmann on board, he's got the nomination sewn up!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: olaru12

National Review isn't what it once was...Glenn Beck has long been favoring Cruz over Trump and he's got the larger audience of the conservatives coming out against him.
Beck's audience has actually been diminished due to his denunciations of Trump.

The only conservative voice that matters to Trump is Rush Limbaugh (20 Million listeners)...and Rush has been steadfast in his not taking an overt position of support or denunciation towards either Trump or Cruz.

Then will Rush tell the GOP what to do and who to support or....

Will the neocons tell Rush to STFU and do as your told.

Trumps whole campaign is in the neocon/Limbaugh balance.

Popular support and polls mean nothing until the final days of the campaign.

Rush doesn't take orders from anyone...doesn't need to; his ratings are unparalleled.
ALL conservatives bow to him. With his audience, no conservative wants to get on his bad side by attacking him.

He is correct in not specifying a favorite among the Republican front runners.

Doesn't that concern you just a little that a radio host who is known for hyperbole has so much power?
Politicians should not be beholden to one guy of a mere radio show.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

He definitely has power...a great deal of power; 20 million listeners.
And, no, it doesn't concern me.

EDIT: As for politicians?...Politicians are media whores...they go where the votes and dollars are.
edit on 22-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

EDIT: As for politicians?...Politicians are media whores...they go where the votes and dollars are.

Just people should do there own thinking rather than let some old guy with a talk show to do it for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Those of you who feel like its your duty to show up to vote for the lesser of two evils regardless of how lousy the choices are, are seriously declining in numbers! A lot more people are wising up to this crappy scam and have come to realize that when you repeatedly show up to vote for the lesser of two evils, you're STILL VOTING FOR EVIL! Reflexively voting because you "feel" like its your duty makes a person part of the problem, not the solution. And further more, reflexively voting in a junked up, broken electoral system doesn't fix the system and as long as its broken, then your voting doesn't mean you elect a President of me! Which means, in case you don't get it, that an increasing number of US, don't and will not respect the outcome of these elections and will view the "winner" as illegally occupying any position to which they're so-called elected.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Bury them with apathy. Perfect.

Who ever said there were only two choices?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Just people should do there own thinking rather than let some old guy with a talk show to do it for them.

I find this highly Ironic and comical considering Trump supporters are listening to nothing but his rhetoric and are failing to connect the dots that dont make any sense , and are often flat out lies from Trump

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So who would these "top guys" support if trump gets the nomination?

Hillary? Sanders? The only republican I could posibly see running independent is rand Paul. I'm okay if they decide to support him.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can't understand why people can't see that Trump is probably the best option right now.

He has been the only one identifying the issues destroying the country, such as offshoring business via tax codes.

This is why are country is almost dead. This is why jobs are gone.

There is not one politician that will do this. Rand might, but he's too passive-aggressive to get in imo

Thing are not going to change with more pro politicians. They've run us into the ground.

I would like to see a study on Trump fans vs income brackects.

There is a major liberal disease in this country telling us sucess is bad.

As far as the article. There will be alot of people trying to conserve their gravy train.
edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: added to

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I can't understand why people can't see that Trump is probably the best option right now.

because hes not, in any catagory , out of any party.......Bernie is a better choice than Trump and im a strict constitutional conservative.....

Which is another reason im not for Trump

There is no arena other than building golf courses or trying to get land out from under land owners to build something, that Trump would be superior to any other choice in

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

As far as the article. There will be alot of people trying to conserve their gravy train.

I think it goes a little deeper than conserving a gravy train.

Real hard core conservatives have a completely different philosophy than the Donald.

And as much as you hate Liberals; you need to investigate Trumps background. He was very liberal in the past and that's why they don't trust him.

I appreciate Trump as a showman and a BS artist...But he isn't fooling me that he has any solid plans to change anything...

Have the Mexican pay for a wall along the Southern Border ....really?

edit on 22-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hmm, high influence conservatives with concurrent thoughts as that of democrats, libertarians, and independents like myself.

Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You're right. Everyone should listen to the establishment conservatives and vote Jeb.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right. Everyone should listen to the establishment conservatives and vote Jeb.

I never told anyone to do that. But the longer this theater of the absurd goes on...that's exactly what the neocon puppet masters will make happen. Anyway even with all Trumps money; he is still a lightweight compared to the Military/Corporate/Israeli/cabal that sees Trumps antics as the posturing of a fool.
edit on 22-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

National Review isn't what it once was...Glenn Beck has long been favoring Cruz over Trump and he's got the larger audience of the conservatives coming out against him.
Beck's audience has actually been diminished due to his denunciations of Trump.

The only conservative voice that matters to Trump is Rush Limbaugh (20 Million listeners)...and Rush has been steadfast in his not taking an overt position of support or denunciation towards either Trump or Cruz.

And other conservative talk show hosts like trump. So its funny I think this shows the split in conservatives. What I find fasinating is everyone is looking real hard for any evidence trumps campaign will derail. You see it here on ats trump sneezes and people will say see his campaign lost he can't possibly win. He tweets something and everyone goes nuts It's almost comical I've seen him attacked because his rich posted a comment we've been advised he's just part if a conspiracy to elect Hillary (this shows little understanding of Trumps ego he plays to win).What does this mean everyones watching trump and a lot of people are concerned. Bottom line is he's a serious candidate and people need to start attacking policies instead of just hit pieces. People have started attacking sanders based on his suggestions if people don't want Trump its time to so thr same. If things continue like this he will be the next president.
edit on 1/22/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
OP,

I doubt it it would do anything to his campaign. Knowing the indignation and vilification of Trump in the mass media, his supporters are immune to even what "experts" think about him. Some people are probably quaking in their boots knowing their only tactic (name calling, baseless ridicule, and a variety of other fallacies) are simply not working.

Don't expect this to turn any heads. All the Trump supporters are just going to use this evidence to reinforce their support of him. You have to throw logic out the window when talking to Trump supporters.

Case in point. There is nothing logical about appealing to authority. To think that because the "top conservatives" are doing it, therefor the bottom ones should, is quite humorous, if not utterly stupid. This sort of ridicule is the only thing any of the left wing have left, so it goes without saying that it doesn't matter if it is coming from the right either.

Awesome response,
I agree as well, and hope that if top conservatives do try to dump the Trump, that we just forget about whoever is being called "top conservatives" and fire them all, and form new top conservatives who don't pay any homage to the old ones.

The current ones are behind most all of the tyrannical government entrenching that is currently happening because they aren't trying to stop any of it at all, and they haven't been able to stop much, if any of the terrible things stripping away liberties and making us slaves to the state.

They are impotent right now and have been since Obama was elected, for all intents and purposes. The new speaker is a phony in conservative clothes, same as the old one. These people are in collusion with each other to remain politically powerful, and to do that, they have to remove the power of the people, and they are doing a real bang up job of that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
gee I wonder why the conservative could not support trump as a nominee. AH, ha, ha, ha , he, he ,he
Don't you have any better slogan. I'M sure you can come up with something far better than that. OH, wait, maybe NOT.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This mentality doesnt make sense, why do Trump supporters think its him or jeb, or him or hillary.......

They act like there are no other choices, when thats not the case.....

Thats a very narrow view, and a false premise at that.......

The problem for Trump is, there are other choices, many choices indeed

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join