It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Conservatives Say They Couldn’t Support Trump As Nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

If Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination, some of the most prominent conservative voices in the country say they would find it difficult, if not impossible, to support him.

Trump has sparred with many of America’s most noted conservative opinion makers over the course of his campaign, calling them “losers” and “idiots” on Twitter when they criticize him in columns and on television for what they perceive as his “clown[ish]” behavior, history of supporting liberal positions and demagoguery. But as it becomes increasingly evident the real estate billionaire actually has a real shot of winning the nomination, some are outright declaring that they wouldn’t support Trump as the nominee

What will this do to Donalds champagne? 3rd party?

Even some of the top AM radio Right wingers are dumping Trump.

Sponsored Links by
Conservative radio talk show host Michael Medved said he has begun to question whether he could support Trump as the Republican nominee.

“On the air, I’ve repeatedly promised to support the Republican nominee, whoever it happens to be,” he explained to TheDC in an email. “But Trump’s recent reconsideration of his own similar promise should perhaps lead to re-examination of that pledge for the sake of the survival of a credible conservative alternative in American political life.”

Medved said he finds both Trump’s personality and policies problematic.

If Rush follows Medved's lead; what will this do to the Donalds populist juggernaught? And let's be honest; Rush Limbaugh is the real leader of the conservative GOP and it's spokesperson.

I'm not gonna say I told you so just yet, but ....

And when the most influential Right Wing publication comes out anti-Trump; Houston we have a problem.

www.nationalreview.com...

Donald Trump leads the polls nationally and in most states in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. There are understandable reasons for his eminence, and he has shown impressive gut-level skill as a campaigner. But he is not deserving of conservative support in the caucuses and primaries. Trump is a philosophically unmoored political opportunist who would trash the broad conservative ideological consensus within the GOP in favor of a free-floating populism with strong-man overtones

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

The other possibility is, that as other have said...This was foreseen by Donald and calculated to tear the GOP apart so that they would be impotent contenders in a national presidential election.

This is getting interesting....
edit on 22-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't expect this to turn any heads. All the Trump supporters are just going to use this evidence to reinforce their support of him. You have to throw logic out the window when talking to Trump supporters.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't know what effect this will have on his champagne but I have a feeling it won't impact his campaign at all. Most of his support comes from people who were already fed up with these "Top Conservatives" anyways.

This just seems like the death throws of the "Old Guard" trying desperately to keep the status quo so they can keep doing things the way they have been.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Don't expect this to turn any heads. All the Trump supporters are just going to use this evidence to reinforce their support of him. You have to throw logic out the window when talking to Trump supporters.

and who shall we vote for then? If American politics are going to be a joke, let's let it be. Out of all the whack-jobs running, Trump is the sanest one.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

and who shall we vote for then? If American politics are going to be a joke, let's let it be. Out of all the whack-jobs running, Trump is the sanest one.

That's the funniest statement I've read all day.

(post by bradnelson8132 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As much as I hate it, this comment is beautiful in how it's structured. Not only does it stifle all conversation of the topic that isn't anti-Trump (certainly no-one wants to be seen as ILLOGICAL) but it also pre-insults everyone who might have had something interesting to say.

Honestly bravo.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
I don't know what effect this will have on his champagne but I have a feeling it won't impact his campaign at all. Most of his support comes from people who were already fed up with these "Top Conservatives" anyways.

This just seems like the death throws of the "Old Guard" trying desperately to keep the status quo so they can keep doing things the way they have been.

The "Old Guard" is the neocons and it would be a grave mistake to discount their influence in American politics.
They hold the military industrial pentagon complex in the palm of their hand. Real power...not some blustery, clown entertainer businessman style of power. I don't find it strange that they can't Trust Trump and consequently Dump Trump.

Personally I think Trump knew this all along.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's interesting, but its been part of the plan all along. The Donald will cause 30% of the Republican base to stay home, if he wins the nomination and then we get HILLARY! Dee dee Dee Dahh!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
National Review isn't what it once was...Glenn Beck has long been favoring Cruz over Trump and he's got the larger audience of the conservatives coming out against him.
Beck's audience has actually been diminished due to his denunciations of Trump.

The only conservative voice that matters to Trump is Rush Limbaugh (20 Million listeners)...and Rush has been steadfast in his not taking an overt position of support or denunciation towards either Trump or Cruz.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Just summing up my observations after having talked to many a Trump supporter over the last so many months.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Conservatives seem to spend their time trying to "out conservative" each other. It knows no boundaries.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If he does get the nomination and isn't overturned in a brokered convention, I'd expect the neocons to pack his potential Cabinet.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No problem. They can support Clinton.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

You'll find he does that in every thread...

The "top conservatives" say they won't vote for Trump...give me a break. Of course they will.

Many said they wouldn't vote Romney. Or McCain. Or Bush.

Maybe top libs said they would never vote Obama, or Hillary, or Sanders.

Bull. The "top" people in each party will vote down party lines in almost every case. This is just the media trying to squash Trump.

You know, it's funny, here on ATS when the media goes off about some things they're called liars and looked down upon, but when the media gangs up on Trump? Well, it must be true. The media wouldn't lie, would they?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
National Review isn't what it once was...Glenn Beck has long been favoring Cruz over Trump and he's got the larger audience of the conservatives coming out against him.

The only conservative voice that matters to Trump is Rush Limbaugh (20 Million listeners)...and Rush has been steadfast in his not taking an overt position of support or denunciation towards either Trump or Cruz.

Then will Rush tell the GOP what to do and who to support or....

Will the neocons tell Rush to STFU and do as your told.

Trumps whole campaign is in the neocon/Limbaugh balance.

Popular support and polls mean nothing until the final days of the campaign.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Medved is the guy who cried bear rape in the revenant I think. Glenn beck is a stand up idiot. Sounds like a real brainiac trust to lose an endorsement of.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Then will Rush tell the GOP what to do and who to support or....

Will the neocons tell Rush to STFU and do as your told.

Trumps whole campaign is in the neocon/Limbaugh balance.

Popular support and polls mean nothing until the final days of the campaign.

Rush doesn't take orders from anyone...doesn't need to; his ratings are unparalleled.
ALL conservatives bow to him. With his audience, no conservative wants to get on his bad side by attacking him.

He is correct in not specifying a favorite among the Republican front runners.
edit on 22-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Big Business already runs America.

They prefer to do that from behind the curtain in OZ, though.

Trump represents big business. They will never let him occupy the white house. Its too obvious.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
OP,

I doubt it it would do anything to his campaign. Knowing the indignation and vilification of Trump in the mass media, his supporters are immune to even what "experts" think about him. Some people are probably quaking in their boots knowing their only tactic (name calling, baseless ridicule, and a variety of other fallacies) are simply not working.

Case in point. There is nothing logical about appealing to authority. To think that because the "top conservatives" are doing it, therefor the bottom ones should, is quite humorous, if not utterly stupid. This sort of ridicule is the only thing any of the left wing have left, so it goes without saying that it doesn't matter if it is coming from the right either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join