It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what to tell someone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Whom thinks they are the second coming of christ...

This person claims he is the second coming even trying to prove his bloodline to king david.

From my understanding this isn't how a second coming occurs and a man through a bloodline doesn't do the work. Revelation seems to imply something far more spectacular. Just looking for some help to bring this person back to reality.

Insane how many people claim to be the next messiah lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NumberMan

Sounds like he's suffering from "Delusions of Grandeur". Seen it plenty of times on ATS in the religious forums. Nothing you can do to help other than to suggest he gets some help from a professional, as "Delusions of Grandeur" is normally one of the symptoms for schizophrenia.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NumberMan
Whom thinks they are the second coming of christ...

Matthew ch24.
Show him the verses where Jesus tells us how to recognise false pretenders to his name, especially v26.
"If they say to you 'He is in the wilderness', do not go out. If they say 'Lo he is in the inner rooms', do not believe it".
Point out that this can be generalised into one simple rule; If it is necessary to go somewhere to see him, if it is possible to go somewhere to see him, then he is a fake, by definition.
Anyone walking around on this earth saying "I am the returned Christ" is a fake, by definition.

Jesus then explains (from v27) that he will come in a completely different way.
"As the lightning comes from the east and travels as far as the west".
In other words, suddenly, and universally recognised.

This person claims he is the second coming even trying to prove his bloodline to king david.

We may have had him on ATS recently, under at least three different usernames.
edit on 22-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good scriptures, I also tried Mathew 24:23,24

Then if anyone tells you, 'Look, here is the Messiah,' or 'There he is,' don't believe it. 

Alas the guy has convinced himself the bloodline passed through Ireland because a book says so lol, that however isn't genetic proof and doesn't narrow it down to him. Regardless of bloodlines I myself am not expecting a human king.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

hide his meds

people who interpret fat books are not reading the same book

but really hide his medications

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: missedinformation

hide his meds

people who interpret fat books are not reading the same book

but really hide his medications

According to him he was given an all clear by doctors so he's not taking meds.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Throw him in a lake. If he walks out on top of the water....you may want to listen to him.
In all seriousness, ask him to perform miracles. Feed the hungry, stop a war, etc. If he can stop politicians from lying, I'd follow him anywhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

According to many they all where given all clear by their doctors

very few people say they take pills

think about

hope he doesn't hurt him self

GL

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Throw him in a lake. If he walks out on top of the water....you may want to listen to him.
In all seriousness, ask him to perform miracles. Feed the hungry, stop a war, etc. If he can stop politicians from lying, I'd follow him anywhere.

He hasn't gotten his "powers" yet lol

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Note the title says TOP 10 people. There are many more. What makes him the real Jesus, and all others fake? In the case of the guy in Australia, Mary reincarnated with him...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

That test would work in normal cases, but if he did manage to walk on the water he would still be a fake by the Matthew ch24 definition. It would then have been a mistake to have given him the idea that "miracles" were all the proof he needed.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Give him some water and ask him to knock up a little wine, for a party.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Yes, this modern idea that Christ could return by reincarnation is precisely what a false Christ would want to encourage, in order to prepare the way for his own appearance.

edit on 22-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Funny stuff thanks for posting I'll link him this on youtube and let him know competition is stiff in the messiah bizz

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ask him this. It is said that when the Messiah comes next to this realm of existence, in physical form, that he will bring not peace, but a sword. Ask him where it is, to see the sword for yourself. If he responds that it is division he will bring about in this second coming, then find his family, get the man sectioned for his own health by their hand, and make sure to visit on occasion.

If he pulls a sword on you, knock him out, disarm him, and call an ambulance on the grounds that you are worried that your friend might be having a psychotic episode, or a fit, or some such.

If, however, he does something totally miraculous, then tell him from me that the good book lied, because it specifically mentioned the parting of the heavens, and a whole bunch of other funky stuff was supposed to happen when he showed up for round two. You can also tell him from me "About bloody time you showed up."

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Give him a jug of water and tell him to turn it into Cote de Rhone.
Then drink that and go out on a boat and throw him in.
See if he swims back or walks on the water.

Standard Jesus test

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh he's not a friend just a dude posting about him being the second coming on one of my frequented forums

Just gathering some good material to snap him back and if not let him live out his fantasy

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

well you should tell him to walk the talk and cut the B# then?!

jesus was not just about miracles or something superficial like that.
He was about unconditional love, sharing and being very humble and kind towards all even his enemies. If he can do that in his life all the time no matter what the situation than he can call himself whatever he likes in my opinion and I would be honored if he could teach me that also.
edit on 1453473472137January371373116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, this modern idea that Christ could return by reincarnation is precisely what a false Christ would want to encourage, in order to prepare the way for his own appearance.

The bible kind of debunks that theory from the start, doesn't it? If the biblical Jesus comes back, it's hardly an event that will go un-noticed by anyone on earth. lol

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Oh! I see!

Well, that's a whole other ball game. My advice for that situation is to respond to every post of his with an instruction to go and seek psychological and medical advice about it, and to have as many of your fellow members do the same, as is physically possible. Let no corner of the discussion board be free of voices of concern, let no pair of hands respond directly to his points, without suggesting some sort of intervention on a medical and psychological basis.

If the site you are on features a signature at the bottom of each post, then make it your signature as well, and ask buddies there to do the same. After all...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join