It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unraveling the Olmec Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The similarities between the Olmec and Africans is irrefutable. The jaguar reference in the shamanic rites, the pyramidal construction that's was brought over from Africa, and the mining aspects of both "cultures". Metal has always been a driving factor in transcontinental voyages. Especially gold. The new world was always known to have vast riches.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
The similarities between the Olmec and Africans is irrefutable.

Apparently, if all you have seen is the heads and jumped to a conclusion not supported by the rest of the evidence. We have Olmec DNA, it isn't African.
Once again
Are you saying that the nose on the right belongs to an African

The jaguar reference in the shamanic rites,

There are no Jaguars in Africa, they are Leopards.

the pyramidal construction that's was brought over from Africa,

They are temples in America and tombs in Africa, they are not even slightly similar in construction and the vast majority of American temples post date the Egyptian pyramids by thousands of years. Don't make me get the Caral stick out and beat you with it

and the mining aspects of both "cultures".

Every culture in earth history mined, so its hardly conclusive that these two did..

Metal has always been a driving factor in transcontinental voyages. Especially gold. The new world was always known to have vast riches.

The new world was known to have vast riches only when the Spanish arrived. There is no evidence previous to that that anyone in the Old world even knew that the new existed.
Please, in future, do some actual research, rather than reading pseudohistory books, the former will increase your knowledge, the latter make you a figure for ridicule

What you have there, is a bunch of at best weak similarities, which are easily covered by the same species being responsible for both. Even children make buildings out of Lego which are larger at the base. But I don't see you claiming that there is a connection to the Pyramids there
What would constitute evidence, would be DNA, or something else which could have no other source but Africa, like African art, or African writing, none of which has ever been found in Mexico. Even with the DNA, it absolutely rules out that the Olmec were Africans, because not only is their DNA, not African, but it is native Indian
You are not even close, in fact, the more you talk, the more it becomes obvious, that you have never studied either the Mesoamerican cultures, or the African ones. Your argument is invalid and based on ignorance

So it is not sufficient for you to make statements without any credible supporting evidence, I wonder why you do...

edit on 25-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wiki has a page which discusses all the racial identification issues in detail
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The similarities between the Olmec and Africans is irrefutable. The jaguar reference in the shamanic rites, the pyramidal construction that's was brought over from Africa, and the mining aspects of both "cultures". Metal has always been a driving factor in transcontinental voyages. Especially gold. The new world was always known to have vast riches.

Hmmm...except it is irrefutable isn't it?

Which 'Africans' are you talking about, firstly?

The 'New World' wasn't always known to have vast riches.

Have you accepted that Olmec DNA is not derived from African DNA yet? It's been pointed out many times...
edit on 25-1-2016 by aorAki because: n't

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Marduk

As for his lie, he is pointing at a timeline and claiming that it says "Olmec" at 3000bce. It doesn't say that at all, if you download the picture and enlarge it you can clearly see that his claim is patently false. This has been explained to you several times now, is there a reason you are being obtuse ?

same question to you as to Harte. IF you could pretty please tell me what it says...I'm just not seeing it, apart from period names. Are you using some kind of special software ? I'm honestly asking in the interest of proving what you guys say.

Where Sitchin is pointing is to the 3000 BPE mark and it says "preclasico temprano" which in English would be the equivalent of archaic preclassic. It is the demarcation between what in Anthropology we would call 'Paleo-Indian' and the first organized settlements based on agriculture. It predates the Olmec by at least a millennium and the period roughly extends from 3500 BPE until 2000 BPE when we see the beginnings of culture beyond agricultural settlements.

It seems to me that Mario is hoping it says "Olmec" on the right side of the timeline. Marduk already told him what preclasico temprano means.

Mario is now hanging by the fact that the right side if the timeline might vindicate Sitchin.

IOW, he can't acknowledge Sitchin is flat-out lying.

Here's a hypothetical.

Your girlfriend isn't home. You get a call from a buddy that she's at a bar making out with another guy. You go to the bar and see her sitting with the guy. You slip out and go home.

Later when she comes home, you confront her and she claims she was never in any bar, you must have seen someone that looks like her.

You can't absolutely say for certain she's wrong because you didn't speak to her at the bar. The fact that you met her because she was cheating on her last boyfriend, well, that shouldn't even be brought up.

You know she has a history of lying though. She's actually makes money scamming people with her lies, right there in front of your face.

But you can't be sure she's lying this time, because you didn't speak to her in the bar.

Mario says she's being truthful.

Harte

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There are certainly irrefutable similarities, but none of these are those.

Irrefutable similarities between Africans and Olmecs run along the lines of both populations possessing 5 toes on each foot.

Or they both have two arms.

They make noise with their mouths that their cohorts can understand as language.

All utterly irrefutable.

I have a great many more. Perhaps I'll write a book.

I guess i should alphabetize it. Easier than creating an index.

Harte

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

A is for /......./

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
a reply to: Harte

A is for /......./

Everybody has one.

Harte