It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.9 EQ Is a Pre Quake for something much bigger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i believe the recent EQ's near Cuba & Mexico are a precursor for the next big EQ 8.2++ West Coast &/or around Cuba & FL. BE ALERT Please.

We Will See What Comes.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So nothing to back yourself up with? When exactly will the big one come? Days weeks months?

You see this is why I hate the dreams and prediction forums. Just another post clogging up ATS with no solid information. If this is the way this forum runs then I predict a big hurricane and tornado at some point this year. Got nothing to back it up but you gotta believe me

*sigh* why did I even reply, sorry I don't mean to be rude but dreams and prediction forum on ATS is one of the worst subjects

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There was another thread a couple of days ago saying the same thing, that all the EQ in that area are building up to something bigger.
Let's hope not!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GnosticMountain
i believe the recent EQ's near Cuba & Mexico are a precursor for the next big EQ 8.2++ West Coast &/or around Cuba & FL. BE ALERT Please.

We Will See What Comes.

I'd say the West Coast... San Andreas Fault. It may sound stupid, but I think that's the next big natural catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The San Andreas fault is not a subduction fault. It is not capable of that large of a quake.

The San Andreas Fault—made infamous by the 1906 San Francisco earthquake—is a strike-slip fault.

Source

I think we are looking at the Cascadia subduction zone going soon.

Bishop

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
So nothing to back yourself up with? When exactly will the big one come? Days weeks months?

You see this is why I hate the dreams and prediction forums. Just another post clogging up ATS with no solid information. If this is the way this forum runs then I predict a big hurricane and tornado at some point this year. Got nothing to back it up but you gotta believe me

*sigh* why did I even reply, sorry I don't mean to be rude but dreams and prediction forum on ATS is one of the worst subjects

Don't get your panties in a bundle....

I don't think the OP author posts to please you with what you want to hear. Also, if it's the worst subject, you really know how to waste your own time.

With that said, the OP should have a bit more detail. Was this a vision, dream, estimated guess or something else that brought you to this conclusion?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GnosticMountain

What is a "pre-quake"? Is that like an aftershock, but in reverse or something?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker*sigh* why did I even reply...

I was pretty much wondering the same thing. I hate Ice Skating, but oddly enough, I rarely find myself there berating skaters.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on the limb of doom and say Ecuador or Turkey.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What is a "pre-quake"? Is that like an aftershock, but in reverse or something?

methinks the technical term is 'foreshock'
en.wikipedia.org...
"A foreshock is an earthquake that occurs before a larger seismic event (the mainshock) and is related to it in both time and space. The designation of an earthquake as foreshock, mainshock or aftershock is only possible after the full sequence of events has happened."

still waiting for that other shoe to drop.
no hurry, universe, no hurry.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 22-1-2016 by ElGoobero because: add linky

edit on 22-1-2016 by ElGoobero because: add nother linky

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
7.1 in Alaska- ripples moving south now stay alert West Coast & Central Americas.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm paying attention now.

2nd

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Thanks!!! STAY Alert and be ready to move quickly.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

You're right: it's a strike-slip fault (system), but it could produce a quake of mag 8 (Mw) or fractionally bigger.

A report issued back in 2010 suggested it could reach around mag 8.1. Viz this excerpt from a report published in the LA Times on Oct 8, 2010: San Andreas fault capable of magnitude 8.1 earthquake over 340-mile swath of California, researchers say [Updated]

Now, according to U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Lucy Jones, it is entirely possible that all 340 miles of the southern San Andreas could be ready to erupt at any time. Such a scenario would trigger a magnitude 8.1 earthquake, said Thomas Jordan, director of the Southern California Earthquake Center, a calculation with which Jones agreed.

"All of it has plenty enough stress for it to be ready to go," Jones said. "The biggest implication of [the report] is that it increases the likelihood that when we do have a big earthquake, it will grow into the 'wall-to-wall' rupture."

There's also another wrinkle to all this. If the CSZ were to let go along its entire length -- or even just along its southern section -- this might place stress on the SAF, where it meets up with the remains of the Gorda plate at the triple junction off the coast of Nth Cal (near Eureka). I have often wondered about possible dynamic triggering effects.

The problem is, we don't really know what sort of energy interaction relationships there may be between the CSZ and the SAF. We're only likely to find out a lot more when the CSZ lets go again.
edit on 1/2/16 by JustMike because: coding glitch fixed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
These Cuba quakes worries me.
The keys might be flooded pretty bad if a big one hits.
It's not like we have mountains to run to should $hit happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Activity is picking up again close to Cuba and the Americas. no big sunspots either, be alert NOW.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Here we go just took a min geologically speaking only a milasecond!!!

new topics

top topics

join