It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Storm" Jonas"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you really want to see what the so called "back bone" of the Washington establishment is made of, just watch the next 48 hours of their future. This storm is going to cripple their actions and behavior and they're going to be crying like pansies for national relief .....ie: national guard for relief. Simply from a couple feet of snow. This is a normal scene every year here in the northeast, albeit this year is rather week, however, mark my words, they will fold. Their true nature will surface and all of us will see just what kind of fortitude our illustrious leaders are made of. I can't believe all the msm coverage it's all ready receiving.

You'd think a dam broke some where. I mean really folks. Our nation just went through some hellassious flooding all through the Midwest along the Mississippi and they're still holding on.

Just watch the next 48 hours of weather reports from Washington and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

I'd love it if that snow could move in a westerly direction and give us some snow.

Not that I'm looking forward to shovelling, but there's something about a powerful storm that keeps me entertained for hours.
edit on 22-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I'd love it if that snow could move in a westerly direction and give us some snow.

Not that I'm looking forward to shovelling, but there's something about a powerful storm that keeps me entertained for hours.

I hear you, nothing like doing a little shoveling to get you head straight

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

So, I am looking forward to seeing what our elites are made of. Whine and the rest of the US will be laughing and rubbing their heads. My state rarely deals with heavy snow but sometimes ice storms which takes everything down not to mention tornadoes and floods. Hoping they have prepared...or maybe they got out of town early.

Sorry to be so sarcastic...but I would love to see them have to tough it out like the rest of us and see their response. Most can't fly off at gov. expense to a more comfortable/convenient place.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

So, I am looking forward to seeing what our elites are made of. Whine and the rest of the US will be laughing and rubbing their heads. My state rarely deals with heavy snow but sometimes ice storms which takes everything down not to mention tornadoes and floods. Hoping they have prepared...or maybe they got out of town early.

Sorry to be so sarcastic...but I would love to see them have to tough it out like the rest of us and see their response. Most can't fly off at gov. expense to a more comfortable/convenient place.

They wouldn't know the difference between a pitch fork and a shovel! And left to their own devises, they would probably eat their young.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Oh twohawks, you are bad...or is it angry.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Not so much as angry, as I am disillusioned

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I lived in Madison Wisconsin for 10 years and Chicago for 20. Now living in Northern Virginia I am one of the first to make fun of people here who are freaked out by an inch of snow. But, a green Christmas is the normal here and they don't have the equipment to handle significant snow, and the buildings are not designed to handle what is about to hit.
If the models verify what they have been saying since midnight, people are going to be crushed to death by snow loads on roofs. If you want to see serious discussion about how bad this likely will be, read this thread:
www.americanwx.com...americanwx.com
edit on 22-1-2016 by Oleman because: fix link

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It has hit here in western Kentucky---about an hour ago. We had about an inch on the ground. Within 30 minutes all the tracks in the old snow were covered. If we're lucky it will move along quickly.
We had three days warning so if people aren't prepared it is on them.
Our governor has already shut down state government and stationed the National Guard along some of the interstates.
Presently we're in white-out conditions.
We have plenty of wood on the porch, food in the pantry and books on the shelf.
Those who must travel are in my thoughts and prayers today.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Every year the Northeast gets a couple of winter storms. Last winter there were several bad ones. I can't believe the hype this storm is getting in the msm. It's ridiculous. It's winter and to be expected.

They've been reporting on this for over a week as if it's a hurricane or the storm of the century. It's normal winter weather.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Every year the Northeast gets a couple of winter storms. Last winter there were several bad ones. I can't believe the hype this storm is getting in the msm. It's ridiculous. It's winter and to be expected.

They've been reporting on this for over a week as if it's a hurricane or the storm of the century. It's normal winter weather.

I agree.

In my words, I would say the media turns almost any potential storm into a mass trauma event. People should ask Buffalo about snow. :-) They are experts. I lived just outside of Buffalo (Hamburg) for a 1-2 years when I was a child, before I started kindergarten elsewhere. I remember playing on the mountainous snowbanks and have a few black-and-white family photos of older sisters and I on one of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

TN got hit pretty good! I didn't think it was going to stick at first but within 30 mins everything was solid white, you could barely see the houses across the way. It came on fast and furious and hasn't stopped since. I love it!!!
Nashville TN

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I know.

We get one of those out here and it's like ... Oh, flyover. No one lives out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Exactly! We're not dumb enough to sit and wring our hands before snow hits. Evidently, the folks on the east coast aren't capable of preparing for a few days at home.
It is winter people---in winter it snows---sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Sometimes there is ice along with the snow. When that happens even the critters stay in their cozy dens---except for the birds. We could learn a lot from the critters.
Since Sunday we've been through a gallon of loose bird seed, three of the seed "bricks" and two blocks of suet. We put out a couple of ears of corn for the squirrels but they've not been seen. The cardinals and red-winged blackbirds appreciated the corn.
Thankfully, we escaped the icy part of the storm. It is pure snow here and has finally begun to taper off it seems.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

It is the capital. I guess they figure the rest of us will panic if all the tin pot dictators and petty bureaucrats, but I repeat myself, are snowed in at their palatial estates and cannot go to the office to further meddle in our lives.

edit on 22-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
My Beloved spent his growing up years in New Jersey. Last night when he heard some official on radio saying, "This is a disaster and we will be dealing with this as a Homeland Security issue and have declared an emergency." he simply exploded. He never knew that he grew up in a whole series of Homeland Security disasters. A foot or two of snow wasn't a big deal in Montclair, NJ in the '40s and '50s. Likewise, a foot or two of snow wasn't a disaster in western KY in the '60s and '70s. It was a mess that kept us home from school and sometimes from work. But unless there was an under-layer of ice, the people who were required to report to work had snow tires. They put them on at the first forecast of snow and did what they needed to do. Everybody had a set of chains for the days when there was ice under the snow.
The only person we saw today was a neighbor who was out playing on his new 4-wheeler by making checks with everyone in the neighborhood. He added enough wood to our porch from the woodpile to last several days and accepted a carton of ham and bean soup for his efforts.
My heart goes out to those guys out there trying to clear the roads and all others who must be out in the midst of the storm. But honestly, if you weren't prepared for this after three days of non-stop warnings---nature is cruel.
I'm just feeling really blessed to be living in a neighborhood with caring people who check up on one another and do what we can to ease the rough patches.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I get a real kick out of how the NE part of the country paints itself as so badass & better than other regions of the country for XYZ reason(s), but as soon as a tropical storm, minor hurricane, or god forbid, snow comes through...

Not exactly taking a dig, but pointing out the irony here.

top topics

join