It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shannara chronicles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm with Mystik in this one.

I just can't seem to get into the show as much as I had hoped, and I'm a huge fan of cheesy fantasy and sci-fi stuff... so I'm not sure what it is about this show that has me turning my nose up at it thus far ?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This series isn't bad for MTV. Better than what the Scfi Channel puts out there. Which is surprising.

The premise works.

The age of man gets destroyed, and elves,trolls, and magic.

Fantasy is my least favorite genre, but I have been watching SC.

Pleasantly surprised.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A good friend of mine (Raven) just finished filming a movie with the main actress (Poppy).
Not sure if just a working title, but called "A Little Mermaid", and also has Shirley Maclaine.
Raven is a professional mermaid, so she provided the tails, and trained Poppy and her stunt double for the role. Pretty sure she did some stunt double work too, for her. She says Poppy is really nice, and got to be good friends with her stunt double (Nicolette Noble, who's been in a few films herself). She may actually go back for additional shooting.

Movie sounds interesting. More based on the actual fairy tale, not Disney version. And seems to have the mermaid in a carnival (since most of the shots my friend posted from the set were of her and the carnival's elephant, lol).

Sorry to sidetrack.

MTV did order another season of the show, so just have to wait for more Shannara.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Another season? Way cool. I wonder if they will go with book three, as this was book two, or backtrack and show book one. Maybe they will go with any of the other umpteen dozen books in the series, who knows.

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking forward to this when it happens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join